Mortal Kombat XL Announced

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
NetherRealm Studios has revealed Mortal Kombat XL, a complete version of MKX that includes the main game and all of its post-launch content.

This content-rich rerelease will be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on March 1 in North America and March 4 in Europe. Check out the announcement trailer below.

NetherRealm Studios has revealed Mortal Kombat XL, a complete version of MKX that includes the main game and all of its post-launch content.

This content-rich rerelease will be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on March 1 in North America and March 4 in Europe. Check out the announcement trailer below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPlCLVq9MQo

In addition to the core Mortal Kombat X experience, all of the previously released downloadable content from the original Kombat Pack, as well as the upcoming Kombat Pack 2 will be included.

Will you be picking up Mortal Kombat XL when it arrives in March? Let us know in the comments, and for more on NetherRealm's gruesome fighter, check out IGN's Mortal Kombat X review.

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i never got mkx for this exact reason, i'd rather wait for all the DLC version
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    No combat pack 2 for PC players.

WB is turning into another ? boy company like EA, Ubisoft and Activision.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    i never got mkx for this exact reason, i'd rather wait for all the DLC version

You get all the DLC in the XL edition. The question I have is WB charging season pass owners for Kombat Pack 2? If they charging season pass owners I'm taking my copy and flipping it with my GCU membership. When I buy fighting games from now on I will be waiting for GOTY editions because I got bit like this when WB came out with Injustice.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh they really ? on people who support when it 1st drops huh
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didnt get mkx cause I knew complete version was coming

just look at what studio historically do
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    Smh they really ? on people who support when it 1st drops huh

They will tell you that you had the benefit of playing the game before anyone else...
  • willhustle
    Options
    Kombat Pack 2 is $20 regardless if you're a season pass owner. If you didn't buy the first pack you can get KP 1&2 for $25.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WB pulling another Arkham Knight.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Nah, they pulling an EA. This ? has been wack since the Fight Night games charging loot for the same characters at different weight classes and different shorts and ? . Costumes used to be ? free for pressing a different face button to select a character. If you had told me cats would pay legit money to play with Ryu in red or with a perm or "Classic" Sub-Zero a few years ago, I would've laughed.

Now muhfuckas is acting like this is normal talking about "I can't wait for KP134 to drop!" ? you mean? What happened to timing an uppercut on Stage 2 when a ? flew past the moon? We dropping food money on PIXEL COLORS. Then getting mad when the price drops a week later.
  • willhustle
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

True. At least with the season pass from Arkham Knight all the dlc was covered under the season pass at least. When Injustice came out WB was actually bold enough to charge for a season pass & separate dlc attire. When I caught on to the scam I got rid of the original copy (for about the same price) & bought the GOTY edition for $30 a year later. I didn't think WB would pull the same ? w/MK X. I was wrong. When it comes to fighting games I'll be doing GOTY editions from now on. I notice this scam is a trend with mostly fighting games.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Shout out to all the suckers with no self-restraint or intelligence enough to recognize how to hinder a dumb-ass system like DLC by not supporting it. You make it a real treat to walk into a store and buy all the ? you got charged $80, $90, or even $100 for a dub.

Stop buying these fighting/sports games DLC for stupid ass costumes, skins, and characters.

Yeah, you really learned them. They got to play the game they wanted to play when they wanted to play it. And you get the pleasure of being a cheap ass ? and taking pride in an accomplishment that no one gives a ? about.

I ain't saying that all DLC is good. It does seem like WB Studios has been scalping ? , but fools that act like you're getting the better of people because you saved $20 or $30 always seem to miss the point that for some people not having to wait months to play a game is worth paying an extra $20 or $30 and for ? that ain't broke, that amount of money ain't ? .
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out to all the suckers with no self-restraint or intelligence enough to recognize how to hinder a dumb-ass system like DLC by not supporting it. You make it a real treat to walk into a store and buy all the ? you got charged $80, $90, or even $100 for a dub.

Stop buying these fighting/sports games DLC for stupid ass costumes, skins, and characters.

Yeah, you really learned them. They got to play the game they wanted to play when they wanted to play it. And you get the pleasure of being a cheap ass ? and taking pride in an accomplishment that no one gives a ? about.

I ain't saying that all DLC is good. It does seem like WB Studios has been scalping ? , but fools that act like you're getting the better of people because you saved $20 or $30 always seem to miss the point that for some people not having to wait months to play a game is worth paying an extra $20 or $30 and for ? that ain't broke, that amount of money ain't ? .

See I hit a nerve. It's not about being cheap or broke. It's about recognizing when someone is playing you or trying to play you. This is the mentality that's broken all in one post. "I got my ? early, so who cares if I paid more?"

No, they didn't get ? early. The stuff is finished before it became DLC, and 2K the only game I think to drop earlier and that was for preorders. These companies are showing you full demos of characters, costumes and locations, and then setting a date for them to drop ... off a disc ... sitting in your console ... that you bought ... day one.

