Cop killing a unarmed man in hotel found not guilty

Options
13»

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This one is on the judge, he didn’t allow the video to be shown in court.

How can I as a juror make a decision if the most critical piece of evidence is held from me. I'm either voting guilty (smell a coverup) or they would have to remove me cuz I'm not voting

Oh it's by design
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How can I as a juror make a decision if the most critical piece of evidence is held from me. I'm either voting guilty (smell a coverup) or they would have to remove me cuz I'm not voting

Well if the jury didn't see the video thats grounds for an appeal because there's new evidence.

The problem is that the judges and policemen are on the same team. The judge should have shown the video to the jury and the policeman should have gone to jail for at least 25 to life.

I always hear cops and/or criminal justice advocates say that police have to make split second decisions so that its hard to judge them unless you know what its like. But if you can't handle the stress you shouldn't be a police officer.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

Oh it's by design

Just saw that this happened in Arizona. Nvm it all makes sense now.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

Oh it's by design

?elaborate on that, i know jack about arizona
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »

Oh it's by design

conservative "law and order" state
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    farris2k1 wrote: »

Oh it's by design

conservative "law and order" state

Right,thats wat i figured, like i said before jurys are an issue because they always ends
    up being majority pro cop despite the fact that selection is supposed to be random
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The cop that shot him was not the same cop that was yelling the orders.

I also read the footage was presented in court they only withheld the "You're ? " on his gun
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

I also read the footage was presented in court they only withheld the "You're ? " on his gun

Do you have a link saying the footage was shown? My source was a diff message board so it may or may not be accurate.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Brian B. wrote: »
    it's not jus more whites bein killed to ensue change

they gotta be affluent whites, cuz lower classes (esp. those seen as "white trash") won't garner the attention

Keep thinking that they gotta be poor.

The cop who shot that white chick here in MN over his partners ? through a car door has been back on the streets working for months now, hasn't made a statement about the shooting to the BCA or anyone else.

ummm I'm a lil ? but, idk if you misread what I wrote

I was sayin the poorer ones won't garner the attention, the affluent ones will

& there was no need to mention male genitalia

could've said cop shot over his partner thru the door, but whatever comes naturally I guess

•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hmmmmmmm that don’t change much
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

Do you have a link saying the footage was shown? My source was a diff message board so it may or may not be accurate.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2017/11/30/brailsford-ex-mesa-officer-charged-murder-says-he-would-take-same-action/910369001/
    7srtq87a6ld7.jpg
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »

Hmmmmmmm that don’t change much

Yea not justifying none of this ? , just clearing misconceptions about the court proceedings
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched the video and while the cops handled everything terribly leading up to it, he was acquitted cause dude reached for his waistband just before he got shot. After the fact we know he was probably just pulling his shorts up, but I’m just saying the video isn’t enough to prove murder “beyond a reasonable doubt.”
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    it's not jus more whites bein killed to ensue change

they gotta be affluent whites, cuz lower classes (esp. those seen as "white trash") won't garner the attention

Keep thinking that they gotta be poor.

The cop who shot that white chick here in MN over his partners ? through a car door has been back on the streets working for months now, hasn't made a statement about the shooting to the BCA or anyone else.

ummm I'm a lil ? but, idk if you misread what I wrote

I was sayin the poorer ones won't garner the attention, the affluent ones will

& there was no need to mention male genitalia

could've said cop shot over his partner thru the door, but whatever comes naturally I guess

Sorry for mentioning the partners D. My natural white man tendencies are coming out again. I was only trying to illustrate disregard for safety Officer Noor had while handling his weapon.