The possible US-North Korea War thread

123457»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sunlord wrote: »
    The aftermath of a potential successful war with North Korea is not comparable with the aftermath of the initial American Conquest of Afghanistan. North Korea is Korean, South Korea is Korean what we would be doing after a war with nk would be Uniting a people, not trying to build a new state but just adding onto an already existing one. Plus South Korea is very rich.

LOL, NK would be in ruins, and SK would ALSO be in ruins in any war. Just like Iraq and Afghanistan are in ruins now. Same for Libya, which is so chaotic now slaves are being sold in open markets.

I have zero faith in US military improving any situation there.

I said a successful war.... you over estimate NK. A MILITARY can have all the slave soldiers it wants but if it cannot feed or supply them they won't be able to fight. Any potential war in korea would be very different to the afgan war because to begin with Nk is a normal military ONCE that is destroyed it's basically over for them. as I don't see the NK military devolving into guerrilla fighters.

if not for china AMERICA probably would have destroyed NK a long time ago. It does not surprise me that you don't have faith in the us military because you don't have faith in anything

You're being naïve again, NK's military is definitely capable of guerilla warfare, do you understand the extreme HATRED they have for Americans in North Korea?? American bombs destroyed hospitals and orphanages in North Korea, killing millions of innocent civilians. There are reports American soldiers gang ? tons of North Korean women back in the 1950s and many, many villages and towns were burned and destroyed. North Korean soldiers and villagers would absolutely go to guerilla warfare if North Korea's government was to collapse. I know someone from North Korea, you have NO IDEA the hatred people there have for the USA.

Those same levels of hatred can easily be found in Afghanistan, so I already know how a war would turn out, another total American disaster. I have faith in some things, but American military solving problems in the region? LOL nah, no faith in that, Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq and America's evil actions in Syria are perfect proof of that.
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    The aftermath of a potential successful war with North Korea is not comparable with the aftermath of the initial American Conquest of Afghanistan. North Korea is Korean, South Korea is Korean what we would be doing after a war with nk would be Uniting a people, not trying to build a new state but just adding onto an already existing one. Plus South Korea is very rich.

LOL, NK would be in ruins, and SK would ALSO be in ruins in any war. Just like Iraq and Afghanistan are in ruins now. Same for Libya, which is so chaotic now slaves are being sold in open markets.

I said a successful war.... you over estimate NK. A MILITARY can have all the slave soldiers it wants but if it cannot feed or supply them they won't be able to fight. Any potential war in korea would be very different to the afgan war because to begin with Nk is a normal military ONCE that is destroyed it's basically over for them. as I don't see the NK military devolving into guerrilla fighters.

if not for china AMERICA probably would have destroyed NK a long time ago. It does not surprise me that you don't have faith in the us military because you don't have faith in anything

You're being naïve again, NK's military is definitely capable of guerilla warfare, do you understand the extreme HATRED they have for Americans in North Korea?? American bombs destroyed hospitals and orphanages in North Korea, killing millions of innocent civilians. There are reports American soldiers gang ? tons of North Korean women back in the 1950s and many, many villages and towns were burned and destroyed. North Korean soldiers and villagers would absolutely go to guerilla warfare if North Korea's government was to collapse. I know someone from North Korea, you have NO IDEA the hatred people there have for the USA.

Those same levels of hatred can easily be found in Afghanistan, so I already know how a war would turn out, another total American disaster. I have faith in some things, but American military solving problems in the region? LOL nah, no faith in that, Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq and America's evil actions in Syria are perfect proof of that.

NO they are not their soldiers are currently staving.

The generation that fought the north Korean war is all but dead or in their 70-80s AND many people in NK today already know that the regime is lying to them about the outside world.
  • sunlord
    Taliban Afghanistan WAS ruled by cultural consent, NK is not. North Koreans are a totally different culture and people.... the kim family rules because the people are ignorant and afraid of them. If you know someone from nk what the ? are they doing here??? they escaped right??? if people love the Kim government so much there would not be so many people willing to escape.

IF SO many people are willing to leave you think these people would be willing to stay and die?? for what when they could join their brother in the south and be one big much more powerful nation.
  • kingblaze84

The generation that fought the north Korean war is all but dead or in their 70-80s AND many people in NK today already know that the regime is lying to them about the outside world.

