The Official Dragonball Super Thread (All my DBZ fans come in here)

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao Lonious and jono be on some other ?

How is it other ? ? I gave you a real world example of the concept. Of course DBS just dials that concept up x 1000.
    Lmao Lonious and jono be on some other ?

No way in hell im reading all of that stupid ?

My ? you are way too proud of your inability to read more than 4 sentences.
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I personally don't think Jiren has ultra instinct...based purely on the fact that everyone was so surprised when Goku pulled it off...

Since they tend to focus on Jirens eyes when he pulls off some fly ? I kinda wanna see Goku solar flare that ? to see what happens
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The more popular super gets, the less spoilers we get. Vegeta having offensive UI seems unlikely. We already had a sneak peak of Goku in his mastered ultra instinct form
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Offensive or defensive UI doesn't make sense tho.... The point of it IS offense to win the battle at hand so imo it don't make sense to differentiate it between 2 ppl. I get it, we want Vegeta to achieve it and he will but I don't think it's gonna be like how ppl want.

And Piccolo will get eliminated next then 17 and 18 and then Frieza for the millionth time :lol: lolol

Another Vegeta hater >_>

I've been more than supportive of Vegeta, he will do amazing things in DBS,, he will get UI. I'm just not sure if it'll be this offensive or defensive thing everyone is speculating about. What's Jiren UI called ? That's all I'm saying.

Hey maybe they do differentiate it like that and I'm wrong iuno but we'll find out I'm sure.

Lol, ? , that ? is called OP
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    finally caught up.... this is a dope ass arc....

that kamehameha was ridiculous......

i feel like everybody op'd, but it's still pretty entertaining.....

i find it ? hilarious how slow the clock is moving.....

dragonball z time gotta stop being so disrespectful...

freiza's 10 minutes to planet namek blowing up was like 5+hours

and this 30 minute tournament been going on for like 10+ hours... it's just an insult.....they'd been better off doing rounds or something......

there's no way to expect ? to heal from battles in like 2 mins......

goku done had like 3 fights he had to heal from....

remember back on namek when it took goku like 12 episodes to heal? and that's in healing waters hoekd up to computers n ? .....

now he heals up in minutes?

that ? just stands out as stupid to me....

other than that.. great action... the androids are holding ? down....

roshi had mad eliminations....vegeta bout to hulk out soon.... i can feel it.... he has to remind ? he's goku's rival...... he gotta have that moment where he softens up the big bad and makes a big sacrifice.....
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn’t get that there were two sides to UI. Whis was simply explaining why Goku’s attacks were ineffective. Goku was thinking about his attacks, which is why he wasn’t able to effectively utilize his offensive capabilities. The next time he enters that state he will be on the verge of mastering it. It’s just a guess but I assume he’s not supposed to be releasing any heat in that form. Vegeta may obtain this form but he may need a proper catalyst to achieve it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    I didn’t get that there were two sides to UI. Whis was simply explaining why Goku’s attacks were ineffective. Goku was thinking about his attacks, which is why he wasn’t able to effectively utilize his offensive capabilities. The next time he enters that state he will be on the verge of mastering it. It’s just a guess but I assume he’s not supposed to be releasing any heat in that form. Vegeta may obtain this form but he may need a proper catalyst to achieve it.

We aren't really saying that there are two sides to UI in the sense that its two different forms. It's just a easy way to refer to the fact that you can master UI in one way, but lack it in the other way. Some are suggesting that due to his style, Vegeta, if he even gets it, may master it offensively but lack defensively in contrast to Goku.

We all know it's a pipe dream though. We're speculating for the sake of speculating. It might go down like that in the manga, but the anime writers ain't taking that shine away from Goku.
  • inori
    Options
    Aye since the Androids have limitless energy cant they give Goku some of theirs similar to how Frieza did?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    inori wrote: »
    Aye since the Androids have limitless energy cant they give Goku some of theirs similar to how Frieza did?

