Anyone try online store "Brandless"?

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://brandless.com/

everything costs $3

Celebs are backing Brandless, which carries *healthy* products for $3

https://www.wellandgood.com/good-food/brandless-celebrity-investors-jessica-seinfeld-mindy-grossman/

When a brand commits to making healthy eating and clean beauty financially accessible, pretty much everyone (myself included), signs on as a fan. At Brandless, all items are just $3—organic oats and quinoa chips included. The company is in major expansion mode now, with a slew of celebrities jumping on the affordable bandwagon.

Brandless announced today in a press release that it enlisted 22 celebrities, athletes, and A-list investors to help build the brand through investment partnerships. Among them: NBA player Steph Curry, CEO of Weight Watchers Mindy Grossman, and cookbook author and philanthropist Jessica Seinfeld.

“It’s supporting profit and purpose coming together to do something much bigger than any product or company: to give everyone access to better.” —Mindy Grossman, Weight Watchers CEO

The development of big names supporting a burgeoning one is reminiscent of the trend of massive corporations buying and investing in indie health companies. And this wide support of Brandless is even more evidence that the accessibility of healthy food and drink options is increasingly important. “It’s supporting profit and purpose coming together to do something much bigger than any product or company: to give everyone access to better,” Grossman said in the press release.

Seinfeld feels similarly. “These quality products are the healthier and organic foods I want for my family, but now Brandless is making them accessible to the many instead of the few,” she said.

Let’s hope infamously pricey avocado products are coming down the Brandless pipeline next.

Celebrities are investing in other healthy ventures, too: Drake in matcha and Karlie Kloss in coconut-oil-based skin care.

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    ? ain't bout to cost $3 no more
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    They got organic honey on here ? . ? is like $10-15 everywhere else
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bout to check it out now.. have you or you just posting
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't trust celebrities.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It sounds cool, until some venture firm step in to buy it.

All these politically driven enterprises end up the same way. From various juice companies, to organic cereals etc they all eventually sell to some larger entity and what was good about it changes.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    It sounds cool, until some venture firm step in to buy it.

All these politically driven enterprises end up the same way. From various juice companies, to organic cereals etc they all eventually sell to some larger entity and what was good about it changes.

That's why I'm fina buy now
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *googles brandless reviews*
    The new website where everything costs $3 is not worth it — here's why

We did a price comparison between 24 products you'd find at Brandless and products you'd find at Trader Joe's and Trader Joe's came out on top.

Only four products out of the 24 that we price-checked were actually a better deal at Brandless. We found that although the $3 prices sounds like a good idea on the surface, the product sizes are usually pretty small for the cost. Take for instance a $3 jar of 12-ounces of mayonnaise, which is a whopping $.25 an ounce.

Here's the full cost breakdown.

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-website-where-everything-costs-3-not-worth-it-2017-7

Even though Trader Joe's came out on top, you may want to give Brandless a try sometimes because every online order donates a meal to charity.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You get what you pay for, so that's no surprise.
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I figured trader joes would be more cost effective but since there isn't one close enough to me, ? it. Lemme hit up brandless
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should compare em to the 99 Cent Store or Dollar Tree
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just checked it out. Looks pretty good and they carry a lot of ? I buy. Ill try them out.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    I figured trader joes would be more cost effective but since there isn't one close enough to me, ? it. Lemme hit up brandless
    You have to buy roughly 24 items to bring yourself up to the thresh hold($72) for free shipping or something.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Generally speaking, if a new company or product comes out and the only think you know about if a press release from the company, you should probably wait for real reviews to come out or do your own research.

Every press release is just going to say how great the company is, how its a game changer & its helping the envirnment/ community ( especially if the company is out of cali).

• atribecalledgabi
    edited December 2017
    Options
    You have to buy roughly 24 items to bring yourself up to the thresh hold($72) for free shipping or something.

Shipping is only a dollar otherwise right? I'll eat that. Unless I read wrong.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? it was $5 a couple months back

3 sounds good to a ?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I want a trader joes nearby so ? bad. Never been to one, but i see a lot of their products online and the place seems amazing.

Will check this out. Probably not much i can buy, but ill at least peep.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I’d advise you to look at the container/package weight sizes and compare to safeway (or whatever chain you shop) or even amazon fresh online store before thinking the $3 price tag on brandless is a really good deal. A lot of the weights are small and should be $3 or less.

Everything I’ve compared to Safeway’s online store is the same or cheaper on safeway (organic yellow mustard, organic vegetable stock, organic tomato sauce).

If it’s black owned or you live in a good desert, maybe support it...otherwise I don’t see any deals yet...at least of what I’ve looked at.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options

Shipping is only a dollar otherwise right? I'll eat that. Unless I read wrong.

A dollar? ? maybe I read ? wrong.