buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    1. Both aren't considerd classics to everybody IC vault ain't law even tho I know some of y'all think it is

2. If NAS SAID he been in it 10 then NAS is the one discounting 94 so that would mean he not making sense about himself since he the one that said it

So again it makes sense unless you just wanna ignore things and make your own version up

1. No album in any genre is considered a classic to everybody but objective hip hop listeners can deduce that Illmatic and It Was Written are both great rap albums and I Am wasn't a bad album either, just not on the level of the previous two. But it did well commercially anyway. Even then how is it a 10 year average when the albums dropped between 94 and 99 or you could stretch to 2001 when Takeover dropped but still not close to 10 years.

2. If Jay wants to go by Nas criteria of how long he been in the game based on when he had a guest feature he should have said "you been in it 10, I been in it 15".. how you apply completely different criteria to yourself? Lmao

These the bars Jigga Warriors try to pass as "facts" clinging for desperate life to take the W. Just accept the L and move on. Take Over was a great record but Nas won the battle by popular vote.

? said desperate for a W you think I'm losing sleep over who ? on here think won a battle the rappers themselves is over??? You fools have created a damn holiday you think I care or expect to really get to you lol

No, just wondering why you're trying to say the math makes sense and it factual when you could just be like "he's exaggerating for the purpose of insult"

Where did I say anything about math I said the line made sense... If you say you been making thread's for 10 years and I think you only have made one good thread I'ma say you've made 1 good thread every 10 year avg and that's so LAAAAAMMMMEEEE.... The line makes sense the math is semantics depending on who timeline you wanna use but this is a bash Jay holiday so obviously we gonna go with the Nas version

But what about the I been in it 5 part?? The math isn't semantics. You literally can't include 1991 in the album making average because he didn't have an album in 1991.

It's ok for you to celebrate the holiday with us mane. It's not that serious I promise. You sounding like you took it to heart like you were in the Rocafella offices and everything. You gotta be able to take L's on the chin and keep it moving like Mr. Carter did.

You got all that from me discussing a line?? You ? be more overdramatic then women I can say Jay took a L all day what that gotta do with that line making sense which is all I've talked about not who won or lost?? Man nevermind I keep forgetting maturity is at a premium on the internet smh

You keep on mentioning "y'all made it into a holiday, yall made it into a holiday" hahaha you sounding tight.. It's funny as ? he dropped the song on his born day. Jay-Z is the most respected rapper alive by mainstream audience, Nas is viewed by many in the hip hop community as a people's champion who represented more of the pure aspect of hip hop so yes people were happy the underdog got the win and the fashion it went down. Why y'all let it get under your skin so much is beyond me
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    1. Both aren't considerd classics to everybody IC vault ain't law even tho I know some of y'all think it is

2. If NAS SAID he been in it 10 then NAS is the one discounting 94 so that would mean he not making sense about himself since he the one that said it

So again it makes sense unless you just wanna ignore things and make your own version up

1. No album in any genre is considered a classic to everybody but objective hip hop listeners can deduce that Illmatic and It Was Written are both great rap albums and I Am wasn't a bad album either, just not on the level of the previous two. But it did well commercially anyway. Even then how is it a 10 year average when the albums dropped between 94 and 99 or you could stretch to 2001 when Takeover dropped but still not close to 10 years.

2. If Jay wants to go by Nas criteria of how long he been in the game based on when he had a guest feature he should have said "you been in it 10, I been in it 15".. how you apply completely different criteria to yourself? Lmao

These the bars Jigga Warriors try to pass as "facts" clinging for desperate life to take the W. Just accept the L and move on. Take Over was a great record but Nas won the battle by popular vote.

? said desperate for a W you think I'm losing sleep over who ? on here think won a battle the rappers themselves is over??? You fools have created a damn holiday you think I care or expect to really get to you lol

No, just wondering why you're trying to say the math makes sense and it factual when you could just be like "he's exaggerating for the purpose of insult"

Where did I say anything about math I said the line made sense... If you say you been making thread's for 10 years and I think you only have made one good thread I'ma say you've made 1 good thread every 10 year avg and that's so LAAAAAMMMMEEEE.... The line makes sense the math is semantics depending on who timeline you wanna use but this is a bash Jay holiday so obviously we gonna go with the Nas version

But what about the I been in it 5 part?? The math isn't semantics. You literally can't include 1991 in the album making average because he didn't have an album in 1991.

It's ok for you to celebrate the holiday with us mane. It's not that serious I promise. You sounding like you took it to heart like you were in the Rocafella offices and everything. You gotta be able to take L's on the chin and keep it moving like Mr. Carter did.

