The Travel Thread

1656667686971»

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    irosymfpirom.jpg

Not sure who you are...but when I stop thru...we running the fade then getting spam and miracle whip sandwiches
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »
    inori wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    How do y'all feel about Hawaii ??

Really considering it
    Going to Hawaii was not only life changing to me.................lx2095e8kf75.gif

I never knew it was places like that in the world where it is always paradise. Not too hot, Never too cold. Hell even rainy days were good.

What's it to get into out there?

For me, I ran a 8mile race out there from Wiakiki to the stadium. Then we hit the Northshore for shrimp and sight seeing. We also hiked all the mountains around from Diamondhead to KoKo Crater. WE hit damn near every strip club on the island. It was okay given I live in the ATL. WE hit the Disney resort and did 3 luaus. Two were free because of timeshares we did. I was there for a month working so. I think I did everything on Oahu almost.

Love the island

Next time also go snorkeling at Sharks Cove and at Hanauma Bay. Most beautiful places to snorkel and you are likely to swim with turtles there

Spend more time North shore .....especially LaniKai but don't boat out to Chinamans Hat. You could get stuck there because if the current ....so I've been told

I have yet to se a luau at a resort. My girl lived at the tip of Eva Beach. So we would see them practice every night at the park next door to her. Locals will tell you to skip the fake luaus lol

Hang at Sandy Beach ....Obamas fav spot. If he is there you will find him here

Eat some malasadas at Leonard's and Shave Ice at Matsumoto

And hike to see some waterfalls at Waimea Falls or Manoa Falls ....beyond beautiful

Also just a tip ...buy your souviners at the swap meet at the stadium. Super dirt cheap prices for the same things on the island. It's open on Wednesdays and Saturdays

@808HiLife808 is our local Hawaiian. He can give you lots of local style things and places to see

Pretty much..

hanauma is cool, and youll prob see a turtle, but the moment one shows up its gonna be 47 people swarming it.

Lanikai is on the east side, and it gets crowded af now because its on all those travel destination things. You caaan go to China mans hat or even the mokus off kailua, but yea the currents can get sketchy.

Lol @ the luaus

Sandys..gotta be careful. Super easy to end up getting stretchered out of there lol. That shore break can be no joke.

Those falls are cool, and pretty easy to get to without really getting ? . There are other nicer ones tho.

You can get some decent shave ice in town without having to go up north shore for matsumotos.

Yup @ swap meet. ? , even walmart lol
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    irosymfpirom.jpg

Not sure who you are...but when I stop thru...we running the fade then getting spam and miracle whip sandwiches

ua makaukau

hawaii.gif?w=640
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Singapore. Can cap everything in 2 days max. Somethings are on the expensive side but I would move here if I did leave the US

Didn’t see too many temples like these
    23rqv51.jpg

Got to take off shoes to enter...smh
    6ymlvp.jpg

Botanical garden is free but orchard exhibit is not
    33llf2w.jpg

Garden by the bay spot definitely look better in evening
    s31s1g.jpg

Singapore flyer...their version of London Eye
    bi0xtj.jpg

Admission to ride wheel on the expensive side. I almost passed
    29fxsoh.jpg

Marina bay sands and a science museum
    nmkwoi.jpg

Gardens by the bay got 2 dome. Flower dome is a skippable. Cloud forest dome is dope
    23hkp6u.jpg

Waterfall in Cloud forest dome
    2nlzh8p.jpg

Treetop walk
    ej8t5l.jpg

Singapore flyer wheel at night
    jaduaa.jpg

Supertree grove + Marina Bay Sands
    2d9pkt0.jpg

Marina Bay Sands; wanted to book 1 night here but no vacancy
    jif2np.jpg

35i2lu9.jpg

Night skyline
    ac7wq8.jpg

1198nep.jpg

11gr1xx.jpg

Next up...Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Singapore looks lovely, I want to go now.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Singapore. Can cap everything in 2 days max. Somethings are on the expensive side but I would move here if I did leave the US

