Denzel Washington: Don't Blame The Prison System, 'It Starts At The Home'

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The system is the people.
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Mfs referring to the system as if it’s a living entity capable of independent thought. Lmao.

I guess the System is a grown ? boogey man lmao

The system is the economic and political infrastructure of the united states that is upheld by cultural forces
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mfs referring to the system as if it’s a living entity capable of independent thought. Lmao.

I guess the System is a grown ? boogey man lmao

No worse than these mfs fear of cacs
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sunlord wrote: »
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Nobody isn’t saying don’t fix the family du-fus

The system is working to keep 750k black males locked up, a large number of those men are fathers, what don’t yall get??

we know the system is working against black progress but we are working against ourselves by producing ain't ? men and women. The former we are limited in addressing but the later we can address and improve.

AND when we do address it and improve it the destructive effects of the system be limited.
    That’s what I’m telling you, it’s not necessarily a “we sabotaging ourselves “ type of situation

Why do we keep producing ain’t ? men and women??

like i said,despite everybody aware of the situation, how or why do we keep making the same mistakes???
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is like when ic said white people were dropping off ak 47s and bazookas in chicago hoods

Lmaooo
  • twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Technically speaking... We can't "fix" the system.

It's not broken...

That ? is working exactly as it was designed to. There is NOTHING we can do to "fix" it. And it never will BE "fixed". That muthafucka gon' keep runnin like a well-oiled machine. But do that mean we gotta supply the coggs?

What we CAN do is teach each other and our children how to avoid that ? to the best of our and their abilities. And yes...it CAN be avoided. And contrary to how y'all presentin y'all argument...they not just goin around door to door lockin up random ? . Do some innocent people get caught up in that ? ? Yes. But how many? Show me THOSE numbers. THOSE are who we should fight for. Any innocents killed or abused... THOSE are who we should march/protest/riot for.

? is actually in here fightin for our right to do crime! LMAO! And yes, by sayin "But they..."/"But White..."/"But Italian..."/"But everybody else..." is exactly what that sounds like. Well allow me to say ? them AND everybody else cuz I don't care about THEM like I care about MY people. We shouldn't be worried about what other muhfuckas can "get away with" seeing as it does not and will not affect us the same way. Nah...it's not fair... We get that. I don't think anybody in here is saying that it is. What we are saying is, since we know that, what we CAN do is teach our shorties how ? up this system is and to put they best foot forward in attempts to stay far the ? away from it.

Check this...

If a chick gets fair warning that at the weekly frat party they routinely drug and ? all but a certain demographic of women (that SHE'S not part of mind you), and they got friends in high places so they never get punished, yet she goes anyway...and indeed gets drugged and ? ...but SHE contests that "Well it's my right to party too." or "Well they don't ? them other ? ! Why they rapin me and my kind?"... Would that be an acceptable enough explanation? Now... Let's say she goes back week after week after week... After seein it happen to other chicks... After it happening to HER... What would you think? What if your mother, your sister, your DAUGHTER wanted to go? And that's not to say "? is ok"... But when you know what it is and you know the muthafuckas behind it got immunity... What's the common sense thing to do?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7figz wrote: »
    Huey_C wrote: »
    ? in 2017 still don't know the system is against us and how to avoid them

MFs out here "avoiding" the system everyday and still gettin' into ? . You don't read the ? news ?

You saying some ? like you offered a real solution or some ? . Gotta stop engaging with yall weak-minded MFs who can't form real arguments. Just leave the reaction and keep it movin bruh, you ain't sayin ? .

most of the ? getting into ? don't avoid a ? thing.... I read the news and most of those ? are getting what they put onto themselves

Really ? And all the innocent Black people who got killed by racist cops was just imagination, right ?

Sandra Bland should've avoided the ? .

The old lady in GA who cops bust down her door on some wrong door ? , and killed her - should've avoided the ? ?

Dude in the cop van who got paralyzed should've avoided the ? ?

Yeah ight genius.

Straw man argument.... We are talking about people who break laws. Not innocent old lady's who become the victims of police mistakes.