Early would've been day one or week ahead of release date.

The problem is millions of people keep getting finessed. Y'all roll out the ego trip "Oh, it's only X amount of cash, so only broke ? care." Nah. I bet if you got shorted at restaurant on change or over charged, it'd be, "No. I need all my ? ." So how is it a company can sell you a product with all your features on it or withhold it, then roll out an additional charge for a code to unlock something sitting in your house, and it's roses and bubbles? Go out to eat, order your food, and then get charged for silverware DLC. Is it cool or nah?

And you're right about one thing: they don't give a ? about me waiting. Imagine if a million ? didn't buy the silly costumes at max price. You think the inventory would sit there in a holding pattern? Nah. The price structure would switch up or dry up because no one is projecting sales at a certain price point before lowering it only to watch everybody not touch it at max price. If I feel my product is worth $90 with DLC costs factored in, I'm not trying to sell it any lower until absolutely necessary.

If gamers made the price drop necessary out the gate, we could be back in alternate costumes for hitting face buttons and creatively unlocking characters again or even *gasp* getting full games instead of high tech demos.

Instead, ? out here getting ? and still trying to stunt.

"? , they ain't even ? us with that big of a strap! Man up, soft ass ? !"

? you mean...
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL@ anyone who pays more than $30 for a fighting game this day and age
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

See I hit a nerve. It's not about being cheap or broke. It's about recognizing when someone is playing you or trying to play you. This is the mentality that's broken all in one post. "I got my ? early, so who cares if I paid more?"

No, they didn't get ? early. The stuff is finished before it became DLC, and 2K the only game I think to drop earlier and that was for preorders. These companies are showing you full demos of characters, costumes and locations, and then setting a date for them to drop ... off a disc ... sitting in your console ... that you bought ... day one.

Early would've been day one or week ahead of release date.

The problem is millions of people keep getting finessed. Y'all roll out the ego trip "Oh, it's only X amount of cash, so only broke ? care." Nah. I bet if you got shorted at restaurant on change or over charged, it'd be, "No. I need all my ? ." So how is it a company can sell you a product with all your features on it or withhold it, then roll out an additional charge for a code to unlock something sitting in your house, and it's roses and bubbles? Go out to eat, order your food, and then get charged for silverware DLC. Is it cool or nah?

And you're right about one thing: they don't give a ? about me waiting. Imagine if a million ? didn't buy the silly costumes at max price. You think the inventory would sit there in a holding pattern? Nah. The price structure would switch up or dry up because no one is projecting sales at a certain price point before lowering it only to watch everybody not touch it at max price. If I feel my product is worth $90 with DLC costs factored in, I'm not trying to sell it any lower until absolutely necessary.

If gamers made the price drop necessary out the gate, we could be back in alternate costumes for hitting face buttons and creatively unlocking characters again or even *gasp* getting full games instead of high tech demos.

Instead, ? out here getting ? and still trying to stunt.

"? , they ain't even ? us with that big of a strap! Man up, soft ass ? !"

? you mean...

I don't think I've ever paid for DLC, so you didn't strike a nerve with me. I just think your point is stupid. I'm not saying all DLC is good. Some of it is damn near a scam and should be avoided, but not all of it falls in that category. Your post revolved around you acting like you've accomplished something because you waited four or five months to get the game just so you can save $30 or $40. That's great if you put a premium on saving money over actually play games. However, not everyone thinks like that. Some people would rather play the game day 1 than forego the experience just to save a few dollars. And yeah, there is an aspect of being cheap to that. I spend $40 for two hours drinking at Happy Hour. That really ain't ? , so paying for dozens of hours of gameplay that I'll get not waiting until the price drops is worth it. And it ain't even like this is unique to video games. Whether it's cars, computers, phones, whatever, if you're willing to wait, you can always get it for cheaper, so the whole argument is silly.
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's already a MKX thread
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buying most games on day 1 is like getting fleeced these days. The definitive version is around the corner but there's exceptions to the rule where you want to be on it when the online is still popular. Nothing worse than getting a game for $10 and the online is dead.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn ? writing novels in here. But I came to drop this trailer off for a MKX tournament/reality show on the cw I been seeing this ? on twitch alot.

https://youtu.be/RjpUfxgodYQ
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    MKX came out in April of 2015. Threads like this always make me sad that there are ? out there in the world worried about $20 or $30 over the course of an entire year.

The new characters look dope.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Just bought this game on sale for $8. Sucks there's no shao khan or shang tsung
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just bought this game on sale for $8. Sucks there's no shao khan or shang tsung

I play this with my son and nephew on PC, they love it.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Got this game also

Lui Kang my main and Raiden my second. I’m trying to get decent with Jax and probably need one more character. Either Sonya or Jacqui

Hate fighting Kano, Reptile is annoying and ? online love picking scorpion