Didn’t see too many temples like these
    23rqv51.jpg

Got to take off shoes to enter...smh
    6ymlvp.jpg

Botanical garden is free but orchard exhibit is not
    33llf2w.jpg

Garden by the bay spot definitely look better in evening
    s31s1g.jpg

Singapore flyer...their version of London Eye
    bi0xtj.jpg

Admission to ride wheel on the expensive side. I almost passed
    29fxsoh.jpg

Marina bay sands and a science museum
    nmkwoi.jpg

Gardens by the bay got 2 dome. Flower dome is a skippable. Cloud forest dome is dope
    23hkp6u.jpg

Waterfall in Cloud forest dome
    2nlzh8p.jpg

Treetop walk
    ej8t5l.jpg

Singapore flyer wheel at night
    jaduaa.jpg

Supertree grove + Marina Bay Sands
    2d9pkt0.jpg

Marina Bay Sands; wanted to book 1 night here but no vacancy
    jif2np.jpg

35i2lu9.jpg

Night skyline
    ac7wq8.jpg

1198nep.jpg

11gr1xx.jpg

Next up...Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I'm already planning on either Singapore or San Diego as our next move
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9jucywgpmbd9.jpg
    vtoqwcautko3.jpg
    zjzifc4ji0nk.jpg
    r20ks7k7c1i8.jpg
    8vkj3bogdawl.jpg

Florence, Italy I could flood this thread but I wont. I took alot of pics.

Florence had some of the worst customer service. Them mfer have no customer service skills. The panhandlers were horrible. I hate to say it......................there were our African brothers. They made it damn near unbearable. Would I ever go back? Let me see how Milan is rocking with the fashion. Cause Florence had some awesome men boutiques.

Next time we go to Italy. It will be Milan and Venice.

What about Rome though?
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9jucywgpmbd9.jpg
    vtoqwcautko3.jpg
    zjzifc4ji0nk.jpg
    r20ks7k7c1i8.jpg
    8vkj3bogdawl.jpg

Florence, Italy I could flood this thread but I wont. I took alot of pics.

Florence had some of the worst customer service. Them mfer have no customer service skills. The panhandlers were horrible. I hate to say it......................there were our African brothers. They made it damn near unbearable. Would I ever go back? Let me see how Milan is rocking with the fashion. Cause Florence had some awesome men boutiques.

Next time we go to Italy. It will be Milan and Venice.

What about Rome though?

Rome was dope I will have to drop some pics.
  • confucius_says
    confucius_says Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    I was all for a trip to Iceland till I saw all the odd food they eat

Reindeer
    Whale
    Puffin
    Hotdogs

Not for me lol

I would try that food. I haven't looked into what they eat yet.
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thinking one of the following places for the time period after xmas but before new years

Ecuador
    Panama
    Belize
    Costa Rica

any suggestions? I dont speak spanish too well either so im looking for a spot where the language barrier aint too tough. Rollin dolo

You talking about next Christmas? You kinda late homie.

If the flight don't get you...the last minute hotel might.

But most places will help you out with language if you try first...an most want to practice their english...but that's in tourist sections.

Think ima go ahead and try Panama out.. any of yall ever been? Suggestions for things to do aside from seeing the canal?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    thinking one of the following places for the time period after xmas but before new years

Ecuador
    Panama
    Belize
    Costa Rica

any suggestions? I dont speak spanish too well either so im looking for a spot where the language barrier aint too tough. Rollin dolo

You talking about next Christmas? You kinda late homie.

If the flight don't get you...the last minute hotel might.

But most places will help you out with language if you try first...an most want to practice their english...but that's in tourist sections.

Think ima go ahead and try Panama out.. any of yall ever been? Suggestions for things to do aside from seeing the canal?

never been to panama...but i want to go...i getting to ? busy.....i need to chill again
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Pics from Kuala Lumpur.

The conversion rate is good so you can get a 4-5 star hotel for cheap. Only paid $54/night for my 4-Star hotel.

Getting around not as easy. It’s like they build the roads first and the sidewalks were afterthoughts.

mmc22x.jpg

mcu3df.jpg

2r4oj80.jpg

ftog1z.jpg

30dar76.jpg

jhvrdv.jpg
  • Teacake
    Teacake Members Posts: 1
    Hey. I never post on here mainly just lurk. But im headed to houston mlk weekend was wondering what thing there is to do amd or check out