Stop accusing people of being stupid when you cannot even properly debate

Watch how you word that zombie, cause none of those crook cops targeted innocent people by mistake.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all will go against anything lol
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    farris2k1 wrote: »
    Huey_C wrote: »
    ? in 2017 still don't know the system is against us and how to avoid them

MFs out here "avoiding" the system everyday and still gettin' into ? . You don't read the ? news ?

You saying some ? like you offered a real solution or some ? . Gotta stop engaging with yall weak-minded MFs who can't form real arguments. Just leave the reaction and keep it movin bruh, you ain't sayin ? .

most of the ? getting into ? don't avoid a ? thing.... I read the news and most of those ? are getting what they put onto themselves

Really ? And all the innocent Black people who got killed by racist cops was just imagination, right ?

Sandra Bland should've avoided the ? .

The old lady in GA who cops bust down her door on some wrong door ? , and killed her - should've avoided the ? ?

Dude in the cop van who got paralyzed should've avoided the ? ?

Yeah ight genius.

Straw man argument.... We are talking about people who break laws. Not innocent old lady's who become the victims of police mistakes.

Stop accusing people of being stupid when you cannot even properly debate
    So in the other words, for us to avoid grossly unfair prison sentencing based off our color, we as black ppl should NEVER commit any crimes at all? Thats the answer to DECADES of racist prison sentencing. Forget the fact crime is based off economic conditions not race
    Um, nobody should be commiting crimes period..
    In a perfect world. But if u havent noticed, crime is something that happens and will continue to happen aslong as humans exist on earth. Crime wasnt invented by black ppl. Still doesnt justify them making $$$ of putting black ppl in prison longer than others
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    twenty2 wrote: »

It's not broken...

That ? is working exactly as it was designed to. There is NOTHING we can do to "fix" it. And it never will BE "fixed". That muthafucka gon' keep runnin like a well-oiled machine. But do that mean we gotta supply the coggs?

What we CAN do is teach each other and our children how to avoid that ? to the best of our and their abilities. And yes...it CAN be avoided. And contrary to how y'all presentin y'all argument...they not just goin around door to door lockin up random ? . Do some innocent people get caught up in that ? ? Yes. But how many? Show me THOSE numbers. THOSE are who we should fight for. Any innocents killed or abused... THOSE are who we should march/protest/riot for.

? is actually in here fightin for our right to do crime! LMAO! And yes, by sayin "But they..."/"But White..."/"But Italian..."/"But everybody else..." is exactly what that sounds like. Well allow me to say ? them AND everybody else cuz I don't care about THEM like I care about MY people. We shouldn't be worried about what other muhfuckas can "get away with" seeing as it does not and will not affect us the same way. Nah...it's not fair... We get that. I don't think anybody in here is saying that it is. What we are saying is, since we know that, what we CAN do is teach our shorties how ? up this system is and to put they best foot forward in attempts to stay far the ? away from it.

Check this...

If a chick gets fair warning that at the weekly frat party they routinely drug and ? all but a certain demographic of women (that SHE'S not part of mind you), and they got friends in high places so they never get punished, yet she goes anyway...and indeed gets drugged and ? ...but SHE contests that "Well it's my right to party too." or "Well they don't ? them other ? ! Why they rapin me and my kind?"... Would that be an acceptable enough explanation? Now... Let's say she goes back week after week after week... After seein it happen to other chicks... After it happening to HER... What would you think? What if your mother, your sister, your DAUGHTER wanted to go? And that's not to say "? is ok"... But when you know what it is and you know the muthafuckas behind it got immunity... What's the common sense thing to do?
    All this you typed and didnt say a damn thing smh. Like i've been saying, every race commits crimes. Other races dont have these dumb azz internal debates on how they can stop each from breaking the law. You know why? Because YOU CANT STOP PPL FROM COMMITTING CRIMES. What you can do is work to change the conditions in which ppl feel crime is their only option. But human beings are going to break the ? law. Mass incareration is a BUSINESS designed to destroy poor/black communities
  • twenty2
    twenty2 Members Posts: 255 ✭✭

It's not broken...

Check this...

