Record number of black Rhodes scholars announced

Options
2»

Comments

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I don't believe that 27% stat - just saying.

How could that be the truth when they also say that most Americans are 1 or 2 checks away from being ? up, or most Americans don't have any savings and all that ? .
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good ? , it's always good to see articles like this.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    Smh @jetlifebih making up garbage stats again. 90% of African-Americans ARE NOT DOING BAD! According to the Census Bureau 27% of African-American live below the poverty line. That number is the highest of all demographics and problematic but it is nowhere near 90% "doing bad". The vast majority of us are holding things down just fine and comfortable. Not a lot of billionaires but that same goes for 99.9% of the world (that's a made up stat for you). I know made up hysteria helps promote the victim agenda but it's offensive.

How many households would be below and just above? 50%?

Most african americans are working poor.
    50% of working age black folks earn less than $15 an hour

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/4446828/economic-equality-racism-fight-for-15

Cecil Rhodes turning in his grave. Props to the scholars.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Smh @jetlifebih making up garbage stats again. 90% of African-Americans ARE NOT DOING BAD! According to the Census Bureau 27% of African-American live below the poverty line. That number is the highest of all demographics and problematic but it is nowhere near 90% "doing bad". The vast majority of us are holding things down just fine and comfortable. Not a lot of billionaires but that same goes for 99.9% of the world (that's a made up stat for you). I know made up hysteria helps promote the victim agenda but it's offensive.

do you understand wealth??

They go by salary not worth...yes 27% of african Americans earn over the poverty line, no 73% of african Americans are not living beyond check to check if all of their debt was called in by the bank today.... so that mortgage you owe 100k+ on , that car, them credit cards, student loans....now your net worth is well into the negative -100k

You may live in the illusion that credit=wealth but i don’t.....
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? in a barrel syndrome. Just cause you are doing bad doesn't mean everybody else is. Step outside your tight little circle. The majority of us aren't "doing bad".
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? in a barrel syndrome. Just cause you are doing bad doesn't mean everybody else is. Step outside your tight little circle. The majority of us aren't "doing bad".
    ok....
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y’all need to take that ? back to the other thread. Let these black folk be great and salute their achievements, ? .
  • MarcusGarvey
    edited November 2017
    Options

If my people aint doing well whats the point of my success? Why should I always pay for the bill? You become prey when you the only one.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

If my people aint doing well whats the point of my success? Why should I always pay for the bill? You become prey when you the only one.

.......so don't acknowledge these ? is doing good?
  • MarcusGarvey
    edited November 2017
    Options

How many households would be below and just above? 50%?

Most african americans are working poor.
    50% of working age black folks earn less than $15 an hour

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/4446828/economic-equality-racism-fight-for-15

Cecil Rhodes turning in his grave. Props to the scholars.

@atribecalledgabi

Youre better than that - was talking about a different point - individual vs community. You can give props to these scholars AND try to uplift those that need help
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope their future wealth stays black bcuz they sure as hell ( the females) look like poster women for bed wenching. One can only wait and hope but not hold breath.