Stamina and ki are different at least I believe it's how he meant it and they are cyborgs. Just humans who were experimented on by Gero so they still have their organs they are just enhanced.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/uaN_HIQqMmE

He wished for them to be human but the dragon said nah and instead removed the bombs out of them. I ain't eem know they had bombs in them.

lmao bruh did you skim through the show? That was a major plot point
  • inori
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    inori wrote: »

Stamina and ki are different at least I believe it's how he meant it and they are cyborgs. Just humans who were experimented on by Gero so they still have their organs they are just enhanced.

Right but they don't get tired like regular humans or aliens if I remember correctly. Either way I hope Goku stays tired so the rest of the squad can get some shine
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options

He wished for them to be human but the dragon said nah and instead removed the bombs out of them. I ain't eem know they had bombs in them.

Dayum I remember they took it out of Android 16 but I ain't even know the other two had it like that.

lmaooooo do you not remember krillin crushing the remote?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Lmao! ? in here was watching DBZ Abridged over a decade before it was even created :joy:
  • Dupac
    Options

Dayum I remember they took it out of Android 16 but I ain't even know the other two had it like that.

lmaooooo do you not remember krillin crushing the remote?

Vaguely but nah

dude had a real moment... my young ass had no idea he was gonna wife the ? ....

i was screaming at the ?

push the ? button you bald son of a ? !!!!!!!
    original.gif
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »

We aren't really saying that there are two sides to UI in the sense that its two different forms. It's just a easy way to refer to the fact that you can master UI in one way, but lack it in the other way. Some are suggesting that due to his style, Vegeta, if he even gets it, may master it offensively but lack defensively in contrast to Goku.

We all know it's a pipe dream though. We're speculating for the sake of speculating. It might go down like that in the manga, but the anime writers ain't taking that shine away from Goku.
    I get that. My point is you can’t master UI in one form and not the other. You either master UI or you don’t. When Goku first used the form, he wasn’t trying to attack Jiren, he was just walking but due to UI, his body automatically went on the offensive. When he fought Kefla he was actively thinking about his attacks but his defense was going off instinct
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Man... Dragonball FighterZ looks so muthafuckin dope. I wish they'd let Arc animate Super with Toei in that style.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_GhpZV40hsI

The Orginial Super Sayain ? , Yamoshi, according to Toriyama
  • Dupac
    Options
    The animation is pretty good these past few episodes
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options

I feel like Toriyama came up with this explanation solely because of people complaining about how strong the u6 saiyans get out of no where
    Not sure how I feel about him introducing this mechanic into the story, but hey at least it makes sense/explains a lot of stuff...still ? tho
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options

There you go so the next arc is the Saiyan arc. I been told y'all.

I feel like Toriyama came up with this explanation solely because of people complaining about how strong the u6 saiyans get out of no where
    Not sure how I feel about him introducing this mechanic into the story, but hey at least it makes sense/explains a lot of stuff...still ? tho

Nah we knew that about Goten and Trunks. The U6 saiyans are interesting tho. I'm sure we'll find out why because the S cell doesn't explain Cabba, Kale or Caulifla getting all these forms so quickly which means there's someone else cuz Caulifla is raw power.

In the full interview toriyama says the reason why goku was the 1st ss in a while bc he had a calmer personality and lived on earth in a calmer environment, which then gives credence to u6 saiyans' asspulls

Having a gentle spirit is the best way to greatly increase one's S-Cells, but most Saiyans have trouble with this, which I think is why no Super Saiyans appeared for such a long time and they became the stuff of legend. However, one can't reach the quantity necessary for becoming a Super Saiyan simply by having a gentle spirit, so a certain amount of battle power is indeed necessary. Looked at in this light, it's easy to see why becoming a Super Saiyan came easy for Goku.

but then that ? doesnt make sense bc of what they have been constantly saying about how SS comes from anger and rage
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Bruh is that legit?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    afcfmxohduya.jpeg

"How did I say you could turn into a Super saiyan again?"

btw S-Cells sounds like some midichlorian ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Yo, that ? is mad stupid. lol And how did Vegeta go Super Saiyan if a gentle heart is necessary. He had anything but that at the time.
  • CashmoneyDux
    Options
    Bruh is that legit?

yeah, theres more to the interview and the full one comes out tomorrow i think