Vending Machines...Anybody own one?

VulcanRaven
VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in Strictly Business
I was sitting here thinking and vending machines popped into my head. I see some for sale in my state, but I don't know how you get to set them up at an establishment and I figure that you have to restock them yourself. Anyone know anything about this or where to find information? Do you need a permit? Can you buy one and have it be at a property you don't own? Are the vending machines owned by the business?

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its a good money laundering method but dont think you can hide money from forensic litigators.

but yes, you can buy anything for a business to own. as far as permits...i think it depends on locations...im not sure about that.
  • VulcanRaven
    @2stepz_ahead have you bought any? I don't plan to hide money lol. So I could buy one and put it anywhere they allow it?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you have to restock them yourself unless you want to pay someone to do it for you.

Also say you live in an apartment building. You will need to contact the property manager and come to an agreement if you want to set up your machine on that property.

No you don't need a permit. Some vending machines are owned by the property on business they are on and some are owned by a company that specialized in vending machines.

I just learned a lot about vending machines let me know if you have any more questions.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    how much does it cost to get one and maintain it?
  • D. Morgan
    mike06 wrote: »
    how much does it cost to get one and maintain it?

They have different machines also they have used and brand new machines so the prices is going to vary on that. Price is also going to depend on what you trying to stock the machine with. If want to stock a machine with sodas and sandwiches and stuff like that you will need a refrigerated machine. If just chips and cookies and candy you don't need that type of machine. So of course the refrigerated machine is going to cost more new or used.

Maintenance varies as well because refrigerated machines going to cost more if something goes wrong. They have service techs just for vending machines and that ? gets costly just like it does when trying to fix a car or have someone come to your house to repair something.

I tell some ? that folks with vending machines go through. The slot that you place your paper dollars in has these little rubber band type of pieces on there to rotate the levers that pull the dollars into the machine. Well say your machine is at a school or gym and people keep placing damp or wet dollar bills into the machine. The damp and wet money starts to dry rot the rubber band pieces and once they ? up the machine will no longer take dollar bills until they are replaced. Depending on the place you have the machine that can be consistent issue you are always having to deal with.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was just looking for ball park figures but good looking out on the info....whoever owns the vending machines in my office is making a killing...charging $0.75 for .35 cent gum and ? .....$1.00 for $0.50 chips....$1.75 for sodas....idk if they're all from the same owner but the ? is definitely making them some good paper
  • D. Morgan
    mike06 wrote: »
    i was just looking for ball park figures but good looking out on the info....whoever owns the vending machines in my office is making a killing...charging $0.75 for .35 cent gum and ? .....$1.00 for $0.50 chips....$1.75 for sodas....idk if they're all from the same owner but the ? is definitely making them some good paper

Kind of hard to give ball park figures if I don't know what products you trying to sale.

They have some machines that cost more than $5K and you have some that are a lot less.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for the info @D. Morgan. I will read everything when I get a chance. @mike06 google vending machines for sale. That's what made me think of this. Like Morgan said, they run around $5, 000.
  • D. Morgan
    Thanks for the info @D. Morgan. I will read everything when I get a chance. @mike06 google vending machines for sale. That's what made me think of this. Like Morgan said, they run around $5, 000.

Anytime!!!
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? should get an ATM and put it in a stripclub