edited December 2017
    Options
    Wu-Tang
    ^^^^^^This ? trippn....^^^^
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Death Row
    Cant compare the two equally but Death Row influenced hip hop more for me. Also by seeing how people overseas in the late 90s loved Pac, Snoop and Dre, I am not the only one.

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu-Tang
    bck145 wrote: »
    gee757 wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    It ain't fair deathrow is a label that sold more records than Wu Tang..... deathrow had bigger artists than Wu Tang.... deathrow had rza chain on tour out west till 2pac gave it back cuz he loved Wu Tang......there just ain't no comparing a group & a label especially when Wu Tang was gonna ? wit deathrow east..

? about this deathrow east ? .

Yeah but 2Pac was going to take over the East coast as soon as he signed Craig Mack

Makaveli gave rza chain back n 96 cuz pac had love for Wu Tang....that's y when pac spoke on rza getting beat up & his chain snatched n 96 he never said rza name method man is the 1 who exposed rza got jacked by deathrizzo....so u can make up this fake beef between Wu Tang & deathrow but u look Krazy comparing a group wit a label...

Uh those west coast ? had to come to N.Y. sooner or later.

Idk where y'all get the idea that NYC ? are/were soft.

I forgot, they were all getting at 2pac, you right

Only little ? believed in that fake 2pac thuggery bs. Anybody who was about that life during that time knew 2pac was selling wolf tickets. Them blood and crip ? were official. 2pac not so much.

Again you act like them same Rap ? did not have to come N.Y. to get money. What world do you ? live in. Lol.

Who was checking pac for dissing big, puff, and their city? ? said ? bad boy as a record label, staff, and crew. And if you down with bad boy, ? you too. Who checked pac for that? Why mobb deep never say anything until pac died?

@gee757 Pac was going to prison with Suge for parole violation. Do you always seem to read over that? Deathrow East was an idea, a nice one, but thats it. Pac was gonna be locked up had he not died and the south took over not too long after. Stop with the delusions.

? didn't your idol get robbed and shot in NYC? Wtf did he do? Nothing. Went on a dry snitching promo tour. Telling the world big and puff set him up. When he knew the whole time who it was that really jacked him. I respect the shooter. Yall respect the ? that was shot on multiple occasions and did nothin.

I notice a trend on the IC. Yall like to champion a lot loud mouth ? . ? who stay running they mouth but never do nothing.

IC favorites
    Game
    Tupac
    Camron
    Rick ross

All these ? above been selling wolf tickets for years and do nothing. All these ? have been pressed by real official NYC ? and not nary one of them ? wanted that smoke.

Your idol got got in NYC and moved all the way to a new time zone. Thats not gangsta. He got scared and ran away.

But I'll let you tell it though.

And Pac still had the whole city shook from California.

And yet got bodied on the same coast that was supposed to be holding him down/ his safe haven.

California Love huh??

Care to look at a map and tell me where nevada borders a coast line?

Lol ? scrub

? Caucasian. I know you dumb. Don't quote me no more.

Isnt Nevada and California in the same time zone? Was Pac not gunned down in las vegas? Isnt las vegas on the western part of this nation?

So WTF are you asking me? Did I say las vegas was a coastal city or a city on the west coast?

? ?

You are ? a brian dead for real

You said he was shot on the west coast you ?
    It ain't fair deathrow is a label that sold more records than Wu Tang..... deathrow had bigger artists than Wu Tang.... deathrow had rza chain on tour out west till 2pac gave it back cuz he loved Wu Tang......there just ain't no comparing a group & a label especially when Wu Tang was gonna ? wit deathrow east..

Yeah but 2Pac was going to take over the East coast as soon as he signed Craig Mack

Makaveli gave rza chain back n 96 cuz pac had love for Wu Tang....that's y when pac spoke on rza getting beat up & his chain snatched n 96 he never said rza name method man is the 1 who exposed rza got jacked by deathrizzo....so u can make up this fake beef between Wu Tang & deathrow but u look Krazy comparing a group wit a label...

Only little ? believed in that fake 2pac thuggery bs. Anybody who was about that life during that time knew 2pac was selling wolf tickets. Them blood and crip ? were official. 2pac not so much.

Again you act like them same Rap ? did not have to come N.Y. to get money. What world do you ? live in. Lol.