I know many of their soldiers are poor and hungry but they still haven't overthrown their regime, they are very unified by their anger at past American actions. If war with North Korea is so easy, then America would have done it by now. Young kids in NK are raised since birth to hate the USA, they have museums in NK that allegedly show Americans committing all kinds of atrocities on video, including videos of Americans blowing up schools and killing kids on purpose. SK would have toppled NK by now if it was so easy.
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2017
    Taliban Afghanistan WAS ruled by cultural consent, NK is not. North Koreans are a totally different culture and people.... the kim family rules because the people are ignorant and afraid of them. If you know someone from nk what the ? are they doing here??? they escaped right??? if people love the Kim government so much there would not be so many people willing to escape.

IF SO many people are willing to leave you think these people would be willing to stay and die?? for what when they could join their brother in the south and be one big much more powerful nation.

My friend's family is actually from Vietnam, so I was mistaken.

But either way North Korea has people there very loyal to their government, I'm sure many would defect to the American or South Korean side, but a huge amount would stay loyal to Kim and his regime. That means another extremely ? war. You can advocate for war as much as you want to, but I still haven't heard you say why a war would make the world better off. America would spend more money it doesn't have and go deeper in debt, as more and more social programs get cut, as homelessness continues to rise throughout the nation.

• sunlord

I know many of their soldiers are poor and hungry but they still haven't overthrown their regime, they are very unified by their anger at past American actions. If war with North Korea is so easy, then America would have done it by now. Young kids in NK are raised since birth to hate the USA, they have museums in NK that allegedly show Americans committing all kinds of atrocities on video, including videos of Americans blowing up schools and killing kids on purpose. SK would have toppled NK by now if it was so easy.

It's not easy because of China and in the past invading just was not worth the risk.... but the risk assessment is changing
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2017

It's not easy because of China and in the past invading just was not worth the risk.... but the risk assessment is changing

Invading North Korea is still not worth the risk lol.....Trump's advisors agree, and so do most people in South Korea.

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm willing to bet Trump leaves North Korea alone. The ICBM missile is a game changer and nobody wants to risk the lives of all those people in Seoul (and the many Americans there).
  • sunlord

Invading North Korea is still not worth the risk lol.....Trump's advisors agree, and so do most people in South Korea.

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm willing to bet Trump leaves North Korea alone. The ICBM missile is a game changer and nobody wants to risk the lives of all those people in Seoul (and the many Americans there).

it very well maybe worth the risk if they keep developing weapons and shooting them over our allies heads..... the world realistically cannot afford for the state of affaires to continue, sooner of later NK is going to bomb japan or south Korea and eventually the governments and people of japan and south Korea are going to get tired of this ? . we will have to deal with NK, people will die that's the way things go if governments always stopped to think about death they would never do anything.

eventually however they have to weigh future lives against the lives of people living today and in such an equation the future almost always wins. WILL THIS war happened under trump??? maybe not but it will happen..... the only other solution is an internal revolution and I doubt that's going to happen that would probably be the worse case scenario for both china and south Korea.
  • sunlord

But either way North Korea has people there very loyal to their government, I'm sure many would defect to the American or South Korean side, but a huge amount would stay loyal to Kim and his regime. That means another extremely ? war. You can advocate for war as much as you want to, but I still haven't heard you say why a war would make the world better off. America would spend more money it doesn't have and go deeper in debt, as more and more social programs get cut, as homelessness continues to rise throughout the nation.

The same way people were loyal to saddam??? PEOPLE were dancing the in streets when he was overthrown. No one is ever really loyal to dictators. The Kim family rules by fear not real love the end of nk would make the world a better place because we would not have an repressive and brutal regime located in a politically sensitive area. Also some of the worlds most important economies would not be in fear of destruction.

You are always crying about homelessness and suffering, stop it. There will be people like that no matter what.
  • kingblaze84

it very well maybe worth the risk if they keep developing weapons and shooting them over our allies heads..... the world realistically cannot afford for the state of affaires to continue, sooner of later NK is going to bomb japan or south Korea and eventually the governments and people of japan and south Korea are going to get tired of this ? . we will have to deal with NK, people will die that's the way things go if governments always stopped to think about death they would never do anything.

eventually however they have to weigh future lives against the lives of people living today and in such an equation the future almost always wins. WILL THIS war happened under trump??? maybe not but it will happen..... the only other solution is an internal revolution and I doubt that's going to happen that would probably be the worse case scenario for both china and south Korea.

