•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they believe I believe
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Anit the team worth 2 billion? Diddy don’t got that type of money

and he gonna cash out its value at 2.3 but since he gettin pushed out he gonna try to get 3 bil least or close to that
    here a list of buyers from forbes

Jon Bon Jovi: The rocker couldn't afford the Panthers on his own, but Bon Jovi and his partners were the runners up in the 2014 sale of the Buffalo Bills for $1.4 billion to Terry and Kim Pegula. Bon Jovi's group bid $1.05 billion for the Bills, which are the NFL's least valuable team.

David Tepper: The hedge fund titan owns a 5% stake in the Pittsburgh Steelers. Tepper, 60, would have no trouble funding a purchase, with significant cash holdings as part of his $11 billion net worth.

Jeff Bezos: The Amazon founder is now the richest person on the planet at $99.8 billion as of Monday morning. Bezos has not expressed interest in buying a pro sports team but could certainly afford it and has made outside the box investments like his purchase of the Washington Post. Bezos could be an invaluable resource to the NFL as it sorts out its future streaming options for its games.

John Sall: Sall co-founded SAS with Goodnight and ranks as North Carolina's second richest resident. The pair own a country club and hotel together.

Michael Jordan: MJ is worth an estimated $1.4 billion, with roughly $600 million of his net worth tied up in his 90% stake in the Charlotte Hornets. Jordan took control of the Hornets with $25 million in cash while absorbing $150 million in debt and agreeing to fund future losses. Control of the Panthers will require a much bigger check. Jordan recently participated in the $1.2 billion Miami Marlins purchase, taking a stake estimated to be less than 1%.

James Goodnight: The co-founder of analytics software firm SAS is North Carolina's richest resident at $9.9 billion. The 74-year-old still runs the company and could write the check for the Panthers easier than anyone else from North Carolina.

Bruton Smith: The founder and chairman of Speedway Motorsports is one of the most common names associated with buying the Panthers due to his experience in sports. SMI manages eight Nascar tracks. His fortune was valued by Forbes at $1 billion in March but the value of Smith's Sonic Automotive car dealerships are down since then. Another red flag: Smith is also 90 years old.

Steve and Jerry Wordsworth: The Wordsworths are the biggest minority shareholders of the team with an estimated 16%. The family is North Carolina royalty. They sold Meadowbrook Meat Company to Berkshire Hathaway's McLane Company in 2012.

Levine Family: The family owns around 10% of the team. Leon Levine founded Family Dollar in 1959 and the Levines ran the company, headquartered in the Charlotte suburbs, until its sale to Dollar Tree in 2015 for $9.1 billion. The Levines are major philanthropists in North Carolina.

Belk Family: They owns roughly 5% of the team. The South's first family of retail sold its department store chain in 2015 for roughly $2.7 billion, ending a 127-year corporate dynasty.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    naw, ? the kap thing...it aint got nothing to do with taking a knee and all about performance. Lets face it. Charlotte a cool city, I live here, but its also kind of white bread. The way some of these people are here I can see them refusing to support the team if diddy took over. Not only that but Richardson's mindset is one carried by many in the area, so for anyone else to come in and try to do things another way may force them to move to be successful regardless if they happen to be black or white.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaep ain’t gon be involed.

His money is peanuts and would not have ANY say in anything regarding the team.
  • PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ILL wrote: »
    ? ? it up by blasting it already. Now folks are going to start scheming against whatever group they put together (especially if Kap is in it) instead of being caught off guard. You're supposed to make your big moves in silence. Still hope they get something going, though.

It's a publicity stunt
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PureYang wrote: »
    ? ? it up by blasting it already. Now folks are going to start scheming against whatever group they put together (especially if Kap is in it) instead of being caught off guard. You're supposed to make your big moves in silence. Still hope they get something going, though.

It's a publicity stunt
    Might as well be.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you guys are missing the point about Kap.

When Diddy buys the team Kap will be the starting quarterback.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    ? keep saying "He ain't got the money" like it ain't been said multiple times majority of all sports franchises have multiple owners and aren't owned by just 1 person on their own. @2stepz_ahead I think you're getting some of the answers you wanted to your "How come more people don't start their own business" thread
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    5 Grand wrote: »

Lmao even that ? aint dumb enough to bench cam for kap lol
  • PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend of mine who is very well off and well acquainted w/ diddy hit him up to see if he could get in on it.

He said it's a publicity stunt. You don't gather potential investment partners thru ? Twitter.

Things could always change but that's what it is as of now
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »

Yeah ? cam newton huh who just went to a superbowl 2 years ago...n is one of the best dual threat qbs ever
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    blackrain wrote: »
    ? keep saying "He ain't got the money" like it ain't been said multiple times majority of all sports franchises have multiple owners and aren't owned by just 1 person on their own. @2stepz_ahead I think you're getting some of the answers you wanted to your "How come more people don't start their own business" thread

So like someone said earlier, he can own 0.000002% of the team??? You know much of the nets jay z owned?? Barely any of it, 0.15% actually and we all kno how much bread that dude has so sure, kap technically could buy into it
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trump about to try and buy em and make everybody stand
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Are we pretending black entertainers have the bread to borrow to buy the team?

This aint free market, even if they had the dough, the other owners would have to co sign
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator

It's a publicity stunt

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    farris2k1 wrote: »

So like someone said earlier, he can own 0.000002% of the team??? You know much of the nets jay z owned?? Barely any of it, 0.15% actually and we all kno how much bread that dude has so sure, kap technically could buy into it

Yeah I do know that...my comment was to the people saying "He ain't got the money. The Panthers are worth billions" as if when a team is for sale just 1 person pops up to buy it
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not about the money, Puff got the connects to get the money. It's about whether he'll get voted in, which he wouldn't.

It's not impossible, because I can see him as a minority owner like a Jay-Z on the Nets minority owner
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here goes the video
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

yep....i been getting those answers....i just needed ? to post their reason while i sort thru some ? for my next step.

funny...? never know when someone is watching .
    never know when opportunity is looking.

smdh
  • 2stepz_ahead
    A friend of mine who is very well off and well acquainted w/ diddy hit him up to see if he could get in on it.

He said it's a publicity stunt. You don't gather potential investment partners thru ? Twitter.

Things could always change but that's what it is as of now

you can get potential partners thru twitter.

wtf
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Are we pretending black entertainers have the bread to borrow to buy the team?

This aint free market, even if they had the dough, the other owners would have to co sign

the only part of this that makes sense is the bolded.