Who was checking pac for dissing big, puff, and their city? ? said ? bad boy as a record label, staff, and crew. And if you down with bad boy, ? you too. Who checked pac for that? Why mobb deep never say anything until pac died?

@gee757 Pac was going to prison with Suge for parole violation. Do you always seem to read over that? Deathrow East was an idea, a nice one, but thats it. Pac was gonna be locked up had he not died and the south took over not too long after. Stop with the delusions.

? didn't your idol get robbed and shot in NYC? Wtf did he do? Nothing. Went on a dry snitching promo tour. Telling the world big and puff set him up. When he knew the whole time who it was that really jacked him. I respect the shooter. Yall respect the ? that was shot on multiple occasions and did nothin.

I notice a trend on the IC. Yall like to champion a lot loud mouth ? . ? who stay running they mouth but never do nothing.

IC favorites
    Game
    Tupac
    Camron
    Rick ross

All these ? above been selling wolf tickets for years and do nothing. All these ? have been pressed by real official NYC ? and not nary one of them ? wanted that smoke.

Your idol got got in NYC and moved all the way to a new time zone. Thats not gangsta. He got scared and ran away.

And yet got bodied on the same coast that was supposed to be holding him down/ his safe haven.

California Love huh??

Lol ? scrub

This is a map of the time zones in the United States

35ah24akcp5g.jpg
    Time zones aint got anything to do with it

So let me guess, you're going to say Philadelphia isn't on the East Coast?

eebfhi7cxewk.jpeg
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Death Row

IC favorites
    Game
    Tupac
    Camron
    Rick ross

California Love huh??

Lol ? scrub

? Caucasian. I know you dumb. Don't quote me no more.

Isnt Nevada and California in the same time zone? Was Pac not gunned down in las vegas? Isnt las vegas on the western part of this nation?

So WTF are you asking me? Did I say las vegas was a coastal city or a city on the west coast?

? ?

You are ? a brian dead for real

You said he was shot on the west coast you ?

IC favorites
    Game
    Tupac
    Camron
    Rick ross

California Love huh??

Lol ? scrub

This is a map of the time zones in the United States

35ah24akcp5g.jpg
    Time zones aint got anything to do with it

So let me guess, you're going to say Philadelphia isn't on the East Coast?

eebfhi7cxewk.jpeg

Philadelphia is a helluva closer than las vegas nevada
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu-Tang
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    DEATH ROW: 1991-1996

WU-TANG: FOREVER

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu-Tang
    And Wu-tang has Ghostface Killah. He could body anyone on the Death Row Roster.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu-Tang
    DR. JEK wrote: »

But Tupac came out there to do Saturday night live and everything. Biggie didn't Come to the westcoast until the ? Pac died and the coast was clear. Biggie's actions or lack there of for a guy who was suppose to be king of the whole East Coast is what made the whole east look shook more than anything else. I mean thank ? y'all had Mobb Deep at the time that was wit the ? , but they never shoulda been the first ones on the front lines cuz they wasn't really taken seriously by Tupac. Biggie shoulda told everybody fall back, I got this. So even if it was just perception (which I don't think so but I'm tryna work wit chu ? ) that NY was soft, I think it's all Biggies fault that those sentiments got put into the atmosphere. He was the one guy who coulda changed the course of rap history had he handled the "Hit em up" situation like the battle rapper he came up being instead of copping pleas and sounding all scared like "I don't kno why duke is doing this to me!!!" Type ? . Who cares?! Dude just said he ? ur own wife and gonna murder ur kids ? !! You ain't gonna ride on him? If there is any time not to listen to Puff it's that one.

Big was responsible for Snoop and dogg pounds trailer getting shot up
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu-Tang
    Enjoyed the first Wu-Tang Project and a few solo projects, but Death Row was a lot better.

I always wonder what Death Row could have accomplished if they left all the street ? /beef alone (and just focused on business) or if Dre & Suge remained cool.

Let's be real. Death Row only produced 3 great/classic albums: The Chronic, ? , All Eyez on Me; one good album: Dogg Food; and a bunch of meh. The Wu's first major run basically doubles that production, and they've produced good to borderline classic albums since then. You can like Death Row's music better. That's cool, but when it comes to actually putting out good music, Wu did that a lot better than Death Row.

I STRONGLY have to disagree with you on that. Like I said, 36 Chambers was dope.