You got all that from me discussing a line?? You ? be more overdramatic then women I can say Jay took a L all day what that gotta do with that line making sense which is all I've talked about not who won or lost?? Man nevermind I keep forgetting maturity is at a premium on the internet smh

You keep on mentioning "y'all made it into a holiday, yall made it into a holiday" hahaha you sounding tight.. It's funny as ? he dropped the song on his born day. Jay-Z is the most respected rapper alive by mainstream audience, Nas is viewed by many in the hip hop community as a people's champion who represented more of the pure aspect of hip hop so yes people were happy the underdog got the win and the fashion it went down. Why y'all let it get under your skin so much is beyond me

Why y'all so invested is beyond me as well you ? celebrating like you were in the studio writing the raps or cleaning the ? Braveheart chain if you still celebrating this damn near 20 years later you literally probably have no life which is ok but at least pretend like your life is worth more then that lol
  • buttuh_b

Why y'all so invested is beyond me as well you ? celebrating like you were in the studio writing the raps or cleaning the ? Braveheart chain if you still celebrating this damn near 20 years later you literally probably have no life which is ok but at least pretend like your life is worth more then that lol

False my life easily more popping than yours and I ? badder ? than you do. It's not much of an investment to post on a hip hop forum to pass the day at work. I explained to you why it's fun, now you explain your investment of defending Jay every thread you go including the one we're currently in
  • GetoBoy
    edited December 2017

False my life easily more popping than yours and I ? badder ? than you do. It's not much of an investment to post on a hip hop forum to pass the day at work. I explained to you why it's fun, now you explain your investment of defending Jay every thread you go including the one we're currently in

Becuz it's fun watching y'all get y'all panties in a bunch when ppl don't join in your ? jay z parties and please your post habits show the last thing you doing is ? bad ? or working at a job then again the burgers not gonna flip themselves so maybe you do.... But I'm out man enjoy your holiday I know how the way your life is set up you look forward to this day all year gone head a cook
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    And this ? get heated when you refer to him as a Jigga Warrior....

You can't run or hide from that label my ?
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ? that makes your soul burn slow.
  • GetoBoy
    edited December 2017
    I don't know why I expected any different I be just thinking maybe ? can have actually dialogue without any of the corny name calling for reactions but I lose sight of where I'm at sometimes I make a case that one line makes sense and now that's turned into the normal lame ? overdramatics of you a jigga warrior that's mad and you defending him... I said ONE line makes sense and ppl wanna make it a big deal like I said Jay won and killed Nas this why I stopped posting in here as much this ? has gone the way of kiddy Twitter smh
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why I expected any different I be just thinking maybe ? can have actually dialogue without any of the corny name calling for reactions but I lose sight of where I'm at sometimes I make a case that one line makes sense and now that's turned into the normal lame ? overdramatics of you a jigga warrior that's mad and you defending him... I said ONE line makes sense and ppl wanna make it a big deal like I said Jay won and killed Nas this why I stopped posting in here as much this ? has gone the way of kiddy Twitter smh

So you think, "one hot album every 10 year average" makes sense?
  • GetoBoy
    edited December 2017
    5 Grand wrote: »

In the real world yes becuz the real world ain't the IC ? wasn't out ? with Nas albums like that between illmatic and stillmatic the hip hop heads were I mean off the strength of illmatic it was written sold well but ppl was critical of it when it first dropped ? wasn't calling it hot or a classic at that time so if Nas said he been in it 10 and alot of ppl believe he only had one hot album in all 10 of those years that makes the line "one hot album in 10 year avg" make all the sense in the world only reason you think it don't is becuz you think he got more hot albums but for alot of ppl he don't during that time so it makes sense
  • 5 Grand

In the real world yes becuz the real world ain't the IC ? wasn't out ? with Nas albums like that between illmatic and stillmatic the hip hop heads were I mean off the strength of illmatic it was written sold well but ppl was critical of it when it first dropped ? wasn't calling it hot or a classic at that time so if Nas said he been in it 10 and alot of ppl believe he only had one hot album in all 10 of those years that makes the line "one hot album in 10 year avg" make all the sense in the world only reason you think it don't is becuz you think he got more hot albums but for alot of ppl he don't during that time so it makes sense

Illmatic - 1994
    It Was Written - 1996
    I Am - 1999
    Nastradamus - 1999

^^^ How does that average out to "4 albums in 10 years"?

• GetoBoy
    edited December 2017

Illmatic - 1994
    It Was Written - 1996
    I Am - 1999
    Nastradamus - 1999

You really not gonna act this dense are you??? The song says "YOU said you been in it 10"... That means he saying Nas himself said he been in it 10 so he going by Nas timeline to his own career which would mean Nas not counting 94 as his start he counting 91 as his start so from 91 to 01 Nas had 4 albums in 10 years smh
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone remember when it first came on the radio?

your reaction?

@Busta Carmichael I remember when I had Ether for the first time. This was around the time that I was learning how to drive. My neighbor used to talk to my older sister at the time. He used to pick me up to teach me how to drive. My neighbor said "you heard that new Jay-Z diss by Nas?" I said "nah I haven't heard it yet". After I heard it, I was like Jim Ross

b5x700227ql3.jpg

"My Gawd Almighty, somebody get the EMTs out here!!!!!"
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    T. Sanford wrote: »

your reaction?

