Big Sean & Metro Boomin Announce Joint Album "Double Or Nothing"

Options

Comments

• Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dog, THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR BIG SEAN LISTENERS....these ? livin' a whole other reality out here. Don't waste your time
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack before listening.
    Sean is guaranteed to ? up every track on the album.

Hindsight is 20/20. @aladdin1978 Negrodamus in this ?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmaooooo a what lotta caping goin on, I’m dead sad Big Sean fans tryin to defend his trash energy
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I just listened to the 1st 6 tracks and came in here to ? on the album

But then i read the last 75 new posts and i see this thread is already going the way it should.

I always said he was wack idk how his following is so big. He 0 for 3 on projects ive heard from him now.

Im officially done checking for any his projects

Kanye/ good music affiliate.....they put a roc chain around his neck n jay z stans cape for him
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked detroit mixtape
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dark Sky Paradise was dope as hell. I Decided was just straight boring and wack. Why this ? couldn't build on the goodwill of DSP is beyond me...maybe he ain't just talented enough as his peers.

And this is what his second collaborative effort with an album in the space of a year: there's his album with Jhene Aiko released early this year or was it last year?

He really need to go back to the drawing board or even relocate to his home state. There's tons of dope producers and rappers he can work with that will develop him artistically

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And this is who yall swear is one of the top emcees out. Big Sean never fooled me. Dude peaked the first half of DSP.

? I thought he was average with the Finally Famous mixtapes. I knew he wasn't that ? then.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And this is who yall swear is one of the top emcees out. Big Sean never fooled me. Dude peaked the first half of DSP.

? I thought he was average with the Finally Famous mixtapes. I knew he wasn't that ? then.

finally famous 3 is dope. 2 aint bad either.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all need to just say y'all like headphone music and keep it moving. That's the disconnect we're having in here. I mean I ? with Big Krit but this ? has a 48 page thread on here lol. That's all I need to know about this site. Y'all in here saying how does Sean has a following? Because people are out here actually listening and loving his music. There's a reason why damn near every hip hop head in the game has cosigned him. The platinum plaques and stats, sold out shows,etc don't lie. Top 5 of this era like it not. (Drake, Kendrick, Cole, Sean and Future)

I am one of the biggest big krit critics on the IC. But Krit delivered on his double album and Sean on this project as mediocre at best. Nobody is comparing sean to other mumble rappers. After dark sky paradise i started to consider Sean being up there with cole drake and kendrick. Even after I decided i was like "eh hes not there but if he can create another DSP then maybe."

But this project is exactly why Kdot, Kendrick and Cole are in the lower level seats with the nice pads and big sean is 2 stories up in the upper deck seats with just the plastic backing. The critique of this album has more to do with his lack to keep up with the top of his class than it does about comparing him to mumble rappers.
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dog, THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR BIG SEAN LISTENERS....these ? livin' a whole other reality out here. Don't waste your time

Some of us are fans of that ? , you know?

fans of his music or fans of him? because as it reads, ? legit don't like his music on the strength of.......who the ? knows.

for example....
    Y'all need to just say y'all like headphone music and keep it moving. That's the disconnect we're having in here. I mean I ? with Big Krit but this ? has a 48 page thread on here lol. That's all I need to know about this site. Y'all in here saying how does Sean has a following? Because people are out here actually listening and loving his music. There's a reason why damn near every hip hop head in the game has cosigned him. The platinum plaques and stats, sold out shows,etc don't lie. Top 5 of this era like it not. (Drake, Kendrick, Cole, Sean and Future)

I am one of the biggest big krit critics on the IC. But Krit delivered on his double album and Sean on this project as mediocre at best. Nobody is comparing sean to other mumble rappers. After dark sky paradise i started to consider Sean being up there with cole drake and kendrick. Even after I decided i was like "eh hes not there but if he can create another DSP then maybe."

But this project is exactly why Kdot, Kendrick and Cole are in the lower level seats with the nice pads and big sean is 2 stories up in the upper deck seats with just the plastic backing. The critique of this album has more to do with his lack to keep up with the top of his class than it does about comparing him to mumble rappers.

nothing measurable, just sentiment. And this don't only go for Sean but for a lot rapper on this site cats complain about.

