The Official 2017/18 Football/Soccer Thread

Comments

• Mseries_
    Mseries_ Members Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bigev240 wrote: »
    Figo wrote: »
    INB4 @Mseries_ comes in with New England Patriots post

You notice that too. After the last loss, he changed his Avis to the Pats and started taking about how they going to win the Super Bowl again.

e2n275a04mkd.jpeg
    tk1cjmcsek4n.gif
  • Mseries_
    edited December 2017
  • chgarcia345
    chgarcia345 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    Pusha T on why rappers wear football shirts

https://youtu.be/15a8TmkZLJ4

Lol at the end "let birdman make his own noises"
  • Mseries_
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mseries_ wrote: »

You notice that too. After the last loss, he changed his Avis to the Pats and started taking about how they going to win the Super Bowl again.

e2n275a04mkd.jpeg
    tk1cjmcsek4n.gif

tumblr_mht5oljr7a1qexr74o2_r1_500.gif
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even he knows Tottenham is ?

prcqwt8yo4jz.gif
  • Mseries_
    I think you might take a sabbatical from posting in here, alot of hatred in people's hearts right now
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you might take a sabbatical from posting in here, alot of hatred in people's hearts right now

The hall is watching
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

e2n275a04mkd.jpeg
    tk1cjmcsek4n.gif

That's nice and everything but my team is......

kcra8iigh3sp.jpg

• bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo @HundredEyes School me on Marcel Brands. I keep seeing him linked to our Technical Director position.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Yo @HundredEyes School me on Marcel Brands. I keep seeing him linked to our Technical Director position.

Can't yall just hire someone else lol. Thought he was incompetent cause he let Toivonen, Hutchinson, Labyad etc walk away but he signed some incredible players through the years...the latest one being Lozano and the new Argentinean talent - name is on the tip of my tongue but can't recall it - which we snatched away before Stuttgart...

Before he was with us, he worked at LVGs AZ and we all thought Van Gaal did all the great signings and Brands was just a puppet - cause Van Gaal is a control freak and a arrogant bastard lol - , turns out he has a great eye for talent and negotiation skills. A technical director like that is crucial for small teams like us but due to his work he deserves to show his skills at a big club like Chelsea.
  • HundredEyes
    Side note is that if he would work at Chelsea is that clubs would demand way more cash for a player than they would demand of PSV, which might be a challenge because he basically picks up quality players for budget prices just like Wenger used to do back in the day. Mofos would ask 3 mil from PSV but would probably demand 30 million if Chelsea comes knocking
  • HundredEyes
    He will probably get Van Ginkel back into the fray at Chelsea though...who I think is ready now...let's see if Contes successor - lmao - will be open for it...
  • HundredEyes
    Stay the hell away from Bergwijn though!
  • HundredEyes
    Unless y'all make him a starter lol can't have other Dutch talents rot on the bench somewhere lol
  • HundredEyes
    So...where all them posters at that said Pep wasn't about that prem life lol? Fam done got most consecutive wins in Spain, Deutschland and now England mayne
  • HundredEyes
    Fergie was there for a 100 years...Pep did it after a year n a half lmao
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like Ronaldo had to work ALOT harder to squeeze every ounce of his potential out of him, whereas Messi was more naturally gifted (regardless of the *alleged* HGH Barca fed him as a kid)... But I rank Ronaldo as better all round player...

Like Fergie I think told Ronaldo he needed work on his heading, so I believe that summer Ronaldo spent daum near every day with weights on his ankles practicing his heading and came back with the hang time of Michael Jordan and scoring mad headers...

Another story is him getting kicked to schitt and bullied in the EPL, so he bulked and became a beast, so I feel like he worked on all his weakness and things that hampered his game and overcame them... Now he has gotten older he has adapted his game again trying to get round something no one can out run forever, father time... You gotta respect his hustle...

I respect his hustle but personally prefer talent/skills over muscle, what Ronnie does, can be done again by someone else if they're willing to put in work...what Messi does is seldom seen, Cruijff, Pele, Maradona and a couple others were also uniquely talented like Messi....I feel like if Robben - remember 2010 - for example or even Bale wouldn't be so injury prone, they could have surpassed Ronnie...

Another thing is that both are a bit overrated...they've dominated the awards but didn't deserve to win it all as they did. Messi winning best player of the wc 2014 for example when there clearly were better players and Iniesta should have atleast won one ballon d'or during the Spanish hegemony...Even Sneijder had one prime season - was 2009/2010 I believe - won uefa European player of the year but got ignored by Fifa...the season he dominated Europe with Jose's Inter and reached the world cup final...

Ronaldo does have mad skills though, he loves using that 'chop' move I think its called, he has crazy skill and trick moves in his locker... In his prime he could basically take players on and beats them however he liked... Also IMO he kinda revolutionised free kick taking too... He can still score metal goals from miles out too, that isnt something that any player can teach, its something that he had to work on and bring out of himself, but its just like any player working hard to get the best out of him... I agree though the way Messi takes players on with the ball stuck to his foot and then puts in a cheeky finish is amazing to watch and is something that is pretty much pure natural ability...

