The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Comments

• HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And just give the gottdamn Batman a proper cowl for once...with the white eyes n ? . If low budget broke azz Deadpool can do it, they could do it for Bats aswell...
  • HundredEyes
    ? it I dont even wanna see Bruce, just get a random atlete and have kevin conroy do a voiceover hahahaah
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    what about Jon Hamm for Batmayne ???
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that Marvel Studios is maximizing I'd like to see the DCEU minimalize quite a bit. Keep it simpler. Don't go too hard on epics.

One advantage DC always had over Marvel in the comics is they don't have to be event conscious. Unlike say Cap or Iron Man the trinity, Flash, Aquaman and Green Lantern ALL have a shitload classic solo stories from the 60s to today especially. Reflect that in focusing on their stand alones and fall back from the team ups for a few years.

Also no more dual villains. Develop one at a time. That ? has plagued Batman movies for example since Batman Returns. Even in his last movie he faced Superman, Doomsday and Lex. Enough already. That ? is played. The original worked best cause nobody hogged Joker's spotlight. Just him and Bats mano a mano like The Joker says. Take it back.
  • HundredEyes
    fortyacres wrote: »

Lol nah, best to go with some young ? . Dont know who....? might be best to cast an unknown/upcoming young actor imo. Someone who rocks the cowl untill he has the same age as Hamm is now.

We might get jefrey dean morgan as pops batman aka alcoholic no ? given bats in flashpoint though...
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    fortyacres wrote: »

Lol nah, best to go with some young ? . Dont know who....? might be best to cast an unknown/upcoming young actor imo. Someone who rocks the cowl untill he has the same age as Hamm is now.

We might get jefrey dean morgan as pops batman aka alcoholic no ? given bats in flashpoint though...

Mayne let Don Draper be great !!!

d69d3d57aefcf838175896d0e318019f.jpg
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redo The Riddler and Mr. Freeze in the next 2 Batman solos. Then only bring back dual villains for a 3rd one if it's a noirish mystery that uses a gangwar between The Penguin and The Ventriloquist as the backdrop.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Probably gonna be a while before we see a Batman film.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont think so. Reeves Batman is scheduled for 2019. Still plenty of time for him to find his replacement and DC/WB to come up with a solid plan for Post Snyder DCEU.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

I dont think so. Reeves Batman is scheduled for 2019. Still plenty of time for him to find his replacement and DC/WB to come up with a solid plan for Post Snyder DCEU.

Just because they have a director don't mean anything. Batman Triumphant had a director and that was canned. Batgirl probably won't get done and GCS probably won't either. WB is in a state of panic after the justice league backlash. Expect a lot of changes to the movie lineup still to come.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think GCS is happening at all either. Doubt Batgirl will be happening now that Affleck is leaving for sure. Maybe once they establish the new Batman, but definitely not bringing her in any time soon.

Margot Robbie did an interview a few weeks ago saying she was Reprising Harley Quinn in a movie in 2018. Sounded like it was going to be a solo harley movie, but that was all before Justice League was released.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    Redo The Riddler and Mr. Freeze in the next 2 Batman solos. Then only bring back dual villains for a 3rd one if it's a noirish mystery that uses a gangwar between The Penguin and The Ventriloquist as the backdrop.

I always thought it be dope for a trilogy on the Court of Owls with some Redhood and Joker drama involved. Introdue Bruce getting told the nursery rhyme as a kid by his dad or mom and in present day have mysterious murders mentioned every now and then. While that's happening have Redhood cause ? for mobsters and underground ? while slowly introducing more lore of the Court
    Have Bruce start to take notice and dig deeper into it and during the second movie introduce Talon. Finish the third with him and Nightwing taking on the Court head on.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many Batman movies.

So little of everything else.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That means that Coco, Pixar’s latest, will have a second weekend to lead the pack, as Justice League continues its downward spiral. This began yesterday when Coco brought in $6.2 million to arrive at the top spot, right above Justice League with $4.5 million, bringing its domestic take to $183.3 million. The latest DC catastrophe has been doing much better overseas, where it has a cumulative take of some $311 million, but even with a combined global box office that will pass $500 million over the weekend, it’s not entirely clear if it will make back its money, let alone make a profit. Indeed, some estimates now have the entire film and its marketing costs coming in at north of $600 million, a number that should make any reasonable person sit down and weep for the world.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    That means that Coco, Pixar’s latest, will have a second weekend to lead the pack, as Justice League continues its downward spiral. This began yesterday when Coco brought in $6.2 million to arrive at the top spot, right above Justice League with $4.5 million, bringing its domestic take to $183.3 million. The latest DC catastrophe has been doing much better overseas, where it has a cumulative take of some $311 million, but even with a combined global box office that will pass $500 million over the weekend, it’s not entirely clear if it will make back its money, let alone make a profit. Indeed, some estimates now have the entire film and its marketing costs coming in at north of $600 million, a number that should make any reasonable person sit down and weep for the world.

