The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Comments

• Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1999 I wanted Man Utd to win the Champions League for the pride of the English Premier League, 2005 Liverpool same deal.

Right now we have a team fueled by Petrol and radical ideas that it tearing apart the competitiveness of The English Premier League.

Every non Man City fan should SPURS tomorrow #STOPPETROLFC
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mseries_ wrote: »
    YOU ALL BEEN WARNED, they like to call spurs a Jewish club so when SPURS WiN the PREM/CHAMPIONS LEAGUE you guys will be forever reminded #NEVERFORGET on some Ann Frank ?

More like some ? ? .
  • Mseries_
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Yep, last 5 posts are exactly what i needed. I hope Man City destroys those mfers.

#noLube

On some Harvey Weinstein Selma Hayek tip huh? bro Don't let the hate cloud your judgement
  • Mseries_
    northside7 wrote: »
    YOU ALL BEEN WARNED, they like to call spurs a Jewish club so when SPURS WiN the PREM/CHAMPIONS LEAGUE you guys will be forever reminded #NEVERFORGET on some Ann Frank ?

More like some ? ? .

man you never know who's watching........ but I know who's cutting the cheques

#watchwhatyousay
  • northside7

More like some ? ? .

#watchwhatyousay

That's offensive as well.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PREMIER LEAGUE TICKET PRICES: HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO WATCH EACH TEAM PLAY?

Arsenal sell the most expensive seat in the English top flight, while Huddersfield Town have earned plaudits for the affordability of their games
    It can cost anything from £9 to £97 for an adult to watch a Premier League match during the 2017-18 season.
    Arsenal are offering the most expensive admission in the English top flight this term, with their £97 ticket the top price for games they class as 'category A' against their most important opponents.
    Liverpool, on the other hand, boast the cheapest ticket in the Premier League.

Premier League single-ticket prices

u2nabxugzcf5.png

http://www.goal.com/en/news/premier-league-tickets-prices-cost/p3a46sx6u8kr14mmpp7kn5dwt
  • Mseries_

More like some ? ? .

#watchwhatyousay

Arsenal’s debt to the three ‘Jewish musketeers’Author Alex Fynn on why Arsenal Football Club owe a debt of gratitude to three Jewish men.B

20to90ziqgny.jpg

http://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/arsenals-debt-to-the-three-jewish-musketeers/

Y ANDREW SHERWOOD November 10, 2016, 9:00 am arsenal-book1
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mseries_ I'm backin' your club King don't let me down
  • northside7

More like some ? ? .

#watchwhatyousay

Arsenal’s debt to the three ‘Jewish musketeers’Author Alex Fynn on why Arsenal Football Club owe a debt of gratitude to three Jewish men.B

20to90ziqgny.jpg

http://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/arsenals-debt-to-the-three-jewish-musketeers/

Y ANDREW SHERWOOD November 10, 2016, 9:00 am arsenal-book1

The club might. I don't.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to say this, but for the good of the league...I hope Spurs win.
  • northside7
    DNB1 wrote: »
    I hate to say this, but for the good of the league...I hope Spurs win.

The league? ? the league.

It was bad enough they tied Arsenal's record, and then they broke it smdh. This fuckery needs to end now.

We're only asking for 1 L. It's not a lot lol.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao at Arsenal n Man U supporterz uniting in their plights n rooting for SPURS...

Title drought changes people...

The man U fans used to have atleast a lil bit of dignity - something Arsenal fans lost a long time ago lol - come on man...City beat y'all twice and deserved to win both occasions...and deserve to win the league at the moment...
  • HundredEyes

Arsenal sell the most expensive seat in the English top flight, while Huddersfield Town have earned plaudits for the affordability of their games
    It can cost anything from £9 to £97 for an adult to watch a Premier League match during the 2017-18 season.
    Arsenal are offering the most expensive admission in the English top flight this term, with their £97 ticket the top price for games they class as 'category A' against their most important opponents.

u2nabxugzcf5.png

http://www.goal.com/en/news/premier-league-tickets-prices-cost/p3a46sx6u8kr14mmpp7kn5dwt

I wonder what them 9 quid pool seats look like... Huddersfield was like: ? it, 30 bucks n u can sit wherever u want lol
  • HundredEyes

u2nabxugzcf5.png

I wonder what them 9 quid pool seats look like... Huddersfield was like: ? it, 30 bucks n u can sit wherever u want lol

What are season ticket prices looking like @water ur seeds ?
  • DNB1
    Lmao at Arsenal n Man U supporterz uniting in their plights n rooting for SPURS...

Title drought changes people...

The man U fans used to have atleast a lil bit of dignity - something Arsenal fans lost a long time ago lol - come on man...City beat y'all twice and deserved to win both occasions...and deserve to win the league at the moment...

They do deserve to win in current form. I’m saying tho... it’s the duty of the rest to not let them run away with it. UTD failed miserably. Someone else needs to administer their first L.

TODAY! damn it!
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spurs we need you fam

giphy.gif
    @Mseries_ avi bet for the Spurs City match?

Nah Mercury is in retrograde, plus I'm trying something different since the Man U avi bet.

SPURS WILL WIN THOUGH

You’re as soft as baby ? .
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope spurs crash and burn, ? the league it’s out of our reach (again) I want at least 5-0 @Young_Chitlin
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like Ronaldo had to work ALOT harder to squeeze every ounce of his potential out of him, whereas Messi was more naturally gifted (regardless of the *alleged* HGH Barca fed him as a kid)... But I rank Ronaldo as better all round player...

