The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Homeland_Season_6.jpg

Jus binged Homeland S6. I was about to bail on this show after trash ass S5. But S6 was a huge improvement. I dug it. Shout out to OG Quinn.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    orville is actually a good show. a more humorous star trek
  • marc123
    loveyouamerica-e1507564048927.jpg

Jus binged the 1st 10 eps of sarah silvermans talk show. Cool show imo, i dig it. She has some great guests.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching ash vs evil dead on netflix. They put 2 seasons up. Watched this when it first dropped and loved it, but waiting for new episodes made me forget aboUT it. Show is funny as ? and a great show if you love the evil dead series.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Watching ash vs evil dead on netflix. They put 2 seasons up. Watched this when it first dropped and loved it, but waiting for new episodes made me forget aboUT it. Show is funny as ? and a great show if you love the evil dead series.

Damn I wanted to watch that too but I got rid of my netflix
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »

Damn I wanted to watch that too but I got rid of my netflix

Might end up on hulu soon! Should check it out somehow though, definitely worth the watch. Almost done with season 1 already, cant turn it off haha. Bruce Campbell is so ? funny in this. The writing for the jokes is pretty Damn good. Still has all the horror and sometimes cheesy ? from the original films too.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2017
    Just peeped a doc on hulu called "batman and bill"

Such a dope documentary and something I never knew despite my love for comics. The doc is about the creator rights to batman. Way way back in the day, Bob Kane was asked to create a superhero after folks saw the success of superman. He came up with a rough idea but knew a man named bill finger who was a ghostwriter in the industry. Bill put his spin on batman and created his character design and Bob kane turned it in. Because Bob was the only one who was communicating with the company, his name was the only name that appeared for credit. Bill finger wrote all the early batman stories and created a bunch of huge characters like joker, penguin, riddler, the city of gotham, and the back story of batman. Tons of more famous villains and characters too. But Bob made no mention of him for years and denied bills involvement for a long time giving off the impression that he was the only creator.

It was always a legend in the comicbook history until this director started doing research on the story in the 90s. The story develops and you learn a bunch about finger and batman's history in media. After both Bob and bill had passed, the director finally got a way for dc to acknowledge bill finger as batman's co creator for the first time in the opening credits of batman v superman.

Really awesome story and highly recommend the doc. Bob Kane lived his life to the fullest while being credited as batman's only creator while bill finger was a struggling writer who died poor watching the character he created become a worldwide phenomenon.

• Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half way thru S2 of El Chapo that just came out. Its a more mexican version of Narcos lolol.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

rip.dilla wrote: »

Probably seen more. To be continued...

florida-project.jpg

I be forgetting ? I've seen... :)

Saw this two weeks ago with fam on the big screen...

Poverty, state welfare, hoodrats = ratchetedness, indecent exposure to minors and juvenile delinquency all highlighted in a sad and sorry state in arguably the richest country on Earth. The irony being all this social ills happens just a stones throw from Disney's attraction park which plays a role at the end of the film...

With the exception of Willlem Dafoe as a motel manager this is almost like a real time documentary.

I liked it. It was interesting and the fact most of the cast were unknowns worked.

Little girl performed brilliantly. I think she gonna get an Oscar nom

4/5

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably seen more. To be continued...

florida-project.jpg

I be forgetting ? I've seen... :)

Saw this two weeks ago with fam on the big screen...

Poverty, state welfare, hoodrats = ratchetedness, indecent exposure to minors and juvenile delinquency all highlighted in a sad and sorry state in arguably the richest country on Earth. The irony being all this social ills happens just a stones throw from Disney's attraction park which plays a role at the end of the film...

With the exception of Willlem Dafoe as a motel manager this is almost like a real time documentary.

I liked it. It was interesting and the fact most of the cast were unknowns worked.

Little girl performed brilliantly. I think she gonna get an Oscar nom

4/5

Damn kat doing movies now.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marc123 wrote: »
    loveyouamerica-e1507564048927.jpg

Jus binged the 1st 10 eps of sarah silvermans talk show. Cool show imo, i dig it. She has some great guests.

Damn they still trying to force this ? down people throats to make her a star!?

Never found her funny at all.
  • D. Morgan
    This was a wild ass movie!!
    67015_front.jpg
  • D. Morgan
    Did yall the see the 30 min feature they did on Hundred Eyes for Marco Polo
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • atribecalledgabi
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    maxresdefault.jpg

Yep. The only redeeming quality about @HundredEyes is who he named his sn after. It's ? him otherwise lol
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been watching Dark on netflix. Still haven't finished but its been good so far. Think stranger things directed by david fincher with time travel in Germany.
    When two children go missing in a small German town, its sinful past is exposed along with the double lives and fractured relationships that exist among four families as they search for the kids. The mystery-drama series introduces an intricate puzzle filled with twists that includes a web of curious characters, all of whom have a connection to the town's troubled history -- whether they know it or not. The story includes supernatural elements that tie back to the same town in 1986. "Dark" represents the first German original series produced for Netflix.

pti7otf0ncc5.jpg
  • marc123
    67015_front.jpg

Jus peeped the trailer! How did this movie pass me by? Looks like my kinda movie, gone watch this asap.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxresdefault.jpg

Yep. The only redeeming quality about @HundredEyes is who he named his sn after. It's ? him otherwise lol

c8jaaznqbjdv.gif
  • D. Morgan
    maxresdefault.jpg

LLS, damn never knew thats where his sn came from.

I agree he really doing that man name a disservice.
  • D. Morgan
    marc123 wrote: »
    67015_front.jpg

Jus peeped the trailer! How did this movie pass me by? Looks like my kinda movie, gone watch this asap.

Let me know what think after you watch it.
  • atribecalledgabi
    @HundredEyes fight back like the real hundred eyes would!!!
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtrb442ffx38.jpg

Fire.

caught this last night. was ? dope. good drop
  • atribecalledgabi
    maxresdefault.jpg

c8jaaznqbjdv.gif

I'm fina start black sails now cuz of you
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxresdefault.jpg

c8jaaznqbjdv.gif

You wont regret it if you make it past the slow first season gab, season 3 n 4 are GOT lvl even outshines it at one point imo. Great character development
  • atribecalledgabi
    maxresdefault.jpg

c8jaaznqbjdv.gif

You wont regret it if you make it past the slow first season gab, season 3 n 4 are GOT lvl even outshines it at one point imo. Great character development

Yea I finished the first episode and I wasn't impressed lol. I'll keep watching tho since you said it's good
  • D. Morgan
    maxresdefault.jpg

c8jaaznqbjdv.gif

Yea I finished the first episode and I wasn't impressed lol. I'll keep watching tho since you said it's good

It was OK IMO. I got frustrated with it and didn't even finish the series. I will at some point but I ain't in a rush to get it done.

With this show the high points are really high and low points are really ? low and I just got tired of the low points.