Big Sean & Metro Boomin Announce Joint Album "Double Or Nothing"

Options

Comments

•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I almost wana listen to this ? to see if it's as bad as ppl making it....even tho there's no way I can objective about it now lmao

It's some big sean stans at my job booooy I can't wait to go into work Monday and ask em if this they mans

give it an honest listen.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listened to the project last night and wow lol. Some parts are corny as ? . Other parts aren't as corny cause the beat covers them up but if you actually see the lyrics it looks atrocious. Here and there he has a few decent bars.

The interesting thing is how much people are going in on sean on social media. Homie had some corny ass lines on Finally famous and Hall of Fame but people made fun of those moments but not as hard as this tape lmao.

•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listened to the project last night and wow lol. Some parts are corny as ? . Other parts aren't as corny cause the beat covers them up but if you actually see the lyrics it looks atrocious. Here and there he has a few decent bars.

The interesting thing is how much people are going in on sean on social media. Homie had some corny ass lines on Finally famous and Hall of Fame but people made fun of those moments but not as hard as this tape lmao.

You see how the mob mentality works in full display on social media. Once the ball gets rolling, people put ? under the microscope all for the sake of the jokes and retweets.

The thing here is that the album is actually pretty bad.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

You see how the mob mentality works in full display on social media. Once the ball gets rolling, people put ? under the microscope all for the sake of the jokes and retweets.

I think 2 factors led to this

1. The surprise hype by metro and sean (and even lebron bobbing his head to the joints)
    2. Big Sean wanting to be in the discussion with the top lyrical rappers of his era

Twitter doesn't go in on future or 21 savage lyric by lyric because they don't claim to want to be up there with cole and kendrick. And on top of all that this album had the surprise week strategy that is popping in hip hop now where you randomly hype and announce a project coming within the next week.

These 2 factors and the horribly placed metaphors by sean lead the the segment of lyrical rap twitter to go in.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those beats ain't saving big sean corny ass lyrics no more
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wtf is this Gucci Gang I keep seeing pop up in tweets and comments?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    ? is mad hypocritical for going in on sean then going back to listen to a ? say gucci gang infinite amount of times

these aren't the same ? most times. Sure some ? are cracking jokes on sean and love gucci gang. but the majority of the people going in and actually breaking down sean lyrics are the young kids and 20 somethings into the lyrical rap. these are the same ? who go see cole and kendrick in concert and like Q and soul-o.

what people don't realize is the 18-25 age range has different segments. While some of the kids like mumble rap many of these kids don't ? with the mumble rap and get into the lyrical ? . That's why kendrick and cole go plat and the lil pumps and yachtys can't sell 100K first week.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I Decided was forgettable but it wasn't super corny that I remember. Only heard it once and never came back to it

But yeah ? treating Sean lyrics like he need to be taken out back and put down like Old Yeller.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I almost wana listen to this ? to see if it's as bad as ppl making it....even tho there's no way I can objective about it now lmao

It's some big sean stans at my job booooy I can't wait to go into work Monday and ask em if this they mans

I feel the same way, but I think ima pass on this joint. Hiphopdx gave it a 2.5 or some ? n seems like it's getting a -3.5 on here. I'll wait for the next one
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    lol at the fake hate on twitter. Most of the hate is coming from people who never even liked him or Kendrick stans. Just look at the twitter posters y'all posted and look at their old tweet on Sean. They never even liked him to began it.

Outside of the trolling hate album is actually getting love now.
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i like the project, home team bias and all.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No plans on listening but from the reaction...this is the dude ppl championed as making music as good as kendrick when his last album came out?

Ive been saying dudes mediocre as ? ...whats this 1 decenr album out of 4 or 5?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ? wit sean..

but im out here gettin ? and money so go figure. :shrug
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options

1. The surprise hype by metro and sean (and even lebron bobbing his head to the joints)
    2. Big Sean wanting to be in the discussion with the top lyrical rappers of his era

Twitter doesn't go in on future or 21 savage lyric by lyric because they don't claim to want to be up there with cole and kendrick. And on top of all that this album had the surprise week strategy that is popping in hip hop now where you randomly hype and announce a project coming within the next week.

These 2 factors and the horribly placed metaphors by sean lead the the segment of lyrical rap twitter to go in.

kendick and cole got wack lines too...so does every other top mc...its hard to make an album with every bar hittin

sean got more corny lines than others but he also got some gems too...dude can write songs, got a nice ear for beats, and makes enjoyable music...essentially a younger, more lyrical ross
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    i ? wit sean..

Has nothing to do with the quality of Sean's raps. There is no correlation. He doesn't belong in the discussion for top tier lyricists anymore. He's falling off like a bad batch of dope.

Ross seems like he would be more fitting soundtrack anyway. He's not corny with his bars and his production is perfectly suited for that "get money, ? ? " ? .

Rather You Than Me >>>>>>>> Sean's entire album history.
  • 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options

kendick and cole got wack lines too...so does every other top mc...its hard to make an album with every bar hittin

sean got more corny lines than others but he also got some gems too...dude can write songs, got a nice ear for beats, and makes enjoyable music...essentially a younger, more lyrical ross

I get that...7, 8 years ago he got gassed up here like hell...never quite lived up to it tho

hes still solid and pretty much cosigned by everybody tho...theres a reason why jus about everybody in the industry respects him and thats because dude can REALLY rap when he wants too...
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ALWAYS THOUGHT THIS CAT WAS A SOULJA BOY TELL 'EM/FAB HYBRID GONE WRONG.

DUDE STAY RAPPING ABOUT HIS CELLPHONE & TEXTING ETIQUETTE TOO.

REALLY...? THIS DUDE. I MEAN THAT FROM THE HEART.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    i ? wit sean..

Anyone who makes a statement like that on the internet obviously aint getting paid and aint getting ?
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Gucci gang song mumble rap?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

I agree 100% hence why i have seen big sean live 3 times since his rise and ? with the last 2 studio albums. Deep and Sunday morning Jetpack are great examples of sean picking a good beat and spitting real ? . But this ? is horrible. Not even cole or Kendrick have racked up this many ? corny bars in one project.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »
    That Gucci gang song mumble rap?

Right. I wanna know. I'm waiting for someone to post it so I can purposely ignore it lol
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What does @Bossexcellence think about this?