Like Fergie I think told Ronaldo he needed work on his heading, so I believe that summer Ronaldo spent daum near every day with weights on his ankles practicing his heading and came back with the hang time of Michael Jordan and scoring mad headers...

Another story is him getting kicked to schitt and bullied in the EPL, so he bulked and became a beast, so I feel like he worked on all his weakness and things that hampered his game and overcame them... Now he has gotten older he has adapted his game again trying to get round something no one can out run forever, father time... You gotta respect his hustle...

I respect his hustle but personally prefer talent/skills over muscle, what Ronnie does, can be done again by someone else if they're willing to put in work...what Messi does is seldom seen, Cruijff, Pele, Maradona and a couple others were also uniquely talented like Messi....I feel like if Robben - remember 2010 - for example or even Bale wouldn't be so injury prone, they could have surpassed Ronnie...

Another thing is that both are a bit overrated...they've dominated the awards but didn't deserve to win it all as they did. Messi winning best player of the wc 2014 for example when there clearly were better players and Iniesta should have atleast won one ballon d'or during the Spanish hegemony...Even Sneijder had one prime season - was 2009/2010 I believe - won uefa European player of the year but got ignored by Fifa...the season he dominated Europe with Jose's Inter and reached the world cup final...

Ronaldo does have mad skills though, he loves using that 'chop' move I think its called, he has crazy skill and trick moves in his locker... In his prime he could basically take players on and beats them however he liked... Also IMO he kinda revolutionised free kick taking too... He can still score metal goals from miles out too, that isnt something that any player can teach, its something that he had to work on and bring out of himself, but its just like any player working hard to get the best out of him... I agree though the way Messi takes players on with the ball stuck to his foot and then puts in a cheeky finish is amazing to watch and is something that is pretty much pure natural ability...
  • water ur seeds
    edited December 2017

u2nabxugzcf5.png

What are season ticket prices looking like @water ur seeds ?

Adults are near enough £58 per month, for where we sit I think its a dope price... But if they stay up it bet the price is gonna rise a fair bit for next season...
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like Ronaldo had to work ALOT harder to squeeze every ounce of his potential out of him, whereas Messi was more naturally gifted (regardless of the *alleged* HGH Barca fed him as a kid)... But I rank Ronaldo as better all round player...

Like Fergie I think told Ronaldo he needed work on his heading, so I believe that summer Ronaldo spent daum near every day with weights on his ankles practicing his heading and came back with the hang time of Michael Jordan and scoring mad headers...

Another story is him getting kicked to schitt and bullied in the EPL, so he bulked and became a beast, so I feel like he worked on all his weakness and things that hampered his game and overcame them... Now he has gotten older he has adapted his game again trying to get round something no one can out run forever, father time... You gotta respect his hustle...

I respect his hustle but personally prefer talent/skills over muscle, what Ronnie does, can be done again by someone else if they're willing to put in work...what Messi does is seldom seen, Cruijff, Pele, Maradona and a couple others were also uniquely talented like Messi....I feel like if Robben - remember 2010 - for example or even Bale wouldn't be so injury prone, they could have surpassed Ronnie...

Another thing is that both are a bit overrated...they've dominated the awards but didn't deserve to win it all as they did. Messi winning best player of the wc 2014 for example when there clearly were better players and Iniesta should have atleast won one ballon d'or during the Spanish hegemony...Even Sneijder had one prime season - was 2009/2010 I believe - won uefa European player of the year but got ignored by Fifa...the season he dominated Europe with Jose's Inter and reached the world cup final...

Ronaldo does have mad skills though, he loves using that 'chop' move I think its called, he has crazy skill and trick moves in his locker... In his prime he could basically take players on and beats them however he liked... Also IMO he kinda revolutionised free kick taking too... He can still score metal goals from miles out too, that isnt something that any player can teach, its something that he had to work on and bring out of himself, but its just like any player working hard to get the best out of him... I agree though the way Messi takes players on with the ball stuck to his foot and then puts in a cheeky finish is amazing to watch and is something that is pretty much pure natural ability...

So much so his freekick record is now awful
  • water ur seeds

Yeah but I dont think Beck's record was actually that good either though was it??? They have just scored important ones... Plus keepers now know what to look for I guess... Thinking about it, do many players who take regular free kicks have good stats??? Funny I saw Coutinho taking practice free kicks at an OPEN GOAL in the warm up the other week, he missed target 3 times in a row, it was hilarious, he then walked off the pitch looking like a wasteman.... But then scored one with the last kick of the game lol
  • HundredEyes

Yeah but I dont think Beck's record was actually that good either though was it??? They have just scored important ones... Plus keepers now know what to look for I guess... Thinking about it, do many players who take regular free kicks have good stats??? Funny I saw Coutinho taking practice free kicks at an OPEN GOAL in the warm up the other week, he missed target 3 times in a row, it was hilarious, he then walked off the pitch looking like a wasteman.... But then scored one with the last kick of the game lol

Juninho, Pierre Van Hooijdonk, Mihalovic etc....? Recoba might have better stats. Ronaldo did a lot of things but he didn't revolutionize free kicks man...he did revolutionize Man U supporterz fanboyism lol
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Armenia midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan, 28, was dropped by Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho after a row between the two men during a video analysis session at the club's training ground last month. (ESPN)

The Gunners could lose eight players next summer as boss Arsene Wenger braces himself for his biggest-ever squad shake-up. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele has found £1m of lost treasure in the cellar of a 700-year-old building in Antwerp. (London Evening Standard)
  • DNB1
    Bentekkers is back!