So much so his freekick record is now awful

Yeah but I dont think Beck's record was actually that good either though was it??? They have just scored important ones... Plus keepers now know what to look for I guess... Thinking about it, do many players who take regular free kicks have good stats??? Funny I saw Coutinho taking practice free kicks at an OPEN GOAL in the warm up the other week, he missed target 3 times in a row, it was hilarious, he then walked off the pitch looking like a wasteman.... But then scored one with the last kick of the game lol

Juninho, Pierre Van Hooijdonk, Mihalovic etc....? Recoba might have better stats. Ronaldo did a lot of things but he didn't revolutionize free kicks man...he did revolutionize Man U supporterz fanboyism lol

You serious??? You got kids all over the world at school and in Sunday leagues standing like him with their hands on their hips before taking their freekicks lol... He was (imo) the first to stand straight on and hit the ball on the valve and get that up and over dip... JUNINHO yes did something similar the knuckleball technique??? Thought I thik Ronaldo took it to the next level and players like Bale etc followed suit etc... One reason I think Ronaldo took it to the next level and had so much success was he was lucky enough to be first around when these crazy new moving footballs came about that give keepers nightmares… Surely you have to admit Ronaldo helped take free kick taking to the next level??? And thats United bias aside...
  • HundredEyes
    I feel like Ronaldo had to work ALOT harder to squeeze every ounce of his potential out of him, whereas Messi was more naturally gifted (regardless of the *alleged* HGH Barca fed him as a kid)... But I rank Ronaldo as better all round player...

Like Fergie I think told Ronaldo he needed work on his heading, so I believe that summer Ronaldo spent daum near every day with weights on his ankles practicing his heading and came back with the hang time of Michael Jordan and scoring mad headers...

Another story is him getting kicked to schitt and bullied in the EPL, so he bulked and became a beast, so I feel like he worked on all his weakness and things that hampered his game and overcame them... Now he has gotten older he has adapted his game again trying to get round something no one can out run forever, father time... You gotta respect his hustle...

I respect his hustle but personally prefer talent/skills over muscle, what Ronnie does, can be done again by someone else if they're willing to put in work...what Messi does is seldom seen, Cruijff, Pele, Maradona and a couple others were also uniquely talented like Messi....I feel like if Robben - remember 2010 - for example or even Bale wouldn't be so injury prone, they could have surpassed Ronnie...

Another thing is that both are a bit overrated...they've dominated the awards but didn't deserve to win it all as they did. Messi winning best player of the wc 2014 for example when there clearly were better players and Iniesta should have atleast won one ballon d'or during the Spanish hegemony...Even Sneijder had one prime season - was 2009/2010 I believe - won uefa European player of the year but got ignored by Fifa...the season he dominated Europe with Jose's Inter and reached the world cup final...

Ronaldo does have mad skills though, he loves using that 'chop' move I think its called, he has crazy skill and trick moves in his locker... In his prime he could basically take players on and beats them however he liked... Also IMO he kinda revolutionised free kick taking too... He can still score metal goals from miles out too, that isnt something that any player can teach, its something that he had to work on and bring out of himself, but its just like any player working hard to get the best out of him... I agree though the way Messi takes players on with the ball stuck to his foot and then puts in a cheeky finish is amazing to watch and is something that is pretty much pure natural ability...

So much so his freekick record is now awful

Yeah but I dont think Beck's record was actually that good either though was it??? They have just scored important ones... Plus keepers now know what to look for I guess... Thinking about it, do many players who take regular free kicks have good stats??? Funny I saw Coutinho taking practice free kicks at an OPEN GOAL in the warm up the other week, he missed target 3 times in a row, it was hilarious, he then walked off the pitch looking like a wasteman.... But then scored one with the last kick of the game lol

Juninho, Pierre Van Hooijdonk, Mihalovic etc....? Recoba might have better stats. Ronaldo did a lot of things but he didn't revolutionize free kicks man...he did revolutionize Man U supporterz fanboyism lol

You serious??? You got kids all over the world at school and in Sunday leagues standing like him with their hands on their hips before taking their freekicks lol... He was (imo) the first to stand straight on and hit the ball on the valve and get that up and over dip... JUNINHO yes did something similar the knuckleball technique??? Thought I thik Ronaldo took it to the next level and players like Bale etc followed suit etc... One reason I think Ronaldo took it to the next level and had so much success was he was lucky enough to be first around when these crazy new moving footballs came about that give keepers nightmares… Surely you have to admit Ronaldo helped take free kick taking to the next level??? And thats United bias aside...

Lmao just stop it fam. Ronaldo ain't took free kick taking to another level, can't even tie Juninhos boots...not even Van Hooijdonks who was so good at that ? that back in his Feyenoord days - when they won the UEFA cup - team mates would do schwalbes outside the 16m cause him taking free kicks was like taking a pen lol. YouTube Juninho, Van Hooijdonk etc.

Kids worldwide imitated og Ronaldo - even with the 2002 haircut lol - Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho etc. That ? ain't exclusive to cr7...

I know that the argument might seem in your favour cause ironically Ronnie just scored a free kick winner yesterday but still, to say that he revolutionize free kick taking and claim that he took Juninhos technique to another lvl is the absolute proof youre a man U or Ronnie fanboy fam.

What's next, Ronnie took Maradona's Rushes to another lvl?
  • HundredEyes
    Ronald koeman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cr7 when it comes to free kicks

Don't Believe me? YouTube that ? fam
  • HundredEyes
    With all that said, Ronnie is definitely one of the greatest players I've seen in my lifetime and took athletics in the game to another lvl - phantom the likes of Gazza or Mendieta taking the game as serious as he does - a true sportsman...but he ain't revolutionize free kick taking just like Messi didn't - who has an outstanding record aswell btw - so yeah. Can't forget the ogs of the great game...

Wanna fight about it? Meet me at the Brighton pier around 8 later today.

zse3dnir9rq1.png