BUT

The Chronic, ? , Tha Dogg Pound's Dogg Food, All Eyez on Me, Makaveli > Better than any album Wu-Tang (group or solo) put out.

Entertainment wise, even Death Row's "Above the Rim" and "Murder Was the Case" Soundtrack is on the same level of 36 Chambers and better than a lot of the solo projects.

And if we're talking about Death Row after Dre left and Pac died ... yeah Wu-Tang put our better material.

Well we can agree to disagree.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu-Tang
    Death Row the Terrell Davis of rap labels

Wu-Tang Forever
    Death Row is Good......yall ? know the rest...lol
  • LOLCL
    LOLCL Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu-Tang
    Wu Tang still has a prevalent influence on the east coast with hundreds of active members. Plus most of their main members still has an active career, and a new generation of wu-affiliated artists actually getting traction. I'll forever respect popa wu over Suge Knight.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Death Row
    Wu has the biggest impact World wide when it comes to hip hop.

26068n7.jpg
  • The Nuisance
    The Nuisance Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Death Row
    Death Row represented the whole coast at one point in time. Other than that their influences were both major
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a_list wrote: »
    Brian B. wrote: »
    Yea ok....Ya boys were blown out the gym....lol...Everybody that voted for the Wu cant be from NY/East....

Lol how many of them folks who voted Wu you think heard Witchdoctor's albums?

why I said it's biased on both sides

I'm a supporter of Both & heard a good amount from each

which is why my opinion is a lil more well rounded

Could care less about any of that you talkn, them ? got molly-whopped.....You wasnt thinking about who heard of who prior to me dropping that screenshot ? ....lol

I kno you couldn't care less, which further proves my point of the bias

if your opinion ain't well rounded, it holds no weight to me

s5x0er.jpg
    plus the albums my brother burned for me (36, Liquid Swords, Supreme, OB4CL, etc.)

after extensive listenin from both sides, sum members of Wu are interchangeable

DF's diversity is what tips the scales for them, imo

Tell it to the judge and all those bias ? that voted for death row and the dungeon family....lol...foh

lol bruh, I said there's bias on both sides more times than not w/ these polls

I can at least formulate my opinion & give reasons for it

someone else in here tried to make an argument for Wu usin Rae (would've been better w/ ? , but I digress)

but you're argument is "more people voted Wu", so you're goin w/ popular opinion, can't formulate your own opinion & give reasons why? You're jus bein a dickrider lmao
  • caddo man
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Death Row

If the entire world was on the East Coast yeah okay. But its not. In the 90s that had murals of Tupac and Death row in Turkey and Israel. Every club in Europe was playing Death row and Bad Boy music. Hell Japan and the other pacific country are defacto Cali states.

There certain parts of the country that couldnt tell you 3 members from WuTang. But they all know Dr Dre, Snoop and Tupac. More than likely knows Suge Knight just from TMZ fame.

Like I said earlier, this is a horrible comparison. Tupac and Dr Dre had careers before Death Row and Snoop push his career out on No Limit and beyond.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Wu-Tang
    Well as it stands, Death Row is winning 40-36.

But you'd have to admit its close considering Death Row sold more records and had more commercial success.

Also, Death Row was the only label on the West Coast at the time, Wu Tang was just a fraction of what was going on in the East Coast. You still had The Fugees, Biggie, Ma$e, A Tribe Called Quest, LL Cool J and a gang of other groups.

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu-Tang
    Wu Tang is known worldwide too
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu-Tang
    caddo man wrote: »

If the entire world was on the East Coast yeah okay. But its not. In the 90s that had murals of Tupac and Death row in Turkey and Israel. Every club in Europe was playing Death row and Bad Boy music. Hell Japan and the other pacific country are defacto Cali states.

There certain parts of the country that couldnt tell you 3 members from WuTang. But they all know Dr Dre, Snoop and Tupac. More than likely knows Suge Knight just from TMZ fame.

Like I said earlier, this is a horrible comparison. Tupac and Dr Dre had careers before Death Row and Snoop push his career out on No Limit and beyond.

The ? is about two collectives being compared. People have already admitted that next to ? and maybe ? , none of the Wu members achieved the stardom that the top three in Death Row did, but that doesn't mean that Death Row was more recognizable or influential than the Wu. We could rattle off ? that people still do in their music that was popularized by the Wu. You can't really say that about Death Row. Hell, the Wu basically started the whole "reppin your collective first and foremost" type thing. Initially, Death Row was Dre, Snoop, and some other ? on a record label. Death Row as a rap collective didn't really blossom until later.
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But you'd have to admit its close considering Death Row sold more records and had more commercial success.

