She's Gotta Have It | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

Options
13»

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    The ? is just all over the place...I actually cancelled my netflix a couple weeks ago so I got til tomorrow til my plan is up. I was gonna finish watching today cuz I got time......but nah. I'm good on this show lol. I hope it gets better toward the end
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see what y'all are talking about honestly. It's a good show nothing groundbreaking it is not the wire or anything but it's an entertaining show.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    I don't see what y'all are talking about honestly. It's a good show nothing groundbreaking it is not the wire or anything but it's an entertaining show.

I'm glad you like it....? just don't really flow to me. It's too many things going on at once that don't need to be there
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Compared to the movie it's fluffy... the tone of the movie was subtle

I agree with Gabi. There's so much going on in this show and 30 years removed from the movie probably Spike done forgot about its premise

However I like the music and how they show the artwork as a song finishes. That's dope
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked the show no complaints at all
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Oh and I'm surprised none of you heathens talked about that lesbian scene lol
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Girl action... wundaba
  • inori
    inori Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    checkin this out... I agree with previous posters that have said this ? is a lil heavy handed but its aite....Ima support it based on the mostly black cast..

That nose ring ? is a bit distracting to me tho lol
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    I finished the whole of it last night...

One thing you can't accuse Spike of is shying away from Blackness in his films. No matter the context or plot of his screenplays race must be an underlying factor...

I liked the ode to Prince with the last episode but it's evident Spike was trying to appeal to the LGBT crowd with that 'portrait' and feminists in the second or third episode

I've read varying reviews on it and some share my views. I don't really think this series was necessary. The movie was groundbreaking for its time. Spike even said his wife pitched the idea for a series around the film first...
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white715 wrote: »

I'm glad you like it....? just don't really flow to me. It's too many things going on at once that don't need to be there

I like it but it did turn for me

it went from Nola's story right into social and cultural issues and back all while playing as some sort of soundtrack

then the poems lol

I hate musicals and random long poems in movies

these ? scrolled the text on the screen in red letters

for like 8 minutes lmao
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For what it’s worth, I thought it was a dope adaptation of the movie.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all negros hate anything black. This show was fun and different from beginning to end. I love the scenery of NYC in the fall and winter and this captures it beautifully. The characters are unique and all feed off each other. I loved the music and the bright colors also
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Y'all negros hate anything black. This show was fun and different from beginning to end. I love the scenery of NYC in the fall and winter and this captures it beautifully. The characters are unique and all feed off each other. I loved the music and the bright colors also

You didn't say anything about the story...which is why ppl are saying they didn't like it. Foh with this "I watched on mute" ass analysis lol
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't let her talk to U like That @texas409 .....Lmao
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    Spike just made a series for the millennials: the social media generation. He harped on excessive gentrification in Brooklyn which was a noble thing to do: it's his hood. I also noticed Nola in the series was a cry baby compared to the one in the movie who was strong willed and more assertive with the men. Hardly shed a tear apart from the time she was ?

It's a good thing the movie was added recently to Netflix.... saw that and it's still a lovely debut. Looking at NYC through the 80s

The movie >>>
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »

You didn't say anything about the story...which is why ppl are saying they didn't like it. Foh with this "I watched on mute" ass analysis lol

fight.gif
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    The movie was wack