Eminem 8th studio album "Revival" 12/15/17

Options

Comments

• Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need a link for this ? wtf is going on with torrents these days? I need my younger generation to guide me ffs I am 30 now! I am wise as ? but when it comes to the next generation I have to admit I am not as hip with the times you internet nerdy ? ffs, I am ? but there is some sense here!! give me to album boys and girls inbox me for freakin ? sake people think i AM a stan but I am actually very criticle BUT now that I think about it most of you guys ? on recovery and I really like that album so ? you guys.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Off first listen I'll say this. Which can be said about all BAD albums. This needed to be shorter, like 6 to 7, maybe 8 songs shorter. Just to make it more tolerable. Also, Em needs to stop working w Rick Ruben. He might not know how to tell him them beats is wack and vice versa. Another thing, almost every song sounds the same, which is good for cohesiveness, but not if the songs prior to the next one sucked.
    I would like to rate it after another listen, but I'm not sure that will be anytime soon.
    This reminds me of the first time I played Encore and that time I heard half of Relapse. Dude missed, maybe he learns from it n gets back to some hip hop ? . Dr. Dre n Alchemist should go lock themselves in Em's house w him for a few weeks n put out a small EP to salvage this dude music
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He says twice this is his last album so don’t hold your breath for Dre and Alchemist to hold up in a studio with him anytime soon
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't make it through one song it was just awkward even when he returned to a bearable flow the song ended up trash
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kinda figured this ? would be garbage. Stopped caring about Em music after garbage ass Encore.

Eminem Show was his last good album n that was 15 yrs ago. A mfer can come out a ? , learn to walk, go to first day of school, grow some hair on their nuts nh and start working their first job in that time frame.

Used to defend him as top 5 doa but u cant fall off that hard for this long and retain your spot.
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm 5 songs in. I don't hate it so far. His pen game still sharp I'll say that..
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    I’m not gonna listen to this anytime soon. Based on the comments, I am highly disappointed. This Rick Rubin ? needs to leave Eminem alone. Walk on water was so trash

? how you gonna be disappointed at some ? you ain't heard yet? You gotta suffer like the rest of us for that ? to count. lol

aight ill listen on my way to work.. this is gonna be bad

For the love of ? , please take public transportation!!!

Just listened to 19 tracks of absolute ? . Yea singles like Monster with Rihanna and Guts over fear with Sia worked but he forced the ? out of that sound.

Then he had the nerve to use that 2017 Bet Cypher flow and it’s just wack. Just rap my ? . Rap normal. Do the Indian voice. This album just wasn’t for me and I’m the biggest Eminem fan.

I thought Track 3 was gonna he hard then he came through with that wack ass hook.

To me, it sounds like Rick Rubin is trying to turn Eminem into some beastie boys ? because he thinks that’s the only successful rap sound for white people. I hate this ?

I meant track 2
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The irony of this ? being called Revival and the entire Reason is Reburying that ? :joy:
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not as bad as most of y'all are making out to be. Id cut like maybe 4 or 5 songs but there's definitely some songs I'll revisit. Can't say that for recovery or mmlp2..

He spazzed out on a lot of this album, like he had something to prove. Maybe to himself. Offended is probably the best song imo. I wish he would've let the beat rock a lil on In your head. I mess with that song he sampled..
    https://youtu.be/6Ejga4kJUts

He closed out the album pretty good too..

Eh...3/5... I've heard worse from him..
  • gemini86
    Options

Hell nah. ? was so wack, Elvis was rolling in his grave(8 mike reference)
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alright lets see how far I make it into the album
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They gave Encore 4 stars. Think about that for a second. You know the ? is certified doo doo grits when you can't outrank an album with a song called Big ? in a magazine that sucks your ? on a yearly basis.
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The irony of this ? being called Revival and the entire Reason is Reburying that ? :joy:

Dunno if it’s ? I’m still half cut, that reburying don’t look right.

• gemini86
    Options
    So I like Believe and that’s it
  • englishdude
    Options
    So I like Believe and that’s it

That song is the worst, offended is probably the best tune on the album, till he does that nursery rhyme hook which also includes toilet humour.

Em you’re approaching 50 sit the ? down.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem has not been the same since that aftermath vs murder inc and benzino battle .....IDK what the ? happened but he's been lost ever since

I think its more since Big Proof passed...

Proof was alive for that encore disaster and reup

I dont think Encore was THAT bad, it had a some decent tracks and yeah I didnt like 'Re Up' but that was a compilation wasnt it??? Not an Em album... I think Proofs death was a major fact for Em going down hill, he prolly had Em's ear and would tell him whats dope, whats not and what hip hop heads want to hear an fck the pop charts (at this point in his career)...
  • englishdude
    Options
    Eminem has not been the same since that aftermath vs murder inc and benzino battle .....IDK what the ? happened but he's been lost ever since

I dont think Encore was THAT bad, it had a some decent tracks and yeah I didnt like 'Re Up' but that was a compilation wasnt it??? Not an Em album... I think Proofs death was a major fact for Em going down hill, he prolly had Em's ear and would tell him whats dope, whats not and what hip hop heads want to hear an fck the pop charts (at this point in his career)...

This is the most perplexing thing, he will move units no matter what he releases.

He should be releasing material that puts him in the convo for top 5-10 instead he’s going the pop style route. The irony in it and his old material is astonishing lol.

Technically he has the capability, he’s just lost the ability to make a album with a direction.

With the people he has in his corner, this ? shoulda never even left the booth. Let alone be mix and mastered.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

Do better

? you do realize I made that up right?
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is the most perplexing thing, he will move units no matter what he releases.

He should be releasing material that puts him in the convo for top 5-10 instead he’s going the pop style route. The irony in it and his old material is astonishing lol.

Technically he has the capability, he’s just lost the ability to make a album with a direction.

With the people he has in his corner, this ? shoulda never even left the booth. Let alone be mix and mastered.

Yeah thats kinda what I said earlier, he must have all the money he could ever want, why cater to pop fans and giving a fck about the pop charts???... I would of thought all he should be concentrating on gaining respect from his hip hop piers and hip hop heads...

Hes must have all the tools at his disposal.. I think this is where people like Proof would of stepped in and said things 'like bro, this is not IT'... I mean he said he likes Tech N9ne in that Elton John interview didnt he??? Why is he not doing tunes with Tech, Crooked, Royce, GxFR, Dre, Jay, Nas etc??? Im sure they would all gladly hop on tracks with him...

I just really dont get it, why does he care about catering to pop charts and the idiots on that Twitter talking about they crying over this album??? Fck, a 1997 Em must be shaking his head over this album... Maybe 'Interscope' are 'making' him go this route??? Or maybe he simply just fell off and cant do what he once did, thats no excuse for the wack beats and features though is it???
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Im bouta turn this ? into an EP and alter that cover just to get the stench of the rest of the songs off my phone. Whoever said Offended is bad is smokin dust, that ? went in on there.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »

Eminem was so outspoken but when the racist tapes dropped he became shook. I'd rather hear talented racist than grovelling wackness.

You're white. I'm sure you would.

You wouldn't?

No. A person's character should be more important and admirable. I know you don't understand because, once again, you're white.

When it comes to listening to music the sound of the music is more important than what dude thinks about. And lol at dismissing an opinion due to race.

I don't dismiss every white person's opinion. I dismiss YOUR opinion, goof troop. Every time you say little fugazi ? . Every time you type "? " in an effort to be cool and hope that everyone forgets you're white... I see that ? .

@Go Figure is white and he seems cool as a fan. You on the other hand...