Also, Death Row was the only label on the West
    Coast at the time, Wu Tang was just a fraction of what was going on in the East Coast. You still had The Fugees, Biggie, Ma$e, A Tribe Called Quest, LL Cool J and a gang of other groups.

953j0kr758yx.gif
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Wu-Tang

Coast at the time, Wu Tang was just a fraction of what was going on in the East Coast. You still had The Fugees, Biggie, Ma$e, A Tribe Called Quest, LL Cool J and a gang of other groups.

953j0kr758yx.gif

OK, name some other relevant labels that were poppin on the West
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

953j0kr758yx.gif

Why, I don't know....

How about......

ba6kl0rzkaim.jpg
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wu-Tang
    Yea ok....Ya boys were blown out the gym....lol...Everybody that voted for the Wu cant be from NY/East....

Lol how many of them folks who voted Wu you think heard Witchdoctor's albums?

why I said it's biased on both sides

I'm a supporter of Both & heard a good amount from each

which is why my opinion is a lil more well rounded

Could care less about any of that you talkn, them ? got molly-whopped.....You wasnt thinking about who heard of who prior to me dropping that screenshot ? ....lol

I kno you couldn't care less, which further proves my point of the bias

if your opinion ain't well rounded, it holds no weight to me

s5x0er.jpg
    plus the albums my brother burned for me (36, Liquid Swords, Supreme, OB4CL, etc.)

after extensive listenin from both sides, sum members of Wu are interchangeable

DF's diversity is what tips the scales for them, imo

Tell it to the judge and all those bias ? that voted for death row and the dungeon family....lol...foh

lol bruh, I said there's bias on both sides more times than not w/ these polls

I can at least formulate my opinion & give reasons for it

someone else in here tried to make an argument for Wu usin Rae (would've been better w/ ? , but I digress)

but you're argument is "more people voted Wu", so you're goin w/ popular opinion, can't formulate your own opinion & give reasons why? You're jus bein a dickrider lmao

1b911ad06517bee8d3970cd17d7551f2.jpg

• 5 Grand
    Options
    Wu-Tang

953j0kr758yx.gif

Why, I don't know....

How about......

ba6kl0rzkaim.jpg

Thats it?
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Death Row

953j0kr758yx.gif

Why, I don't know....

How about......

ba6kl0rzkaim.jpg

Thats it?

You comparing a record label to a group

The west ran ? back then

They still had ice cube and groups lile westside connection who were putting out better music than wu tang
  • caddo man
    Options
    Death Row
    caddo man wrote: »

The ? is about two collectives being compared. People have already admitted that next to ? and maybe ? , none of the Wu members achieved the stardom that the top three in Death Row did, but that doesn't mean that Death Row was more recognizable or influential than the Wu. We could rattle off ? that people still do in their music that was popularized by the Wu. You can't really say that about Death Row. Hell, the Wu basically started the whole "reppin your collective first and foremost" type thing. Initially, Death Row was Dre, Snoop, and some other ? on a record label. Death Row as a rap collective didn't really blossom until later.

From someone that never stayed in the Northeast and didnt visit the Northeast until 97...............

The Wu was the best of the New York groups that came out in the 90s. Their influence shaped East Coast rap for decades. But that is it. The East Coast! They barely move the needle the farther you move from the North East. We heard of them. Heard the music on MTV raps and BET but the local radio in most places wasn't playing they music. They cassette didn't sell like that outside of the East Coast and parts of the Midwest.

Wu Tang was lumped in with the Bone Thugs, E-40 and Clique, Dogg Pound, and Geto Boys. I love the Wu! Bought all of their albums.........................after I heard Triumph.

The Wu is a East Coast thing. This is like the Tupac/Biggie debate. It depends on your bias!

I think Scarface is one of the best rappers in the game.....................EVER! But that is my Southern bias!
    I think the 90s is the best era of hip hop. But I became an adult in the late 90s. I am bias!

You obviously believe that Death Row was just a West Coast thing, You may be bias? IDK

Death Row and Bad Boy ruled the 90s and the Wu was just apart of the greatest era in Hip Hop.