• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Lol @ Batali giving out a recipe inside of an apology

DRIMxO5UQAAQe1E.jpg

i think 2017 is the year of not giving a ? , lmao smh
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    I have no doubt that some of these dudes did some out of line ? , but like someone said, this is basically becoming a witch hunt. At this point, dudes are being fired over allegations and nothing more. That's crazy. Any chick that has beef with a dude can accuse him of sexually harassing her, which could basically be anything and that's enough to put him in hot water.

It don't seem to be that simple in majority of these cases. Look at Matt Lauer. His firing seems quick til they came out and said they had been investigating him for months already. Alot of these networks seem to now be just doing private investigations into these claims and then going public with the info all at once. That's part of why it seems so sudden. Now the fact that all these investigations seem to be concluding at the same time is suspect and shows that they've known about these ? for a while, knew a storm was brewing, and were trying to preemptively cover their ass.

I don't know. I mean I get the feeling that everyone men and women, have known about this ? , but just accepted it. Now a few people have come out, and everyone is trying to retroactively hold people responsible for things done in the past. For egregious ? , I get that, but if there was a general culture was some things were just seen as accepted, I think it's a little ? up to go back and hold everyone accountable. I'm fine with saying certain behavior is wrong and should cease. I just don't think its right for a chick to go along with some ? for ten years like it's cool, and then suddenly come out as a victim without ever actually calling the dude out on the wrongdoing.

Like I read about this ? with Selma Hayek and Harvey Weinstein. Basically, she wanted to do a movie and he agreed to fund it. The whole time they were making the movie, he was propositioning her. He's a ? for that. However, if she never called him on it and just dealt with it, why would she have thought that he would stop. Finally, he gave her an ultimatium that either she add a naked ? sex scene of herself and someone else in the movie, or he'd pull funding. Again, he's a ? for that, but she wasn't forced to have that scene as she claims. She chose to have it. She could have walked, but she didn't. I understand she had reasons that made it hard to do so, but doing that is taking a stand and would have been worthy of praise. I'm just having a hard time applauding these chicks for coming out of the woodwork years later to pile on after its become a movement. That said if even a tenth of the ? that is being claimed is true these dudes are wildin to an unbelievable extent.

the piling on is ppl trying to change the culture

believe the thinking is, if i come forward to speak on what happened to me in 1999 and shad light on what often happens behind the scenes with these powerful exes it may give another aspiring actor or intern who is dealing with the ? today strength/inspiration to do the same

and let's not pretend like 5 or even 10 years ago these accusations were or would have been treated as they are today

there's also the believability factor.... if a young intern comes forward with accusations against a rich and powerful man/woman often times the reaction is the accuser is "just looking for a come up", "a jilted lover", "so and so would never do that". see the pattern? ... the more women come forward it only does more to bolster the accusers claims... a woman of selma's status and stature in the industry furthers helps this cause

and you don't think the accusers who come forward years or even decades later, you think it's easy for them to do so when they see that their abuser has continue to abuse and exploit others? no one is trying to excuse her from being silent

I feel you. I'm not really condemning the piling on. I understand that it's necessary to make the changes. I just don't think they are what people are making them to be. They are doing their part, but it's not the same as taking that initial step. Anyways, like I said, I'm not bashing Salma or the others, I just don't like that they characterize what happened to them as being forced because there are people who are forced to do things they don't want and that's a different matter.

These women aren't totally innocent

Ppl have to find the courage to say no...

But their actions were influenced by someone of a higher positions threatening to take something away as punishment or threatening punishment if the person does not follow instructions

What would you call that?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no doubt that some of these dudes did some out of line ? , but like someone said, this is basically becoming a witch hunt. At this point, dudes are being fired over allegations and nothing more. That's crazy. Any chick that has beef with a dude can accuse him of sexually harassing her, which could basically be anything and that's enough to put him in hot water.

It don't seem to be that simple in majority of these cases. Look at Matt Lauer. His firing seems quick til they came out and said they had been investigating him for months already. Alot of these networks seem to now be just doing private investigations into these claims and then going public with the info all at once. That's part of why it seems so sudden. Now the fact that all these investigations seem to be concluding at the same time is suspect and shows that they've known about these ? for a while, knew a storm was brewing, and were trying to preemptively cover their ass.

I don't know. I mean I get the feeling that everyone men and women, have known about this ? , but just accepted it. Now a few people have come out, and everyone is trying to retroactively hold people responsible for things done in the past. For egregious ? , I get that, but if there was a general culture was some things were just seen as accepted, I think it's a little ? up to go back and hold everyone accountable. I'm fine with saying certain behavior is wrong and should cease. I just don't think its right for a chick to go along with some ? for ten years like it's cool, and then suddenly come out as a victim without ever actually calling the dude out on the wrongdoing.