All this you typed and didnt say a damn thing smh. Like i've been saying, every race commits crimes. Other races dont have these dumb azz internal debates on how they can stop each from breaking the law. You know why? Because YOU CANT STOP PPL FROM COMMITTING CRIMES. What you can do is work to change the conditions in which ppl feel crime is their only option. But human beings are going to break the ? law. Mass incareration is a BUSINESS designed to destroy poor/black communities

Well ? ... You wanna commit crime, go right ahead ? . Have a blast.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    accountability is rare currency across the board..

from how people conduct themselves in relationships(all of them)

pitfalls do to their choices
    or even trivial ? ...

This is considered ? talk sir

By who, and how so ?

I doubt any normal person on here would call being accountable "? ? ", but generalizing Black people as being unaccountable - yeah ? ? . Or acting like systematic racism has no part in it or downplaying it - yeah ? ? .

No one said that though.

Didnt say you did bruh. It wasn't necessarily directed to you. I was explaining the context of MFs saying some ? is ? ? . It's not just when a MF says somebody should be accountable - MFs be sayin some extra ? .

Who said it in here though... everything aint ? ? because you have a point of disagreement to it.. ? have away of redefining ? ...

Bruh... ask Cain who said what he bolded was considered ? talk.

See my point ?

I said what I said.

We are quick to throw ALL our issues on racism. Yet when it's time to do the proverbial "man in the mirror" test it's no one wanting to take accountability. If YOU out here selling drugs and getting caught it's YOUR fault nobody else to blame. If it started at home instilling in our youth financial empowerment, education and self pride a lot of our issues would not be as bad

Yet saying WE need to take accountability ? fatherless feelings get hurt.

If we talking about self-accountability, lets talk to the MFs in here right now.

Anybody in here dealing drugs and blaming it on racism ?

And if you think racism has nothing to do with the drug problem, there's plenty of research to the contrary.

And as far as the "WE" ? , how you gonna expect somebody to be accountable for somebody else's action. You need to be talkin to the MFs doing that ? and saying that ? to say they need to take accountability.

Somebody's else action? ? Denzel is talking about the issues in our community and ? in here are saying but but but what about racism. That's like a cracka saying what about black on black crime

Voilà!! Touchè!! Thank you!!

THEY DONT WANT TO TAKE THEIR PART OF RESPONSIBILITY!!

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    ? that damn straight I blame the system as far as the overall community goes. On an individual basis yes personal responsibility plays but having your father, mothers, leaders, imprisoned or killed does no help. Such system was systematic put in place to specifically weaken the community.

YOU ARE DODGING THE SUBJECT. This thread is not about that.

Ertime a ? is calling his own to take THEIR PART OF RESPONSIBILITY some iggas out here come with the SAME POSTS about racism and oppression.

Cowards
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not broken...

Check this...

Well ? ... You wanna commit crime, go right ahead ? . Have a blast.

Hahahahaha. This made me burst out laughing in public
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on some of the posts in this thread, I need to invest in some of these prisons...
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harry O the gangster hustler put Denzel on so there's that.
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Yall goin above and beyond to give dude the benefit of the doubt.

There's a whole lot of ? you could blame the system for.

The ? was oversimplification at best and ? ? at worst.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for me though Denzel is that ? ... he put his money where his mouth is especially as regards young Black people. Y'all need to check out his philanthropy with Black students in HBCUs

And him making Fences (producing, acting & directing)...

YNV4G.gif

• 7figz
    edited November 2017
    Willie D. droppin knowledge for yall slow ig'nant narrow-minded coonish MFs

https://youtu.be/f3fgi6QW1DA
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

but why does he need to go into details?

we all know what it is
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

What Denzel done for the black community >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> What Willie D done for the black community
  • 7figz
    Shizlansky wrote: »

What Denzel done for the black community >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> What Willie D done for the black community

What does that have to do with a debate about mass incarceration of Black people ?

If I donated more to Black charities, not that you could prove that ? or that it matters, would that mean that any statement I make about Black people is true and yours is false ?

Of course not. Smh with that logic.
  • 7figz
    edited November 2017

but why does he need to go into details?

we all know what it is

Because he said you can't blame the system. When you say ? like that, you need to go in to detail.

That's like saying "I can't blame cops... it starts at home."

It's a damn shame this ? gotta be explained - especially to any Black person. MFs clearly agreed they all for having strong homes, and MFs still holding they ground to support a reckless ass statement. Pride is a MF.