@Busta Carmichael I remember when I had Ether for the first time. This was around the time that I was learning how to drive. My neighbor used to talk to my older sister at the time. He used to pick me up to teach me how to drive. My neighbor said "you heard that new Jay-Z diss by Nas?" I said "nah I haven't heard it yet". After I heard it, I was like Jim Ross

b5x700227ql3.jpg

Lmaoo man I wish I was paying attention to the beef back then. It was strictly bone thugs and westcoast music for me back then.

Didn't hear ether or takeover until like 03
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T. Sanford wrote: »

your reaction?

b5x700227ql3.jpg

Lmaoo man I wish I was paying attention to the beef back then. It was strictly bone thugs and westcoast music for me back then.

Didn't hear ether or takeover until like 03

I was all into those diss records fam back then especially the Beans vs Jadakiss battle (the best battle in history). I forgot how I heard Takeover, I think my sister had the blueprint album. When I heard it tho, I though it was over for Nas.
  • buttuh_b

Becuz it's fun watching y'all get y'all panties in a bunch when ppl don't join in your ? jay z parties and please your post habits show the last thing you doing is ? bad ? or working at a job then again the burgers not gonna flip themselves so maybe you do.... But I'm out man enjoy your holiday I know how the way your life is set up you look forward to this day all year gone head a cook

Yea ok
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

it's a hot line even if it doesn't make sense.
  • 5 Grand

Illmatic - 1994
    It Was Written - 1996
    I Am - 1999
    Nastradamus - 1999

You really not gonna act this dense are you??? The song says "YOU said you been in it 10"... That means he saying Nas himself said he been in it 10 so he going by Nas timeline to his own career which would mean Nas not counting 94 as his start he counting 91 as his start so from 91 to 01 Nas had 4 albums in 10 years smh

If Nas said, "I've been in the game for 10 years" that has no relevance on how many albums he's released.

Being in the game for 10 years doesn't effect how many albums he's released or the span of time in which those albums were released.

• GetoBoy
    edited December 2017

Illmatic - 1994
    It Was Written - 1996
    I Am - 1999
    Nastradamus - 1999

If Nas said, "I've been in the game for 10 years" that has no relevance on how many albums he's released.

Being in the game for 10 years doesn't effect how many albums he's released or the span of time in which those albums were released

Man either you playing dumb or you really are slow Nas said he been in it 10 Jay said you only dropped 4 albums in those 10 years ? how is that this difficult to you he not just counting the span between albums starting with his first album he saying in all your 10 years you dropped 4 albums and only one was hot..... gawd this can't be life ? trying his hardest to make the most simple thing brain surgery.... Nas been in it 10 and dropped 4 albums according to NAS HIMSELF smmfh
  • buttuh_b

Illmatic - 1994
    It Was Written - 1996
    I Am - 1999
    Nastradamus - 1999

Being in the game for 10 years doesn't effect how many albums he's released or the span of time in which those albums were released

Man either you playing dumb or you really are slow Nas said he been in it 10 Jay said you only dropped 4 albums in those 10 years ? how is that this difficult to you he not just counting the span between albums starting with his first album he saying in all your 10 years you dropped 4 albums and only one was hot..... gawd this can't be life ? trying his hardest to make the most simple thing brain surgery.... Nas been in it 10 and dropped 4 albums according to NAS HIMSELF smmfh

Might as well count his whole life if you gonna count any arbitrary number and not when he started releasing albums. That's a one hot album every 27 year average
  • jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    lmao @ folks tryna debate if nas really had a 1 hot album every 10 year average.

bruh dropped his debut in 94, takeover was 01. He was only out for 7 years at that point but it's a dope line

Facts.

Lmao at folks debating Jay been in the game for only 5 years when actually he's been in the game for over 10 years at that time. "With Hawaiian Sophie fame, kept my name in his music" Anyone that says Jays spit more facts is talking out of their ass. But like you said Takeover definitely had some dope lines still.
  • GetoBoy

Illmatic - 1994
    It Was Written - 1996
    I Am - 1999
    Nastradamus - 1999

Might as well count his whole life if you gonna count any arbitrary number and not when he started releasing albums. That's a one hot album every 27 year average

He's using the number Nas gave he ain't just pull the number outta thin air and use it but aight man clearly common sense ain't too common since something this simple y'all having a hard time with
  • buttuh_b

Illmatic - 1994
    It Was Written - 1996
    I Am - 1999
    Nastradamus - 1999

He's using the number Nas gave he ain't just pull the number outta thin air and use it but aight man clearly common sense ain't too common since something this simple y'all having a hard time with

Nas never said he had been making albums for 10 years ?
  • GetoBoy
    edited December 2017

Illmatic - 1994
    It Was Written - 1996
    I Am - 1999
    Nastradamus - 1999

? Jay didn't say that either idiot he said you been in it 10 not you been making albums for 10 smmfh again I'm seeing common sense ain't too common especially with your ?
  • buttuh_b

Illmatic - 1994
    It Was Written - 1996
    I Am - 1999
    Nastradamus - 1999

? Jay didn't say that either idiot he said you been in it 10 not you been making albums for 10 smmfh again I'm seeing common sense ain't too common especially with your ?

He said "ehhh I can divide.. that's a one hot album every 10 year average" and you remedial Jigga Math resource room graduates lost your minds