Like I read about this ? with Selma Hayek and Harvey Weinstein. Basically, she wanted to do a movie and he agreed to fund it. The whole time they were making the movie, he was propositioning her. He's a ? for that. However, if she never called him on it and just dealt with it, why would she have thought that he would stop. Finally, he gave her an ultimatium that either she add a naked ? sex scene of herself and someone else in the movie, or he'd pull funding. Again, he's a ? for that, but she wasn't forced to have that scene as she claims. She chose to have it. She could have walked, but she didn't. I understand she had reasons that made it hard to do so, but doing that is taking a stand and would have been worthy of praise. I'm just having a hard time applauding these chicks for coming out of the woodwork years later to pile on after its become a movement. That said if even a tenth of the ? that is being claimed is true these dudes are wildin to an unbelievable extent.

believe the thinking is, if i come forward to speak on what happened to me in 1999 and shad light on what often happens behind the scenes with these powerful exes it may give another aspiring actor or intern who is dealing with the ? today strength/inspiration to do the same

and let's not pretend like 5 or even 10 years ago these accusations were or would have been treated as they are today

there's also the believability factor.... if a young intern comes forward with accusations against a rich and powerful man/woman often times the reaction is the accuser is "just looking for a come up", "a jilted lover", "so and so would never do that". see the pattern? ... the more women come forward it only does more to bolster the accusers claims... a woman of selma's status and stature in the industry furthers helps this cause

and you don't think the accusers who come forward years or even decades later, you think it's easy for them to do so when they see that their abuser has continue to abuse and exploit others? no one is trying to excuse her from being silent

I feel you. I'm not really condemning the piling on. I understand that it's necessary to make the changes. I just don't think they are what people are making them to be. They are doing their part, but it's not the same as taking that initial step. Anyways, like I said, I'm not bashing Salma or the others, I just don't like that they characterize what happened to them as being forced because there are people who are forced to do things they don't want and that's a different matter.

But their actions were influenced by someone of a higher positions threatening to take something away as punishment or threatening punishment if the person does not follow instructions

An ultimatum, which is still a choice. It's a ? choice, but it's still a choice.

If my boss told me to suck his ? or I'd be fired. I'd make the choice to quit and sue his ass. That wouldn't be an easy path to take since I need the income, but I absolutely am not going to do the alternative. The same was the case for all these women. For a multitude of reasons that I'm sure they felt were right, they selected the seedier option. It's ? up that they were put in that position in the first place, but they still made a choice.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker

Yea,, how bout some ? accountability from the women.. who is enamored by the man in power an wants to advance their ? careers... you dont have to have a phd to be accountable.. There are some women who put themselves in these positions because they can see benefit from it. This is taught.. whether explicitly or not.. Character is way down on the list of important factors when choosing to engage in any type of relationship sadly.

There is a lot of scheming going on.. in some cases where it simply breaks down to ass for cash.. within that dynamic there are many branches where its more nuanced.. buts its the same ? .

There are prob some jilted lovers, bitter women

How would demanding accountability from these women look like though?

Seems like there has been concerted effort to encourage ppl to speak up and say no. Also seen a lot of the ppl coming forward criticized for not coming forward sooner

Which some women (and men) did in a lot of instances and they were punished for it

And moving forward if we are to help change the culture shouldn't the onus be on the ppl in positions of power and authority to conduct themselves with integrity and professionalism opposed to someone trying to pursuit their dreams and/or make a living
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

im tellin u these hoez be ? they coworkers, for years consensual now they see a,easy money grab
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Batali w the biggest ? not given
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Yea,, how bout some ? accountability from the women.. who is enamored by the man in power an wants to advance their ? careers... you dont have to have a phd to be accountable.. There are some women who put themselves in these positions because they can see benefit from it. This is taught.. whether explicitly or not.. Character is way down on the list of important factors when choosing to engage in any type of relationship sadly.

There is a lot of scheming going on.. in some cases where it simply breaks down to ass for cash.. within that dynamic there are many branches where its more nuanced.. buts its the same ? .

There are prob some jilted lovers, bitter women

How would demanding accountability from these women look like though?

Seems like there has been concerted effort to encourage ppl to speak up and say no. Also seen a lot of the ppl coming forward criticized for not coming forward sooner

Which some women (and men) did in a lot of instances and they were punished for it

And moving forward if we are to help change the culture shouldn't the onus be on the ppl in positions of power and authority to conduct themselves with integrity and professionalism opposed to someone trying to pursuit their dreams and/or make a living

Im talking about accountability in ones actions... there nothing to be done about holding people accountable for the game they are willing to play though.

And of course the people culture needs to change but can you trust people to. nope.. people really never change.. but you can not play the game to begin with for those.. that played the game.. not speaking to those that were flagrantly wronged/abused. Going forward we cant count on people willing to break the law/conduct/morality or what have you to stop their practices but we can put measures in place to make people accountable for those breaches.. but again for appropriate situations people need to have self accountability.. and something ive said often ... ambition for the sake of material gain and ambition shouldnt be your guiding light.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Lol @ Batali giving out a recipe inside of an apology

DRIMxO5UQAAQe1E.jpg

That looks good
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next up on the Summer Jam screen:

1215-gene-simmons-rockn-brews-3.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/15/gene-simmons-sued-for-sexual-assault-interview/

Gene Simmons is being sued for allegedly groping a woman during the opening of a restaurant last month.

