Options
    I copped them altogether so
    Luda- word of mouth
    Fab- gehtto fabolous
    Wayne- 500
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bootleg version of luda first album from the maintenance dont remember what version wit was tho the original or the re-released one

9mim2l3yfl4u.jpg

2h8bpmb7id82.jpg
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought mmlp, stankonia, and chronic 2001 at the same time. First albums I ever bought
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bootleg version of luda first album from the maintenance dont remember what version wit was tho the original or the re-released one

9mim2l3yfl4u.jpg

2h8bpmb7id82.jpg

I remember my ? P-Nut brought that Luda to a high school football game and was playing "? " in the stands. That ? was live as ? .
  • thagreat45
    thagreat45 Members Posts: 133 ✭✭
    Options
    2qt3dluesyvs.png

10th grade, feb. 2000, Record Archive, when it used to be one on Mt. Hope Ave. on the south side in Rochester, NY. Every time I had $10-$12 hopped the RTS Bus, the 8 Genesse Park Blvd to Strong Memorial Hospital to the record store across the street from the hospital.

They stayed wit Cash Money Classics. Had a desk in my room with the long flat front drawer. Open it up you'd see all they cassette tapes in chronological order. From BG True Story on down. That's all I ? wit in high school was the Hot Boy$ and Big Tymer$
  • pachá12
    pachá12 Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I couldn't Runnin Man enough to this tape...

il_570xN.992360287_m5fx.jpg
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First rap CD I ever bought, technically a single but I had to save my pocket money...

R-515525-1492798189-7648.jpeg.jpg

First rap album I bought with my own money, I remember buying with my I saved from my 11th or 12th birthday haha:

WillSmith-BigWillieStyle.jpg

That gangsta paradise ? was my jam. I was literally obsessed w that song!

Yeah, I think everyone rinsed that song!!! haha also on the single was 'Mama Im In Love Wit A Gangsta' and 'Fantastic Voyage', I loved all 3 of them tunes...
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1st album my pops bought for me was NWA - Niggaz4Life
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Outkast-big-boi-and-dre-present.jpg

5103ke31UtL._SX355_.jpg

I think I was like 13 maybe
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Don't laugh but
    album_large_74265_54b869e4446c8.jpg

I was 10
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't laugh but
    album_large_74265_54b869e4446c8.jpg

You went from this to ICP??? I had this album too though lol
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Source Hip Hop Hits vol. 2
    ql3dngunbugp.jpeg
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't judge me

220px-I_Got_That_Work.jpg

• spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    These are the first albums I owned, actually me and my brother shared them. I don't remember which one we got first.

R-9217871-1476992170-2563.jpeg.jpg

R-98794-1286533759.jpeg.jpg

O.G. wrote: »
    130212-grandmaster.jpg

In retrospect that ? was wack.

It was wack. I remember they had a couple of songs that were dope, including The Message, so we copped that album, along with The Wildstyle soundtrack with our Christmas money.

That Grandmaster Flash album was just like the Sugarhill Gang and Kurtis Blow albums. They were produced like R&B records and had ballads. As it turned out the record label execs didn't think anybody wanted to hear an album with rapping all the way throughout. Then Russell Simmons came around and made a fool of those record label execs.

[img]https://wtfbabe.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/deadpool-39-gif-? -youre-old-wtf-watch-the-film-saint-pauly.gif?w=648[/img]

I'm one of the few people on the IC that can remember what rap was like on Day 1.

Props...do you think this is the worst era of hip-hop?

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    spit_fiya wrote: »
    These are the first albums I owned, actually me and my brother shared them. I don't remember which one we got first.

130212-grandmaster.jpg

It was wack. I remember they had a couple of songs that were dope, including The Message, so we copped that album, along with The Wildstyle soundtrack with our Christmas money.

That Grandmaster Flash album was just like the Sugarhill Gang and Kurtis Blow albums. They were produced like R&B records and had ballads. As it turned out the record label execs didn't think anybody wanted to hear an album with rapping all the way throughout. Then Russell Simmons came around and made a fool of those record label execs.

[img]https://wtfbabe.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/deadpool-39-gif-? -youre-old-wtf-watch-the-film-saint-pauly.gif?w=648[/img]

I'm one of the few people on the IC that can remember what rap was like on Day 1.

I'd rather listen to Kurtis Blow, Sugarhill Gang and Grandmaster Flash than 9 out of 10 artists nowadays.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

130212-grandmaster.jpg

I'd rather listen to Kurtis Blow, Sugarhill Gang and Grandmaster Flash than 9 out of 10 artists nowadays.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

130212-grandmaster.jpg

Your ears hate you, b.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Outkast-big-boi-and-dre-present.jpg

5103ke31UtL._SX355_.jpg

I think I was like 13 maybe

I copped that Outkast and Get Rich Or Die Trying on the same day. I even had the pants Big Boi wearing on the cover. Copped em from Burlington Coat Factory. Copped a State Property fit from there too.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    What ever happened to outkast clothing?
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options