Comments

• EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I dont remember the minute mark.. But Ma$e said that this is about a video.. And he kinda downplayed it.. It's like man after 20 years this video is where our issues are?.. I have an issue with that..

Ma$e mentions in the video that he wore Cam's clothes.. So a ? that gave you clothes to wear.. As soon as you get on you charge him for a video?.. And expect him to let it go?.. I wish Angie would have plodded more on that..

If you my man.. And u held me down.. And I get on.. Ima make sure you straight.. That's what real ? do.. Yes you've grown.. But don't act like Cam is crazy for feeling the way he felt. He held you down and you had the power to change his life and you did it but not really. Charging that man for a video is a slap in the face in my opinion. If he did that video all of this wouldn't even be going on. Made said that he's grown so maybe he isn't the same person.. But growth doesnt negate what you've done in your past. You still have to deal with the Karma that comes along with what you've done. Outside of that I feel him.. This is a dope interview.. Many layers and no one is perfect.. But Ma$e needs to understand where Cam is coming from as it pertains to that video..

It's still a business at the end of the day and Cam would have been using Mase's name and image to further his own profile. There's money to be made from that and it's only right Mase got something out of that...and given how high profile Mase was then according to what both of them have said he gave Cam a crazy discount from what he could have actually charged him. Didn't Mase also say in that video he's the one who helped Cam get his deal from jump? What else is he supposed to do...do every Cam feature and video for free forever?

We fundamentally disagree.. Ma$e shouldn't have charge Cam ? because of their relationship prior.. Cam wasn't some other rapper they were supposed to be friends/fam.. According to Ma$e Cam would give him clothes and stuff. That doesn't count for anything?. SMH..

He got that ? his deal. Was he supposed to never charge Cam for anything ever? What about now 20 years later. Had they not fallen out should Mase owe Cam 20 years of free features?

Again we fundamentally disagree. If we came up together I'm not going to charge you. It's as simple as that. Ma$e should have done better in my opinion.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's time FOF this ?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Ma$e generated 50 pages on the IC in 2017... What a time to be alive.
  • freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Ma$e generated 50 pages on the IC in 2017... What a time to be alive.

Killa Cams 1st L.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I dont remember the minute mark.. But Ma$e said that this is about a video.. And he kinda downplayed it.. It's like man after 20 years this video is where our issues are?.. I have an issue with that..

Ma$e mentions in the video that he wore Cam's clothes.. So a ? that gave you clothes to wear.. As soon as you get on you charge him for a video?.. And expect him to let it go?.. I wish Angie would have plodded more on that..

If you my man.. And u held me down.. And I get on.. Ima make sure you straight.. That's what real ? do.. Yes you've grown.. But don't act like Cam is crazy for feeling the way he felt. He held you down and you had the power to change his life and you did it but not really. Charging that man for a video is a slap in the face in my opinion. If he did that video all of this wouldn't even be going on. Made said that he's grown so maybe he isn't the same person.. But growth doesnt negate what you've done in your past. You still have to deal with the Karma that comes along with what you've done. Outside of that I feel him.. This is a dope interview.. Many layers and no one is perfect.. But Ma$e needs to understand where Cam is coming from as it pertains to that video..

It's still a business at the end of the day and Cam would have been using Mase's name and image to further his own profile. There's money to be made from that and it's only right Mase got something out of that...and given how high profile Mase was then according to what both of them have said he gave Cam a crazy discount from what he could have actually charged him. Didn't Mase also say in that video he's the one who helped Cam get his deal from jump? What else is he supposed to do...do every Cam feature and video for free forever?

We fundamentally disagree.. Ma$e shouldn't have charge Cam ? because of their relationship prior.. Cam wasn't some other rapper they were supposed to be friends/fam.. According to Ma$e Cam would give him clothes and stuff. That doesn't count for anything?. SMH..

He got that ? his deal. Was he supposed to never charge Cam for anything ever? What about now 20 years later. Had they not fallen out should Mase owe Cam 20 years of free features?

Again we fundamentally disagree. If we came up together I'm not going to charge you. It's as simple as that. Ma$e should have done better in my opinion.

At some point you stop owing a ? . Cam ain't entitled to free verses and collabs from mase forever.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

At some point you stop owing a ? . Cam ain't entitled to free verses and collabs from mase forever.

Fixed
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This was the beginning of thier career. Mase did the record and didn't have the decency to do the video. Yall don't see anything wrong with this? For all of that he could have kept his verses and Cam coulda found another feature or did the record solo.
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This was the beginning of thier career. Mase did the record and didn't have the decency to do the video. Yall don't see anything wrong with this? For all of that he could have kept his verses and Cam coulda found another feature or did the record solo.

