The Travel Thread

Comments

• vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like to spend New Years in a diff country but I don’t want to pay them jacked up prices

air bnb

but you got loot bruh....dont get tight with it now.

ball out on your lady

Im off to Singapore Monday so I got to ease up on the ball out
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Would like to spend New Years in a diff country but I don’t want to pay them jacked up prices

air bnb

ball out on your lady

damn bruh you bout to reach my yearly flyer miles.

how many you got?

i got a few more trips before the end of the year. I only have 85k this year.

i usually get at least 125k

but then again i kinda have the advantage.....living in one country an business in another and side chick in yet another.

lol

just jokes :#
  • vagrant-718

air bnb

ball out on your lady

damn bruh you bout to reach my yearly flyer miles.

how many you got?

i got a few more trips before the end of the year. I only have 85k this year.

i usually get at least 125k

but then again i kinda have the advantage.....living in one country an business in another and side chick in yet another.

lol

just jokes :#

This my last trip for this year unless some thing pop up for New Years
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭

For real though, traveling during that time is no joke. I'm staying local for new years.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    SimplyKrys wrote: »

For real though, traveling during that time is no joke. I'm staying local for new years.

you just have to plan early.
  • confucius_says
    confucius_says Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    I will be headed to Iceland in either Jan or Feb. Anyone ever been?
  • vagrant-718

I know u need to book ur spa at the blue lagoon asap

Also set your northern light excursion the first night. They will allow you to come back the next night if previous was unsuccessful
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thinking one of the following places for the time period after xmas but before new years

Ecuador
    Panama
    Belize
    Costa Rica

any suggestions? I dont speak spanish too well either so im looking for a spot where the language barrier aint too tough. Rollin dolo
  • confucius_says
    confucius_says Members Posts: 111 ✭✭

Also set your northern light excursion the first night. They will allow you to come back the next night if previous was unsuccessful

Yeah, the blue lagoon was on our things to do. Hope I do see the lights when I'm there. It is not a guarantee they will appear
  • vagrant-718

Yeah, the blue lagoon was on our things to do. Hope I do see the lights when I'm there. It is not a guarantee they will appear

Northern lights more likely to appear in the winter month so jan-feb is the best time to go
  • vagrant-718
    inori wrote: »
    thinking one of the following places for the time period after xmas but before new years

Ecuador
    Panama
    Belize
    Costa Rica

any suggestions? I dont speak spanish too well either so im looking for a spot where the language barrier aint too tough. Rollin dolo

I heard that they speak English in Belize. I been to Costa Rica and didn’t have a hard time with the language there
  • inori

Northern lights more likely to appear in the winter month so jan-feb is the best time to go
    on my bucket list to see the northern lights.. can't wait to see it in person

Ecuador
    Panama
    Belize
    Costa Rica

@2stepz_ahead you seem to be one of the most well travelled folks in this joint... whats good bruh
  • 2stepz_ahead

Ecuador
    Panama
    Belize
    Costa Rica

You talking about next Christmas? You kinda late homie.

If the flight don't get you...the last minute hotel might.

But most places will help you out with language if you try first...an most want to practice their english...but that's in tourist sections.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

I read Iceland and all I felt was.
    AlQqy_s-200x150.gif

Ecuador
    Panama
    Belize
    Costa Rica

My pops did that timeframe 2 years ago in Costa Rica. He was on a resort the whole time though. The rain forest was nice as hell for him.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    I was all for a trip to Iceland till I saw all the odd food they eat

Reindeer
    Whale
    Puffin
    Hotdogs

Not for me lol
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Sion wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »
    The Red Light District of Amsterdam

q5e37ynlozfc.jpg
    pxv232alse5l.jpg
    5xia8meg8l58.jpg
    t1aasnyucnrf.jpg
    o4bs4rw1dp68.jpg
    hvon5pu9gxao.jpg

Wait hold on are all those ppl lining up to go in !?

I didn't know it was like THAT out there sheesh.

What is Amsterdam or Holland like ? Is it expensive ? Is the food any good ? What was your overall thought of it ?

its cool. not really expensive... the euro makes it seem like that.

it's a nice trip.....coffee shop.....a club or two..a few excursions an tours....an a white chick makes the trip complete
  • MsSouthern
    How do y'all feel about Hawaii ??

Really considering it

Go!!!! And take me !!! lol jk ...kinda

My bestie lives on O'hau. I've been 2 times and going again in 2018. It is beautiful pretty much year round.

I can give you some local tips if you decide to go
  • caddo man
    edited December 2017

Really considering it
    Going to Hawaii was not only life changing to me.................lx2095e8kf75.gif

I never knew it was places like that in the world where it is always paradise. Not too hot, Never too cold. Hell even rainy days were good.

• inori
    caddo man wrote: »

Really considering it
    Going to Hawaii was not only life changing to me.................lx2095e8kf75.gif

I never knew it was places like that in the world where it is always paradise. Not too hot, Never too cold. Hell even rainy days were good.

What's it to get into out there?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    MsSouthern wrote: »

Really considering it

Go!!!! And take me !!! lol jk ...kin :'( da
    :'(

My bestie lives on O'hau. I've been 2 times and going again in 2018. It is beautiful pretty much year round.

I sed how it is....

You ain't ask to come on none of my trips
  • caddo man
    edited December 2017

Really considering it

For me, I ran a 8mile race out there from Wiakiki to the stadium. Then we hit the Northshore for shrimp and sight seeing. We also hiked all the mountains around from Diamondhead to KoKo Crater. WE hit damn near every strip club on the island. It was okay given I live in the ATL. WE hit the Disney resort and did 3 luaus. Two were free because of timeshares we did. I was there for a month working so. I think I did everything on Oahu almost.
  • inori

Really considering it

For me, I ran a 8mile race out there from Wiakiki to the stadium. Then we hit the Northshore for shrimp and sight seeing. We also hiked all the mountains around from Diamondhead to KoKo Crater. WE hit damn near every strip club on the island. It was okay given I live in the ATL. WE hit the Disney resort and did 3 luaus. Two were free because of timeshares we did. I was there for a month working so. I think I did everything on Oahu almost.

dope I went there years ago as a kid and was surprised how "city" it was..the parts that I saw anyway... then we went out and saw all the beautiful scenery.. id love to get back out there to see what it has to offer seeing it though "grown" eyes
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern wrote: »

Really considering it

Go!!!! And take me !!! lol jk ...kin :'( da
    :'(

I sed how it is....

You ain't ask to come on none of my trips

Nooooo
    We can travel too

My passport is always looking for more stamps

Lol
  • MsSouthern

Really considering it

Love the island

Next time also go snorkeling at Sharks Cove and at Hanauma Bay. Most beautiful places to snorkel and you are likely to swim with turtles there

Spend more time North shore .....especially LaniKai but don't boat out to Chinamans Hat. You could get stuck there because if the current ....so I've been told

I have yet to se a luau at a resort. My girl lived at the tip of Eva Beach. So we would see them practice every night at the park next door to her. Locals will tell you to skip the fake luaus lol

Hang at Sandy Beach ....Obamas fav spot. If he is there you will find him here

Eat some malasadas at Leonard's and Shave Ice at Matsumoto

And hike to see some waterfalls at Waimea Falls or Manoa Falls ....beyond beautiful

Also just a tip ...buy your souviners at the swap meet at the stadium. Super dirt cheap prices for the same things on the island. It's open on Wednesdays and Saturdays

@808HiLife808 is our local Hawaiian. He can give you lots of local style things and places to see

• 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