The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 3 thread - Now Showing -"Thor:RAGNAROK"

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if Black Panther will set up Infinity War in any way or it'll be a stand a lone film?
    Maybe the Asgard ship lands there
    That's assuming it makes it to Earth. At the end of Ragnarok, it looks like it runs into Thanos' ship, and we know Thor winds up floating in space.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is superman stronger than Zeus and how does superman compare to Thanos in strength. Also whos stronger thanos or darkseid and are they stronger than Thor?

It's always hard to compare across comic companies. The villains are typically stronger than their respective heroes so its fair to say Thanos > Thor and Darkseid > Superman, however, when you compare them to their counterparts in the other company, it's more debatable.

With Zeus, it depends on which one you're talking about. Marvel Zeus on par with Marvel Odin, who is somewhere between Thanos and Galactus level making him more powerful than any of the others named in this topic. DC Zeus is probably weaker given the gods in DC are weaker in general relative to the normal characters. Darkseid soloed whole pantheons of gods in the past.

Wow maybe Batman should sit this one out
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Is superman stronger than Zeus and how does superman compare to Thanos in strength. Also whos stronger thanos or darkseid and are they stronger than Thor?

It's always hard to compare across comic companies. The villains are typically stronger than their respective heroes so its fair to say Thanos > Thor and Darkseid > Superman, however, when you compare them to their counterparts in the other company, it's more debatable.

With Zeus, it depends on which one you're talking about. Marvel Zeus on par with Marvel Odin, who is somewhere between Thanos and Galactus level making him more powerful than any of the others named in this topic. DC Zeus is probably weaker given the gods in DC are weaker in general relative to the normal characters. Darkseid soloed whole pantheons of gods in the past.

Wow maybe Batman should sit this one out

Oddly enough, I think Batman is the one that killed Darkseid in Final Crisis. I don't read DC comics, so I'm not sure. But yeah, Batman's feats are ? considering he's a normal human being.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Jude law is in talks to play MAR VEL
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jude law is in talks to play MAR VEL
    We now know, thanks to an update from Variety, that Law would be playing Dr. Walter Lawson, the human guise of Mar-Vell, the Kree hero who was the original Captain Marvel. Mar-Vell will be a mentor to Carol Danvers as she learns to harness her newfound superpowers

https://www.google.ca/amp/comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2017/11/22/captain-marvel-mar-vell-jude-law/
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? rotten tomatoes and you guys opinions ? was wack
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? rotten tomatoes and you guys opinions ? was wack

What was wack?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked Thor Ragnorak. ? was good and it was actually pretty funny. I'm glad I watched it.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Kong Skull Island stars

Nick Fury
    Loki
    Captain Marvel
    Eazy - E
    And Dr. Dre
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Civil War
    Winter Soldier
    Iron Man
    Avengers
    Doctor Strange
    Ragnarok
    Homecoming
    Incredible Hulk
    Guardians Of the Galaxy 2
    Age of Ultron

In that order.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/m7UuN1XZ1y4

This scene will go down as one of the most important scene in cinema history. It is that defining moment where you know this franchise, the MCU, will be successful.

I still get hype watching this!
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This scene will go down as one of the most important scene in cinema history. It is that defining moment where you know this franchise, the MCU, will be successful.

But...If Banner is always angry why did he not just hulk out before he bellyflopped on the bifrost, lol.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

But...If Banner is always angry why did he not just hulk out before he bellyflopped on the bifrost, lol.

He's a lot more controlled currently.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Plot and comedy director lol
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Can Wolverine cut Hulk?
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What I never got about wolverine is of course he has a healing factor but when he gets blown up or loses body parts how does the adamintium get back in his body since it was only fused on his skeleton during the weapon x project and he wasn't born with it naturally in his body
  • OmegaConflict
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Can Wolverine cut Hulk?

Wolverine can cut and or ? Hulk and vice versa

The hulk can "cut" Wolverine? Hulk has adamintium claws , when?
  • texas409
    Options
    Lol @ a drop of blood

That ? healing factor is OP

Deadpool's is OP because his ? is instant. They had a story in the comics where all his severed body parts came together and made a all knew evil Deadpool

Happened to wolverine too. Hulk pulled him apart threw his limbs miles away from each other and somehow they all came together again lol
  • texas409
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    What I never got about wolverine is of course he has a healing factor but when he gets blown up or loses body parts how does the adamintium get back in his body since it was only fused on his skeleton during the weapon x project and he wasn't born with it naturally in his body

His skeleton doesn't get blown up. If a drop of his blood is still around he can regenerate from that also. To ? him you need to drown him

But there have been times he's lost limbs right? How do you explain the adamintium re generating on the new limbs
  • OmegaConflict
    Options

His skeleton doesn't get blown up. If a drop of his blood is still around he can regenerate from that also. To ? him you need to drown him

But there have been times he's lost limbs right? How do you explain the adamintium re generating on the new limbs

Fusion
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ a drop of blood

That ? healing factor is OP

It’s what made him boring and hard to write. Why old man Logan can to the main universe
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I think they just needed wolverine gone for a while. There was a time when he had his own series, was in like every X-men series, and routinely showed up in other Marvel franchises all at the same time. They pretty much saturated the market with him.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    What yall think? Could we see this happen?

rjnr75p66kos.jpg