Final Destination 2k17- Amtrak DERAILED

MistyKnight
MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
An Amtrak train traveling from Seattle to Portland, Ore., derailed near a highway overpass in Tacoma on Monday morning, causing at least multiple deaths and injuries, officials there say.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/live-amtrak-train-derails-washington-state-multiple-deaths-reported-170626739.html?soc_trk=gcm&soc_src=7fa3e636-f5f1-3e5e-bc73-e15fa8fa8d10&.tsrc=notification-brknews

up9x1scv1gdj.jpg

Comments

• LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn. And I'm going to Seattle in a month
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did your president use it to promote his agenda instead of sending his condolences.... Can't make it up
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw this on the news.

It seems Amtrak has a derailment every six months.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take the train to new Orleans when I go and some times the conductor be hauling ass feel like it's about to come off the rails. This really sucks did they say why or the cause
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightrails ftw
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Previously, officials—including those from Amtrak—had warned of the risks that fast trains posed to pedestrians and vehicles near rail crossings in particular. “We want to make sure as many people as possible understand what’s going on, understand we are starting a new service on December 18, and ensure that they know how to stay safe around the railroad tracks,” Janet Matkin of the Washington State Department of Transportation said at a public presentation earlier this month, according to a December 4 KOMO-TV report.
    At that meeting, Don Anderson, the mayor of Lakewood, Washington, repeated concerns he had raised for years, warning that deaths were inevitable. “Come back when there is that accident, and try to justify not putting in those safety enhancements, or you can go back now and advocate for the money to do it, because this project was never needed and endangers our citizens,” Anderson said, according to KOMO
    Train 501 was going 81.1 mph moments before the derailment, the Associated Press reported.
    In an initial emergency call at 7:37 a.m., captured by Broadcastify.com, an operator at the rear of the train described the damage. “We’ve got cars everywhere and down onto the highway,” he radioed.
    https://youtu.be/j_IaMOCdDF8
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 3 things I want to witness:

1. A plane crash and explode
    2. A train derail at a high speed
    3. A human spontaneously combust
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    They were speeding. This was the inaugural voyage, this line was brand new smh