JAY-Z: “At this very moment America is way more sexist than they are racist."…

Options
1234568»

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    bossdon201 wrote: »
    Women of color, more specifically black women, are delusional for feeding into this ? . SMH

Go head and keep fighting for the white woman’s cause while y’all get nowhere

You got to be delusional to think black women don't also face issues specific to women in general as well as from racist white folks
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I am not some "WOKE" dude on women issues, far from it. But I admit that women no matter the situation will get the short end of the stick the majority of the time. That is the way society has been built forever. Christianity literally short changes women as coming from the rib of a man even though women give birth to all. Even that is seen as a punishment.

I will never know how it is to be a woman just like a white person will never know how it is to be me. I am willing to listen and adjust my behavior to a certain extent to make a women feel more comfortable in my presence. Just like race relations, that is all you can truly expect.

True. And realistically they (Black women) experience racism and sexism. I mean it is what it is. So don't know why some are really tryna argue that BM have it worse.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I am not some "WOKE" dude on women issues, far from it. But I admit that women no matter the situation will get the short end of the stick the majority of the time. That is the way society has been built forever. Christianity literally short changes women as coming from the rib of a man even though women give birth to all. Even that is seen as a punishment.

I will never know how it is to be a woman just like a white person will never know how it is to be me. I am willing to listen and adjust my behavior to a certain extent to make a women feel more comfortable in my presence. Just like race relations, that is all you can truly expect.

True. And realistically they (Black women) experience racism and sexism. I mean it is what it is. So don't know why some are really tryna argue that BM have it worse.

Because that would mean that they are somehow complicit in the struggle of black women.

A hurt dog hollers.
  • blackrain
    Options
    Sexism is so deeply engrained in society, IN AMERICA, that men can day things like "you can’t trust women to make any important decisions" then turn around and say he's not sexist.

? bizarre.

"? these ? . They're overgrown children. Can't trust them to do nothing but ruin your lives"
    "Nah sexism isn't an issue. They being dramatic. We always speak nothing but the best about them"
  • bossdon201
    bossdon201 Members Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Women of color, more specifically black women, are delusional for feeding into this ? . SMH

You got to be delusional to think black women don't also face issues specific to women in general as well as from racist white folks

Never once did I say they don’t. I just don’t believe this “feminist” movement benefits black women in any way nor do I believe that sexism is a bigger issue than racism.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lgbtqwerty community going hard in this ? .

The whole ? alphabet and a few numbers and a plus sign. Lol
  • blackrain
    edited November 2017
    Options

Never once did I say they don’t. I just don’t believe this “feminist” movement benefits black women in any way nor do I believe that sexism is a bigger issue than racism.

And neither do the majority of black women but that don't mean they want it dimissed and be told to shut up about it when they bring the issues to the table.
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Beyonce Must have put this ? up to this..So he's saying his ancestors were Lynched and ? because america is Sexist but not racist?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beyonce Must have put this ? up to this..So he's saying his ancestors were Lynched and ? because america is Sexist but not racist?

So you just gonna make up ? he never said just to disagree with his actual statement?
  • bossdon201
    bossdon201 Members Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And neither do the majority of black women but that don't mean they want it dimissed and be told to shut up about it when they bring the issues to the table.

When they start addressing this topic in a way where they make it seem that this is more important than racism then they should.

That’s like having your house catch on fire and being worried about the clothes you lost. ? we don’t even have a place to sleep
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    So many of yall ? doing the whitey "stick to sports" shtick and dont even know it

naw ? see jay for what he is which is an opportunist...

Why is opportunist always used negatively? Nobody would be successful if they weren't

it aint no guinuine concern... his wife told him to say it and he doin it for relevancy not cuz he feel that cause... just like his last album
  • aneed123
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    He's right though. Sexism is something that runs in all the races. Most cultures women are treated as second class citizens. Racism tends to be some white ? against everybody else ? .

if women are treated as second class citizens how the ? are black men bein treated??!

black men are the highest uneducated/unemployed/prosecuted demographic...

this is where i look sideways at both Jy and Beyonce.. them two muthafuckas are panderers.. they aint about they people.. they aint about the struggle..

