DC: Rebirth

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Thoughts on the current batman saga? Seems like theyre going out of their way to make ? lame af.

Tom King's Batman has been boring asf in general. This is really no different

I'm a newbie to this ? , followed comics religiously since rebirth started...before that it was a trade here and there...so I'm really not familiar with a lot of the writers...I just know that the ones who wrote regular Batman really shouldn't have been given the responsibility for writing such an iconic character...

Kinda sucks because Tom King wrote omega man and Grayson back in the new 52 and they were really good books, especially omega men, but like others have stated, i find his batman book pretty boring. I dont like the new batsuit either with the gold around the edges.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dumb, didnt see Jono's post saying basically the same ? i said lol.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Also DC fans, have fun dealing with Bendis and his ?

Oh hell no!!!
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just read the dark night metal hal jordan green lantern corps interference and Bruce is a gottdamn beast as a metal green lantern, made me cop the first 3 issues of dark nights....read the first n ? is suprisingly cool so far...
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    Its multiverse ? for those interested
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its multiverse ? for those interested

Its been a good event so far. I know some folks dislike Snyder (lol at two divisive Snyders involvement with DC Comics) but like you said, events dealing with the Multiverse is always interesting and thus far hasn't been bad.
  • Broddie
    Options
    I love multiversal stories but I'm sick of Batman centric narratives and never liked Scott Snyder's Batman work with Bruce (his run while ? had the cape and cowl was good) so it's been an easy skip for me. Let me know when Multiversity Too finally drops.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im starting tat tim drake story everyone is going nuts about. I love that they tie it in to A Lonely Place of Dying
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Doomsday Clock Thinking About Coping it Tomorrow Night
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Doomsday Clock Thinking About Coping it Tomorrow Night

Oh ? it's about to go down than lol
  • HundredEyes
    Options
    The build up to Dr. Manhattan has been interesting so far, I hope they can live up to the hype...
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Christopher Priest is on JL now? That's my entry point back into the book then. Issues I had that Bryan Hitch did were wack AF
  • Broddie
    Options
    I'll check it out but I hope it doesn't affect his writing on Deathstroke.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    There some new books coming out under the banner of The New Age Of DC Heroes. Set within current Universe, I believe aside from 1 book the rest are brand new characters:

The New Age of DC Heroes

There is a secret history to the DC Universe of heroes who have protected humanity from the shadows since the dawn of time…heroes who can live forever. Enter the Immortal Men! The team, headed by the Immortal Man, has waged a secret war against the House of Conquest for countless years—but Conquest has dealt a devastating blow. When their base of operations, known as the Campus, is savagely attacked, the Immortal Men must seek out their last hope—an emerging metahuman known as Caden Park! Caden’s emerging powers may be able to ensure the Immortal Men’s survival—but will Conquest get to him first?

CHECK OUT MORE THE IMMORTAL MEN

Joe Chamberlain is not just your average kid trying to get by in his chewed up and forgotten small town of York Hill—he also unknowingly made a deal with the devil that cursed him into BRIMSTONE! Now with the power of fire and destruction in the palms of his hands, Brimstone can turn his town around and seek revenge on the devil who cursed him—but in order to maintain his heroic form, Joe has to endure every second of the fiery pain burning from the inside out!

Characters live on borrowed time, running from death toward the greatest mysteries, wonders and terrors of the universe! It’s a new cast on a new mission with the history and greatness of the original Challengers of the Unknown. The story starts with Challengers Mountain returning after having been missing for years, and only gets wilder from there…

THE UNEXPECTED orbits around a group of heroes who yearn to show the world that they’re more than the sum of their past mistakes. It centers in on something we all face every day, wrestling with our pasts and the compromises we’ve made. THE UNEXPECTED is offering a second chance for these heroes, even if they don’t all know they want one.
  • Broddie
    Options
    All of these are old concepts just being reused. I thought they meant actual new characters like concepts they haven't done before. Last time Immortal Man popped up it ended up being one of their best comics in the last 5 years (Multiversity: SOS).
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Only part of the article was posted. Its 8 new books..

2ey8e4h.jpg

To my knowledge Damage,The Silencer and Sideways are newly created charcters.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Damage was a member of the JSA. Son of Al Pratt the first Atom.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Not same guy or powers same name..This Damage is Ethan Avery different power/skillset and no relation to Al Pratt or JSA.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman: White Knight is dope so far
    having 2 harley quinns was weird but it makes more and more sense when you think about it
  • larac95
    larac95 Members Posts: 3
    Options

Constantine, yes.. it gets a bit dark and the character constantly maintain the devil may care attitude in every situation