Jay Z 4:44 has been nominated for album of the year(Grammy's)

Options
124»

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    BobOblah wrote: »
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Yeah Glover's album had mad replay value.. almost sounded like Marvin Gaye was reincarnated. Loved it

But for AOTY I see either the white girl or Bruno Mars snapping 'em

Gambino is that guy. But.....Marvin Gaye?!? Tf is goin on in here?

Anyway. Lorde>>Hov, Dot<<Bruno.

I say Bruno wins because they ? up last year with the white girl.

Oh yea.....Tribe album was not that good.

it’s better than 444 or Damn

I'd say it's a couple notches below Jay ? . And not even close to Kendrick. Even tho I think Jay got the better album, not many people can relate to Jay anymore. But they recognize his greatness. Dot ? is most relatable. Easy to listen to and follow. And he's the people's champ right now. But Bruno got them slappers. ? been everywhere for the last two years.

Bolded is the only factual statement here and irrelevant as far as quality is concerned.

That's your opinion tho. You'd be a fool to deny that in order to become the people's champ he's had to have released quality music in that time. Very relevant because it's very relative.

Not necessarily cause I've witnessed ppl be the "people's champ" without making the best music out *cough* Em/Wayne/Jeezy/Ye. Not sayin it was anything remotely close to being subpar but just being popular ain't the end all be all.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Who wouldve thought Cardi B would be nominated for a Grammy 2 years ago?

This the type of occurrence that inspires people to dream n go after it, I'm not a big fan of her music. But I can guarantee you, her come up will inspire one of the next female MCs we will see within the next 5 years. That's music though, life changing
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    m5att mane wrote: »
    Kendrick losing to jigga man
    The both of them is losing to Bruno Mars

Jay is getting a lifetime achievement award at the Grammy's that night for his contribution to music. It might be his coronation that night. He's won everything except song and album of the year.

Which song of the album got nominated "story of oj" lol
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    3 rap albums up for AOTY is unprecedented, but...

Mr.LV wrote: »
    m5att mane wrote: »
    Kendrick losing to jigga man
    The both of them is losing to Bruno Mars

they all losing to Lorde

Remember a couple years back when she made that song lowkey shittin on mainstream hip hop and ? lost their mind on here? I have a feeling some ? is gonna take place. All this Black music and one white girl we haven't heard from in years? Yeah, fuckery is definitely afoot.

Always is w the grammys. At least Em album won't qualify. Bc he get awards w/o putting music out. That ? at the euro awards was white privilege at its most visible...jeez
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah Glover's album had mad replay value.. almost sounded like Marvin Gaye was reincarnated. Loved it

Just checked it again today. hard to listen to. Love tribe as a movement. Never was a fan of the lyricism. Or lack thereof. Jarobi just didn't fit to me. Beats were always on point. Mixed very well on that album. Vocals mixed terribly. Especially Jarobi's.

Compared to Damn, which isn't lackluster in any of those categories. I'd say your fandom led you to believe tribe ? is better.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    y'all not about to even pretend like Gambino album was good. Even for a funk album

Album never left the rotation

Rebone got played multiple times over Thanksgiving break

Baby Boy... Terrified...

My son still randomly requests me to play Zombies

That's 4 songs my g

Whole album goes other than California

I could write about every track but not gonna do that in here

Aye take that back bruh!! California is ? dope
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goldlink gotta win a Grammy for the DMV
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just checked it again today. hard to listen to. Love tribe as a movement. Never was a fan of the lyricism. Or lack thereof. Jarobi just didn't fit to me. Beats were always on point. Mixed very well on that album. Vocals mixed terribly. Especially Jarobi's.

Compared to Damn, which isn't lackluster in any of those categories. I'd say your fandom led you to believe tribe ? is better.

Lol bruh I bought every Kendrick album, Jay Z is in my top 10, but the Tribe album is better IMO.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah We Got It From Here. .. Thank You 4 Your Service >>> 4:44 & DAMN. to me

Tribe should seek consolation they put in a dope live performance at the last Grammys
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Awaken My Love >>>>> DAMN > 444 >Tribe

All great projects

Tribe had tracks i like better than 444. But 444 was the better project. Tribe had a few skips
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Awaken My Love >>>>> DAMN > 444 >Tribe

All great projects

Tribe had tracks i like better than 444. But 444 was the better project. Tribe had a few skips

So we gonna act like LaLa land wasn't a horrible song? "Yall living in la la ....land!" That ? was dookey grease. 4:44 was a good ass album though.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Getting that U2 treatment....put out any album and it gets nominated...no matter how bad
  • Roster Player #99
    Options

Lol bruh I bought every Kendrick album, Jay Z is in my top 10, but the Tribe album is better IMO.

Idk what you buying albums has to do with you being a fan of someone else's music. But that's cool bro. Support the movement I guess.

MY point is, you'd have to had REALLY wanted that Tribe album to happen to be talkin it up like that. We can quantify this if you want, Tribe wouldn't come out on top. Against Hov not Dot albums.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Idk what you buying albums has to do with you being a fan of someone else's music. But that's cool bro. Support the movement I guess.

MY point is, you'd have to had REALLY wanted that Tribe album to happen to be talkin it up like that. We can quantify this if you want, Tribe wouldn't come out on top. Against Hov not Dot albums.

My point is... I’m a big fan of all 3 artists and albums, my opinion isn’t biased here as you suggested. I don’t know or particularly care what a poll would do but I think it’d be closer than you think. It was the Reasons AOTY last year. I think you’re in the minority thinking that the Tribe album was “not that good”.
  • Roster Player #99
    Options

My point is... I’m a big fan of all 3 artists and albums, my opinion isn’t biased here as you suggested. I don’t know or particularly care what a poll would do but I think it’d be closer than you think. It was the Reasons AOTY last year. I think you’re in the minority thinking that the Tribe album was “not that good”.

1. no i didn't

2. quantify =/= poll

3. thats fine.
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only thing that shocked me was Crew being nominated. I liked DAMN better than 4:44 and think it's more deserving of being nominated than to ? a butterfly was. In the end they're all respectable choices.