Beyonce been on that lesbian/feminism wave from jump.. all that ? is an attack on the black family..
    iv stated this on here before that black women have picked up the white woman’s problem.. black men wasnt oppressing black women.. black men were bein oppressed by the same people oppressing them white ? .. WHITE MEN!!

what shouldve been a movement against white men became a cry against ALL men and we aint have ? to do wit that..

im all for women empowerment.. but fight WIT me.. we have the same ? enemy.. dont fight against me or challenge me for rank amd position.. now u got me ? up..

and Jay is fake as ? ..
    as a “self made” ? “from the bottom” he should know this country is more classist than anything..

but we have to remember he been the lackey/face for the white establishment for some time now.. they use him to get to us and he’s cashin out off that..

exactly...
  • aneed123
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    LPast wrote: »
    You a ol "You should help me but I don't have to help you" ass ?

? helpin me is helpin us!

when they wanted to destroy the black family they aint target black ? .. they targeted black men...

they did that for a reason..
    i love to use the chess reference.. a black Queen is the most powerful piece... but the black King is the most important piece.. if u dont get that point aint no need in hs talkin any further..

everyone has a role to play a position to fill..

but nah.. they have systematically wit the war on drugs and welfare taken black men out of the equation and the black family has suffered because of it..

irrefutable..

False, they targeted both, from the very beginning.

And you have to start at the beginning.

I'm not saying that Jay is 100% right, but it's a discussion. Why didn't white women have the right to vote before black men?

Why is it that black women have it harder than everyone? (Don't try to against that either)

okay u ? lesbian..
    how was BOTH targeted in the beginning?! and how do black women have it harder?!

whats harder than bein dead or in prison..

cause last i checked black ? out here gettin free government aid at the cost of black men (welfare) arent they the most educated demographic or some ? .. they aint sittin on the unemployed line.. i mean they may be gettin paid less than their white male coworker but least they have a job.. they aint missin work.. they aint gettin pulled over and they aint goin to jail at the rate these black men are..

please tell me how black women have it harder than black men..

i aint talkin about other races cause them ? aint my problem..

The beginning = black people in America... As in slavery...as in black women being ? etc... You want to argue that?

Black women have it harder because women have had it harder.

Please don't act like you don't understand the pecking order. White man > white woman > Dogs > other animals > black men > black women

This MF said black women are more educated...as if that ? is something given to them. They are going to the same college black men may have CHOSEN to NOT go to.

Generally speaking, if you have an education, you will have more opportunities. That isn't something out of black men's grasp...

After you break down the racial walls, you still have the boys club.

u cant talk slavery..
    but that even supports my argument that we have always been under the same oppressor.. and women’s fight was never wit ALL MEN but the white man cause we was in the struggle together..

but even then black women were bein ? and black men were bein hung..

and please dont tell me ur this ? dumb..
    there are studies out on the school to prison pipeline..
    how black kids PREDOMINANTLY boys are pretty much bein suspended and disciplined at higher rates than other kids.. they are takin black boys out the game early and givin black women free rides to college.. and if they aint ? givin them free food for them and they aint ? babies and sendin ? to jail for the money they dont got to feed this aint ? ? and they kids..

my ? u still aint told me how black ? got ot worse out here than black ? outside of sayin “they jus do..” if thats ur argument ? forever ? the ? up..

the bold is so true they push bkack boys in special ed with 504 and iep plans then alternative school then dropped out while the bkack girls get to go to college
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    So many of yall ? doing the whitey "stick to sports" shtick and dont even know it

naw ? see jay for what he is which is an opportunist...

Why is opportunist always used negatively? Nobody would be successful if they weren't

it aint no guinuine concern... his wife told him to say it and he doin it for relevancy not cuz he feel that cause... just like his last album

Ok...I don't agree...but that didn't answer my question.