I'd rather wait for the people of North Korea to revolt against their own government then. You said before that their soldiers are starving and the people there want freedom. So if things are that bad in NK, then let the people of North Korea do something about it.

America still has Afghanistan, Libya, and Iraq to babysit.
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2017

The same way people were loyal to saddam??? PEOPLE were dancing the in streets when he was overthrown. No one is ever really loyal to dictators. The Kim family rules by fear not real love the end of nk would make the world a better place because we would not have an repressive and brutal regime located in a politically sensitive area. Also some of the worlds most important economies would not be in fear of destruction.

You are always crying about homelessness and suffering, stop it. There will be people like that no matter what.

America needs to spend its dollars fixing and taking care of home first, not going around the world constantly looking for new wars to fight when it hasn't really solved the massive problems in the nations it has destroyed over the past few years. Homelessness is growing BY A LOT, read the news. America has more problems then you realize, in NYC homelessness is out of control, same for California, Michigan and Colorado, Florida, Puerto Rico, I can go on and on. If these problems were getting better, I wouldn't say anything but they're getting worse.

Funny how you mentioned Iraq HAHAHAHA, Iraq is a TOTAL ? DISASTER now. Libya the same, Afghanistan, Syria, Somalia, all the same. American actions worldwide lately don't really solve ? , ask the world record amount of refugees worldwide pouring from all the nations that I mentioned. Am I supposed to be impressed by this ? ?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Afghanistan's government is helpless and weak after 16 plus years, and their failure to destroy the Taliban is a HUGE reason they are a failed government. They can't make peace with them either and for some reason, the Taliban still have a lot of recruits willing to join them.
    honestly, the problem is that the government is NOT weak and helpless, because if it was, it wouldn't still be around. it's too weak/incompetent to control the country and so is the Taliban. it's ... complicated.

anyway, fact remains that once upon a time, the Taliban took over Afghanistan, was THE legit government, and got smashed by the US.
    A war with NK would be much worse because NK has more advanced weaponry then the Taliban and I'm willing to bet China and Russia would aid NK again, just like last time.
    consider, though, there was a time when the TALIBAN had more advanced weaponry as well.

China isn't going to help in a war to save North Koreans, they'd do it for their own benefit (keep the buffer state/reduce refugees flooding into China). whether or not they (or Russia) back NK are about the percentages for them, not NK.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    There are reports American soldiers gang ? tons of North Korean women back in the 1950s and many, many villages and towns were burned and destroyed.
    ...if these reports are from the North Koreans, you might as well go ahead and dismiss them right now. there's a reason why the political system is built on a ? personality cult.

North Korean will also tell you the ruling family doesn't go to the bathroom AND FOUND A UNICORN CAVE
    I know many of their soldiers are poor and hungry but they still haven't overthrown their regime, they are very unified by their anger at past American actions.
    *sigh*
    can you name a single defector who says this?
    look, i don't want to make fun, but you cited "i know a North Korean" emphatically to support your argument and then... this
  • kingblaze84
    janklow wrote: »
    Afghanistan's government is helpless and weak after 16 plus years, and their failure to destroy the Taliban is a HUGE reason they are a failed government. They can't make peace with them either and for some reason, the Taliban still have a lot of recruits willing to join them.
    honestly, the problem is that the government is NOT weak and helpless, because if it was, it wouldn't still be around. it's too weak/incompetent to control the country and so is the Taliban. it's ... complicated.

anyway, fact remains that once upon a time, the Taliban took over Afghanistan, was THE legit government, and got smashed by the US.
    A war with NK would be much worse because NK has more advanced weaponry then the Taliban and I'm willing to bet China and Russia would aid NK again, just like last time.
    consider, though, there was a time when the TALIBAN had more advanced weaponry as well.

China isn't going to help in a war to save North Koreans, they'd do it for their own benefit (keep the buffer state/reduce refugees flooding into China). whether or not they (or Russia) back NK are about the percentages for them, not NK.

I get your point but the reality is that Afghanistan's government cannot survive on its own. In a battle between Afghanistan's govt and the Taliban, the Taliban would win if America didn't babysit Afghanistan's govt and pathetic military.

So I can only imagine how much America would struggle against a guerilla North Korean army backed up by Russia, China and who knows who else behind the scenes.