Domestic is at $202,465,371 and foreign is $371,800,000..arent you the ? that said it wouldnt pass 200 mill or was that someone else???
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    farris2k1 wrote: »

Domestic is at $202,465,371 and foreign is $371,800,000..arent you the ? that said it wouldnt pass 200 mill or was that someone else???

nope wasn't me but ? its gotta catch up to 600 million smh
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    farris2k1 wrote: »

nope wasn't me but ? its gotta catch up to 600 million smh

Oh ok my mistake then lol itll make $600 mill its damn near there already
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot justice measure was out
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually thought Gyllenhaal was older than that. Dude has 2 years on me. I never want to see an early 20s JL. It will look like cosplayers not grown superheroes. Wasn't that what people were complaining about with Dr. Miller's Justice League Mortal?

yeah they were all young, except Common.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually thought Gyllenhaal was older than that. Dude has 2 years on me. I never want to see an early 20s JL. It will look like cosplayers not grown superheroes. Wasn't that what people were complaining about with Dr. Miller's Justice League Mortal?

yeah they were all young, except Common.

I really want a black GL but thank ? man. His monotone ass would have been the poison pill for this dceu.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    THE ORIGINAL DARKSEID ENDING

The rumored outline for Snyder’s version was recently restated by director Kevin Smith, who praised the original Darkseid ending for capitalizing on what is actually teased in the film itself. And for the DC fans left confused by several Steppenwolf-centric scenes and subplots that made it into Justice League, it would have been an ending that left them satisfied… instead of confused.

His mission, as stated in the film, is to recover the Boxes, conquer Earth as he intended, and only then join the ranks of the New Gods, putting an end to his exile from Apokolips and Darkseid. Which all leads to the original ending, when Superman returns from the dead to defeat Steppenwolf with the rest of the League….

At which point Steppenwolf is forced to retreat yet again, and return to Apokolips with his tail between his legs. Darkseid, twice displeased, kills his general and pledges to meet this “Kryptonian” himself.

Why the ? was that scene deleted? Thats Infinity War type of hype, maybe more so. Smh

Some heads in Warner didnt want that movie to succeed imo. You just dont delete Darkseid scene especially when the Marvel fans have seen and heard Thanos for years!
    And that goes for a lot of deleted scene. Either there are some people who nee to be drug tested or they are on A BLUE RAY COMPLETE VERSION STRATEGY.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Just pay Christopher Nolan a shitload of money to reboot the dceu.

He's not interested. They already tried that years ago and quite frankly a reason they ? up with the shared universe was stubbornly trying to chase the tone of his Batman trilogy thinking that was the answer. A tone that does not fit the DCU collectively at all and didn't really work for Superman.

The only tone people have ever seen Superman in is what Captain America was showed in The First Avenger. Nothing wrong with change. Nothing wrong with the current version of Superman, it's my favorite, tyre studios just ruin the films. If Nolan can turn Batman into gold, he definitely could have handled the rest of the dc universe.

Man of Steel is my favorite Superman movie by far.

We need a poll imo. MOS is CLASSIC FOR ME.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    The "finally, the real superman" crowd is just unbelievably stubborn in what they think is the essential core of Superman. They think bright red and blue colors, smiling, and the World War propoganda version of 1940's American ideals is what makes him him.

But anyone willing to have an honest conversation knows that Superman has had a ton of uniform changes, so the bright red and blue thing is ? . And the "Big blue cheese" nickname is in reference to him having a perpetual smile on his face. Bit most importantly, that America has never been a wholesome nation. It has a nasty underbelly and a propensity to ? up, even as a leading nation when it comes to human rights. That's the "hope" theme that Man of Steel nailed.

But no... Cavil wasn't a spot on remake of their ? Christopher Reeves infused childhood so they ? and ? until WB caved.

Co ? sign to the fullest. These nerd idiotds had a heart attack when he snapped zods neck. Zod forced his hand its not like he wanted to do it. Also ? with he's finally superman. I watched man of steel last week and he was superman from the jump. I don't even compare man of steel to the donner films because they are a whole generation apart. Like I said he already was superman before he even wore the uniform. Through out the film he did what superman does ,saving lives. Example the oil rig scene, saving that soldier during the fight with the kryptonians freeing a daily planet employee from the debris during the tera forming. He also stood up for that waitress I'm that nar he worked at.
    Then the idiots ? about collateral damage of the battle with zod. Did these idiots miss the part wear the earth was being spit roasted by a ship and a big ass terra forming machine? Wtf did you think was gonna happen you ? idiots?!?! Mos was a different take on superman just like one shots tpb stories can be non canon and defy continuity like all star superman or red son for example. Man of steel wasn't just a super hero flick it was a genre take on superman. It was like a superman combined with the day the earth stood still. What a lot of people don't realize is that Donner's original take on superman 2 was meant to be dark also as I've witness in the directors cut but he got removed from the project and it was result to be light hearted . history repeats itself.

Nolan 'Batman
    MOS
    BVS

ARE IMO FOR GROWN UPS. Not youngsters and teenagers even if these are our childhood characters. These movies was an attempt to make dad and mom say' kid you stay with ganddad tonight we are going to watch a grown ups movie.

These movies are political. These movies are philosphical. Wether its Batman, the Joker, Zod, Superman , Harvey Dent, Bane, Lex Luthor, you cant say who is 100 % right or wrong.

What is magic to me is that Superman who came from the sky, who flies to space, IS MORE DOWN TO EARTH THAN BATMAN. He even recognized it in JL.

Once again you will be disapointed by these movies IF YOU GO WATCHING THEM IN YOUR CHILD MENTAL STATE. reserve that approach to Transformers and in some ways MARVEL.

As far as im concerned i want DC to be DARK, HUMAN AND DOWN TO EARTH. Even if the wear bat costumes and come from Krypton

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was The Flash supposed to have a mild form of autism?