You expect Mase to appear in a video that was going to make money for camron,undeas entertainment and Sony records and not get paid? While everybody else makes money from the video?

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here's the issue:

A video shoot takes about a day, maybe two days.

In a day, Ma$e could do a three shows and make $50,000 per show, thats $150,000. Using the same math, Ma$e could make $300,000 in two days.

By taking a day off to be in Cam's video Ma$e loses at least $100,000.

So you can understand why Ma$e would charge Cam's record label. And its not like Cam's label didn't have the money to pay Ma$e.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they were true homies regardless of who was right, they shouldn’t have fallen out over it. Id not expect my boy to charge me for a feature but id understand if he did.
    This makes me think these guys weren’t even that cool to begin with and the "friendship" they talk of is slightly exaggerated
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i never understood why ? smash other ? chicks with all these chicks around....
    i mean ? is ? ...but i would never go at someones chick on purpose...especially with all the chicks thats around ? with fame...

no need to double dip.....thats some nasty ?

The heart wants what it wants lol...? ain't out here thinking bout other ? . ? know if given the chance, most dudes would smash they girl and move w that in mind.
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    i mean ? is ? ...but i would never go at someones chick on purpose...especially with all the chicks thats around ? with fame...

Thats life.

Everybody doesn't think alike.

nah thats not life....thats fukkery..

if im fukking with a chick i know got a man is one thing.
    but if i fukk with a chick who man i know.....thats ? .

either way...i dont want fresh second hand ass

? , unless you out here getting virgins. All men are getting some sort of second hand ? dog. That's just how it be. Knowing the ? and being friends w the ? are two completely different things. If shorty got a man that I "know" but don't kick it with, why should I give a ? about they relationship issues.
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Mr 202 wrote: »

Thats life.

Well unless you put a ring on her finger she's gonna ? whoever she wants.

That's not how it's supposed to be.dont condition your mind to believe that because you not gonn be able to get your self a good girl thinking like that.
    There's something called loyalty and a lot girls have it. It's still a lot of good women out there with self value
    Women that understand that their body is not for everybody,women that have respect for themselves and for their relationships

I have a female cousin that explained it to me;

There's Mr Right, and Mr Right Now

Mr Right has a college degree, his own car, his own apartment, well dressed, social skills, tall, dark and handsome.

Mr Right Now has a hard ? and wants to ? .

And vice versa
  • natural born sinners
    Options
    Mr 202 wrote: »

Thats life.

Well unless you put a ring on her finger she's gonna ? whoever she wants.

That's not how it's supposed to be.dont condition your mind to believe that because you not gonn be able to get your self a good girl thinking like that.
    There's something called loyalty and a lot girls have it. It's still a lot of good women out there with self value
    Women that understand that their body is not for everybody,women that have respect for themselves and for their relationships

I have a female cousin that explained it to me;

There's Mr Right, and Mr Right Now

Mr Right has a college degree, his own car, his own apartment, well dressed, social skills, tall, dark and handsome.

Mr Right Now has a hard ? and wants to ? .

And vice versa

Btw, ms. Right now often ends up being ms. ? ex gf
  • natural born sinners
    Options

Wasn't this what happened w hov and jaz? The old hook me up cause we cool ? . This is a tough one. You can argue mase was foul, but you can also argue that mase knew the business
  • natural born sinners
    Options

Brah, the mase feature is what made that song as popular as it got. That was like an up n coming rapper getting Drake on a hook today. Taking mase off the record was not an option
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here's the issue:

In a day, Ma$e could do a three shows and make $50,000 per show, thats $150,000. Using the same math, Ma$e could make $300,000 in two days.

So you can understand why Ma$e would charge Cam's record label. And its not like Cam's label didn't have the money to pay Ma$e.

This dude wasn't working like that everyday. He had time if he wanted to
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here's the issue:

He was in the peak of his a career and he was arguably the most successful artist in the history of Hip Hop (judging by radio singles, features and record sales). You'd better believe he was getting 100K+ every day.

You think Nicki Minaj or Drake can afford to take a day off to be in their homie's video?
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here's the issue:

He was in the peak of his a career and he was arguably the most successful artist in the history of Hip Hop (judging by radio singles, features and record sales). You'd better believe he was getting 100K+ every day.

You think Nicki Minaj or Drake can afford to take a day off to be in their homie's video?

Ya. I don't follow them on any social media, but I'd bet I could find them relaxing some days.