Far his dude music go, Im a fan. I like what he's doin and how he's doin it. All these rappers out here running they own race. Fans are just skewing the view. Especially with subjective opinions.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was just tweeting about this joint. Sean used to be a cornball to me. Be definitely leveled up over the last couple years though. This joint go hard. As a sidebar, there's only one squad in rap I can think of who has a better 3-man rotation os LYRICIST than G.O.O.D Music. When it comes to bars, Cyhi, Push and Sean ain't really taking no Ls.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

Some of us are fans of that ? , you know?

fans of his music or fans of him? because as it reads, ? legit don't like his music on the strength of.......who the ? knows.

for example....

nothing measurable, just sentiment. And this don't only go for Sean but for a lot rapper on this site cats complain about.

Far his dude music go, Im a fan. I like what he's doin and how he's doin it. All these rappers out here running they own race. Fans are just skewing the view. Especially with subjective opinions.

I'm a fan of his music for the most part. I ? with much of Finally Famous, I sorta like/didn't hate Hall of Fame, Detroit was dope, I ? love the first half of DSP. There nothing on here that was really catching me. The ? was bland at best. The flack he's catching on here from fans is warranted IMO.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this was funny back when you were postin as dayday. but now ? is just sad man. you love this dude? you owe him your life or something? this level of stannery can not go unexplained
  • DetroitBoi313
    DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

So you were expecting lyrical miracles raps on a Metro Boomin project? I didn't expect Sean to make another DSP or Detroit because he's not in that space anymore. Sean gave us "I Decided" earlier this year and even tho that album went Platinum with a 3x Platinum single (Bounce Bounce) Platinum (Moves) and a few other Gold records and he toured off that album he didn't get the big reception he thought he would get. A lot of people were mad because he went the conscious route with that album.

This project was meant to be a banger album with Sean flexing his wordplay and metaphors and dropping gems all throughout the album which he did. He basically gave the people what they asked for. So we're going to act like he's not rapping his ass off on some of these records (Savage Time, No Heart, No Love, Big Bidness, etc) Just look at the feedback on Twitter the past 2 days and see a lot of people vibing to the album. People just got to enjoy this project for what it is. I can understand if people don't like this vibe to this album but to call this project garbage and trash is just crazy to me.

Just look at this thread nobody is even talking about the music and just posting tweets from people who already hated him.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So you were expecting lyrical miracles raps on a Metro Boomin project? I didn't expect Sean to make another DSP or Detroit because he's not in that space anymore. Sean gave us "I Decided" earlier this year and even tho that album went Platinum with a 3x Platinum single (Bounce Bounce) Platinum (Moves) and a few other Gold records and he toured off that album he didn't get the big reception he thought he would get. A lot of people were mad because he went the conscious route with that album.

This project was meant to be a banger album with Sean flexing his wordplay and metaphors and dropping gems all throughout the album which he did. He basically gave the people what they asked for. So we're going to act like he's not rapping his ass off on some of these records (Savage Time, No Heart, No Love, Big Bidness, etc) Just look at the feedback on Twitter the past 2 days and see a lot of people vibing to the album. People just got to enjoy this project for what it is. I can understand if people don't like this vibe to this album but to call this project garbage and trash is just crazy to me.

Just look at this thread nobody is even talking about the music and just posting tweets from people who already hated him.

FEELINGS this album was butt
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Can't dislike an album simply because its trash anymore?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So homie is saying that we shouldn’t expect “lyrical miracle raps” from a Big Sean project, a rapper who fancies himself as not just a lyrical rapper but an upper echelon lyrical rapper.... just because he was featured over only Metro Boomin Beats? Way to throw Metro under the bus & disrespect his craft at the same time just to absolve Big Sean lmao!!!! The levels stans will reach.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

is it too much to ask for respectable lyrics?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

Lol the feedback on twitter is the weakest argument you can make. The majority of personalities and average joes are trashing the project. You are just picking the positive posts out the haystack and spinning like that is the majority of people. The flexing tracks on ? like Detroit and DSP and even I decided are miles better than this metro project.

I expected a better showing from sean than these corny lines he spit.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

*49 page thread.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big Sean is a good rapper but this album horrible. He should've linked up with Mike Will if he was gonna go the one producer route
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Big Sean is a good rapper but this album horrible. He should've linked up with Mike Will if he was gonna go the one producer route

Right, at least that union gave us Paradise, which was Sean at his best IMO.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like this project better than I Decided. Detroit and DSP still his two best projects.