jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blade and Johnny Blaze are coming back too
    x56j3mjswvw2.jpg
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Marvel launching Marvel Legacy and people are STILL ? lol.

It won't be a full reboot which brings the dead guys back or puts things back how they were.

just heard about this & looking forward to it as a way to get back into comics
    I am a bit of a completest and it would be daunting to jump in because I would be tempted to go back and get caught up
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Issue #9 of the Thanos comic was good. Not a lot of action, but some decent development. Seems like ? is gonna go down in the next couple issues.
  • jono
    Options
    Thanos and the Avengers working together is going to be either cool or infuriating. Lemire has my trust though.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Thanos and the Avengers working together is going to be either cool or infuriating. Lemire has my trust though.

I'd be careful taking too much from that cover, remember:
    Thanos is going through some kind of trial, so what we see in that issue is likely not even real.
  • jono
    Options

I'd be careful taking too much from that cover, remember:
    Thanos is going through some kind of trial, so what we see in that issue is likely not even real.

True that. Didn't think about that
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nebula smashed champion
  • jono
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Brrruuuuh Ultimates 2 #100 was lit.
    hwtok9928a00.jpg
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I'm sorry to see Ultimates go, but at least it went out with a bang.

The latest Thanos issue was dope though, and next issue should be crazy.
  • jono
    Options

It won't be a full reboot which brings the dead guys back or puts things back how they were.

Here's some covers.
    kegxinc0p7wa.jpg

fd18w8ppivgu.jpg

htcssq7b6f4f.jpg
    609dcdur6ntz.jpg

youkwvvkulsd.jpg
    rpgdm5sxugo0.jpg
    ozeoa4i95ami.jpg
    fy9hqcxfsqs0.jpg
    n1zucbte3bu4.jpg
    zxazgbsee8g3.jpg

These books have been Ass.

Marvel is a gotdamn mess right now. Its been invaded by weirdos. An abundance of ? with strange colored hair, male super heroes with dad bods, female superheroes shaped like wide receivers. Its a tragedy.

That said, there's been a handful of good books. Black Bolt is surprisingly dope, Thanos is still good, Defenders and All New Guardians have been solid as well.

I liked Secret Empire, the ending miffed me a bit but it was an overall solid arc.
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Marvel sales been in the trash. Taking the whole industry with it. A number of comic book stores are closed because people can't sell books.
  • jono
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Marvel sales been in the trash. Taking the whole industry with it. A number of comic book stores are closed because people can't sell books.

Bruh IDW's revenue dropped 90+ percent over the year. They blame Marvel for turning comic book fans away. Lol
  • jono
    Options
    Cain wrote: »

Here's some covers.
    kegxinc0p7wa.jpg

fd18w8ppivgu.jpg

htcssq7b6f4f.jpg
    609dcdur6ntz.jpg

youkwvvkulsd.jpg
    rpgdm5sxugo0.jpg
    ozeoa4i95ami.jpg
    fy9hqcxfsqs0.jpg
    n1zucbte3bu4.jpg
    zxazgbsee8g3.jpg

Marvel is a gotdamn mess right now. Its been invaded by weirdos. An abundance of ? with strange colored hair, male super heroes with dad bods, female superheroes shaped like wide receivers. Its a tragedy.

That said, there's been a handful of good books. Black Bolt is surprisingly dope, Thanos is still good, Defenders and All New Guardians have been solid as well.

I liked Secret Empire, the ending miffed me a bit but it was an overall solid arc.

They're trying to hard to be accepting to faggotry and all out weird people ? . Every new character is either ? or a emo ? . I ? with Marvel heavy but I don't want to read young Iceman is a ? ? or Ms Marvel is Muslim I don't give a ? about that. Go beat up a bad guy and keep it pushing

I been saying this alot. There's no superheroes in these comics now. It's all identity politics and preaching.

I remember when people were happy about Ms. Marvel, when she was created she was a superhero who just happened to be a Muslim but over time she's become the "Muslim Superhero" always preaching and ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Cain wrote: »

Here's some covers.
    kegxinc0p7wa.jpg

fd18w8ppivgu.jpg

htcssq7b6f4f.jpg
    609dcdur6ntz.jpg

youkwvvkulsd.jpg
    rpgdm5sxugo0.jpg
    ozeoa4i95ami.jpg
    fy9hqcxfsqs0.jpg
    n1zucbte3bu4.jpg
    zxazgbsee8g3.jpg

They're trying to hard to be accepting to faggotry and all out weird people ? . Every new character is either ? or a emo ? . I ? with Marvel heavy but I don't want to read young Iceman is a ? ? or Ms Marvel is Muslim I don't give a ? about that. Go beat up a bad guy and keep it pushing

I been saying this alot. There's no superheroes in these comics now. It's all identity politics and preaching.

I remember when people were happy about Ms. Marvel, when she was created she was a superhero who just happened to be a Muslim but over time she's become the "Muslim Superhero" always preaching and ? .

? like this is why I prefer the Cosmic comics. You don't get any of that ? there. The Ultimates was composed of 2 black men, 1 black woman, 1 white woman, 1 hispanic woman, and 1 white man (for a short bit). Race didn't come up in the book a single time. They out their trying to save the universe. They didn't have time to worry about skin color or any other trivial ? .
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    im like 4 months brhind
  • jono
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    im like 4 months brhind

And you still ain't missing ? . Marvel has been in a rut the last two years. Little to nothing has happened and what has been happening is some ? .

That said, the Black Bolt solo series is Marvel's best book. Its on issue 7, I suggest it.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    yea I need to catch up on a lot of ?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody know about this ? ?
    owxeha5x29ea.jpg
  • jono
    Options
    That's from Donny Cates Thanos book.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    X-Men Red coming in Feb. Jean Grey's team.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited December 2017
    Options

What the hell? I never seen that before. Is that some new ? ? His most recent series is over right.

lol Thanos loves his thrones though doesn't he?
  • jono
    edited December 2017
    Options

What the hell? I never seen that before. Is that some new ? ? His most recent series is over right.

The book is only one issue in, its Thanos 13 where Cates starts up. That particular scene might be from a future issue but Thanos 13 introduced the old Thanos [he's from the future] with a cosmic Ghost Rider as a henchman in that book.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

The book is only one issue in, its Thanos 13 where Cates starts up. That particular scene might be from a future issue but Thanos 13 introduced the old Thanos [he's from the future] with a cosmic Ghost Rider as a henchman in that book.

Damn, didn't even realize the series was continuing. They made it seem like that last arc was the end. Thanks for the info.
  • Flaused
    Flaused Members Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm like: "Excuse me, my 🤬 . But didn't u fight your friends, ended up getting arrest and getting killed over this very same typa 🤬 ?"
  • Liza Johnson
    Liza Johnson Members Posts: 12
    Options

I really like how Marvel is developing. They always move with the times and pay the attention to the world context.