The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Philly winning the East.

What yall think?

Way to go out on a limb there, numbaz! LOL!
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

What yall think?

lol he being sarcastic because he been saying Philly was taking the division
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    tupacfan12 wrote: »
    I see the Vikings getting alot of love on here, am I the only one who thinks they gonna get bounced in their first game. I think keenum will have a Playoff Brian Hoyer game this postseason. just a gut feeling
    That defense will carry them to the NFC championship. There’s been QBs with less talent than Case Keenum that made the super bowl.

Like?

Trent Dilfer

Ok. That dude had arguably one of the best defenses of all time carry the team to a super bowl, as well as some serious all time great team leaders. Are we saying minny defense up there w that ravens D or that keenum is so much better Than trent that he does not need them to be?
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    I see the Vikings getting alot of love on here, am I the only one who thinks they gonna get bounced in their first game. I think keenum will have a Playoff Brian Hoyer game this postseason. just a gut feeling
    That defense will carry them to the NFC championship. There’s been QBs with less talent than Case Keenum that made the super bowl.

Like?

Cmon man

Im just asking. The dude is a career back up QB, how many QB's of his caliber have gotten to a super bowl.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options

Like?

Trent Dilfer

Ok. That dude had arguably one of the best defenses of all time carry the team to a super bowl, as well as some serious all time great team leaders. Are we saying minny defense up there w that ravens D or that keenum is so much better Than trent that he does not need them to be?

I’m not saying Vikes defense is that Ravens defense, but Dilfer was a trash QB. And you can say Keenum is a back up QB, but he’s sure as ? not playing like one right now, he’s playing like a good QB. We very well could see a regression to the mean in his play, but so far he’s been playing way better than a backup QB.

Jesus Christ Adam Thielen is like 2nd or 3rd in the league in receiving yards and he’s WHITE! You don’t see ? like that without good QB play.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

What yall think?

lol he being sarcastic because he been saying Philly was taking the division

tenor.gif?itemid=7356344
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/28/jury-in-fraud-case-hears-jimmy-haslams-voice-on-secretly-recorded-tape/
    Jury in fraud case hears Jimmy Haslam’s voice on secretly-recorded tape

It’s been more than four years since Pilot Flying J found itself suddenly embroiled in a major fraud case, arising from the failure to provide promised fuel rebates to trucking customers. At an ongoing federal trial in Tennessee, jurors heard for the first time on Tuesday the voice of Browns owner (and Pilot Flying J CEO) Jimmy Haslam, via a secretly-recorded tape.

A video update from Jamie Satterfield of the Knoxville News Sentinel explains the content and the context of Haslam’s comments. In short, his words seem to indicate awareness of the scheme to defraud customers by promising them a certain rebate, and then failing to honor it.

Four former Pilot Flying J executives currently are on trial for fraud. Multiple owners have previously pleaded guilty. Haslam steadfastly has insisted that he knew nothing about any improper activities.

In 2014, the company paid nearly $100 million in fines to avoid prosecution of the business entity, but as of February 2016 Haslam personally remained susceptible to indictment. He has never been charged.

NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart was asked about the situation during a Tuesday media briefing, given the breadth of the league’s Personal Conduct Policy. Lockhart said he’s not sufficiently familiar with the case to comment on whether Haslam would potentially face discipline.

• bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao Eli got benched for Geno Smith?

Wanted to see Webb get in there and see what we got before the draft.
  • natural born sinners
    Options

Like?

Trent Dilfer

I’m not saying Vikes defense is that Ravens defense, but Dilfer was a trash QB. And you can say Keenum is a back up QB, but he’s sure as ? not playing like one right now, he’s playing like a good QB. We very well could see a regression to the mean in his play, but so far he’s been playing way better than a backup QB.

Jesus Christ Adam Thielen is like 2nd or 3rd in the league in receiving yards and he’s WHITE! You don’t see ? like that without good QB play.

You make some good points, I just don't see keenum being good enough to take them to the big game or the defense being good enough to overcome his playoff inexperience. I think the oline is the unheralded hero of this 9-2 squad. What a turn around. They did what I wish the giants had done
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Lmao Eli got benched for Geno Smith?

When did this happen. ? they playing geno for? Play the new kid, Webb and see if we actually have to use a top 5 pick on a QB.
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Who would ve thought, We would go from super bowl talk to a top 5 draft position and starting geno ? Smith on week 13. Damn, When it rains it pours. Everything that could have gone wrong for this team has. Even engram who was the only highlight of this season cooled off. Defenses realized he the only weapon.
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Eli sounded real defeated in that last press conference. This ? is on Mcaddo and jerry Reese shoulder. Reese for neglecting the state of the oline and mcaddo's stubborn ass not realizing the adjustments that needed to be made to that line. This ? had Fluker on the bench until week 4. Everyone saw this dude could contribute during the preseason. Pugh should've started the season at RT. ? literally did nothing to help protect eli. They got him a old WR and a rookie TE. When he needed protection, not weapons. They said engram was going to help beat the cover 2 issue, but everyone knows the best way to hear that coverage is developing a effective run game or giving the QB enough time to allow his WR to run their routes n get open
  • Lowercase_G
    Lowercase_G Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Eli gonna end up in Denver or Jacksonville next season, Jacksonville is more likely though because Denver probably gonna have a shot at one of the top QBs in the draft.
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does that snap his consecutive streak or nah because he wasn't injured?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i bash eli alot for his ? ups but u dont stop his streak like that... straight disrespectful. watch he go to a team with a good o line running game and wrs and make them a contender. our gm failed us with no rynning gane and no oline
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ethos wrote: »

Streak OVA
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cowboys/Giants game got flexed out for Seahawks/Jaguars

Bout time. I thought the Flex button was broke.
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    ethos wrote: »

Streak OVA

Damn, that's grimey.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cowboys/Giants game got flexed out for Seahawks/Jaguars

? that game ain't no better
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eli trash as ? .

No matter where he go he gon suck.