The lawsuit -- filed by a Jane Doe -- claims she interviewed Simmons last month at the opening of a Rock & Brews in San Bernardino. The accuser claims during the interview, Gene reached over, grabbed her hand and forcibly placed it on his knee. She says it made her feel uncomfortable, but continued the interview.

The docs claim Gene grabbed the reporter's hand, commented on how soft it was and creepily suggested she must use lotion ... things got more weird when Simmons reached over and allegedly flicked the interviewer's throat.

The defendant says following that action, she did her best to stop the interview, but Gene tried to keep going. Finally, she claims he touched her ass when everyone posed for a group photo.

We reached out to a rep for Gene ... so far, no word back.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Sued"

Everyone is on a money grab.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker

An ultimatum, which is still a choice. It's a ? choice, but it's still a choice.

If my boss told me to suck his ? or I'd be fired. I'd make the choice to quit and sue his ass. That wouldn't be an easy path to take since I need the income, but I absolutely am not going to do the alternative. The same was the case for all these women. For a multitude of reasons that I'm sure they felt were right, they selected the seedier option. It's ? up that they were put in that position in the first place, but they still made a choice.

Ok...not sure anyone is trying to dispute that

But are they not victims of circumstance if the choice is do this or loose out on work

And a lot the women who are coming forward did not take the "easy" route

You have the women who spoke out and were silenced and or ignored

Not sure what y'all are looking for

We have a long history to putting the onus on the accuser for change opposed to the ppl in power

Today the table are turning ...because that obviously hasn't been an effective approach...or I'd argue all that ethical

With all that's going on I can see why men would feel vilified. Unless the offense is clearly out of bounds or criminal, think the focus should be addressing how to make sure ppl don't abuse their power opposed to pointing the finger at one group. Really believe we are all susceptible to doing things we wouldn't do otherwise or acting immorally when in a position of power
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i bet every secretary in hollywood gonna make a lie like "he wont remember if it happen or not" about to go on the low and just ask for a check and they wont say nothin to the higher ups lol
  • KingLuciano
    KingLuciano Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    ? ! This ? is getting crazier by the day!
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next up on the Summer Jam screen:

1215-gene-simmons-rockn-brews-3.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/15/gene-simmons-sued-for-sexual-assault-interview/

Gene Simmons is being sued for allegedly groping a woman during the opening of a restaurant last month.

The lawsuit -- filed by a Jane Doe -- claims she interviewed Simmons last month at the opening of a Rock & Brews in San Bernardino. The accuser claims during the interview, Gene reached over, grabbed her hand and forcibly placed it on his knee. She says it made her feel uncomfortable, but continued the interview.

The docs claim Gene grabbed the reporter's hand, commented on how soft it was and creepily suggested she must use lotion ... things got more weird when Simmons reached over and allegedly flicked the interviewer's throat.

The defendant says following that action, she did her best to stop the interview, but Gene tried to keep going. Finally, she claims he touched her ass when everyone posed for a group photo.

We reached out to a rep for Gene ... so far, no word back.

I totally know who Gene Simmons is, and for some reason my brain kept computing Sharon Osbourne's husband and I was reminding myself to watch "The Talk" tomorrow to see her reaction.
  • The Lonious Monk

Ok...not sure anyone is trying to dispute that

But are they not victims of circumstance if the choice is do this or loose out on work

And a lot the women who are coming forward did not take the "easy" route

You have the women who spoke out and were silenced and or ignored

Not sure what y'all are looking for

We have a long history to putting the onus on the accuser for change opposed to the ppl in power

Today the table are turning ...because that obviously hasn't been an effective approach...or I'd argue all that ethical

With all that's going on I can see why men would feel vilified. Unless the offense is clearly out of bounds or criminal, think the focus should be addressing how to make sure ppl don't abuse their power opposed to pointing the finger at one group. Really believe we are all susceptible to doing things we wouldn't do otherwise or acting immorally when in a position of power

Maybe you're mixing up what others are saying with what I'm saying. I believe some of these women may be full of ? or turning some things into what they aren't. But for the most part, I've already said they are victims. I just don't like them saying they were forced to do what they did because from what they say in their stories they weren't forced.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol terry crews man
    15097905.gif
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Sued"

His net worth is crazy. Dude is like a super jew. That KISS merchandise money is a monster in itself. That's not including the tour money.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not surprised on gene simmons
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

But some people might take the other option, you can't blame them
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Terry Crews really needs to ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

But some people might take the other option, you can't blame them

You do what you feel you have to do. I try not judge people in positions that I'm not. I'm just saying they should call it what it is and stop trying to exaggerate.