Hollywood Sex Abuse Scandal Thread - Harvey , Kevin, Andy etc

Comments

• Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i seen that on the hollywood reporter site talking about kobe but man i think if this ? about streep goes down oprah was close with harvey too and remember while back Mo'Nique ms parker said some ? and they blackballed her from hollywood about lee daniels oprah who were backed by harvey

"I am unapologetic to what I said to Oprah Winfrey, Tyler Perry and Lee Daniels," she said on her podcast, addressing people in Hollywood who suggested she apologize and move forward.
    Mo'Nique then cleared up why she felt animosity towards them— particularly Winfrey who she felt dismembered her family by having her brother, who sexually assaulted her, on The Oprah Winfrey Show with her parents.
    "I said to that sister, 'Right now I'm really going through it, it's really bad.'... Had Oprah said to me, 'I have your mother.' I would have shut that s--t down. Because I don't want the world seeing my mother, being so greedy over money, that she's willing to do anything to go on your show."

"I shared with Oprah Winfrey that me and my mother were not on good terms," the comedian said.
    A couple of days later, the Oscar winner did another standup show and addressed the podcast confession and subsequent phone call she received from Perry.
    "I said, 'Yo. I want to thank you for calling because most ni--as won’t call.' Oprah and Lee ain't call yet," she shared. "Because them motherf---ers know, we gotta have a conversation. But Tyler Perry called up and when he called up he said, ‘I watched your podcast and I saw your pain.’ I said, ‘Ni--a that’s not pain. That’s called honesty. Don’t get it confused.’
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the comments are goin hard at streep

She did call Harvey a ? though, that was wierd.

This denial is to be expected. She wants to be on the right side of events. Another fine performance!

Are we all going to ridicule her statement because “everybody knew”, the way we did when Matt Damon and George Clooney said the EXACT SAME THING? Or is it somehow different because it’s Meryl?

She's a fraud. She sure as hell knew all about Roman Polanski and gave the guy a standing ovation for getting an Academy Award , Despite his being accused of sexually assaulting 11 girls under the age of 17. She even publicly lamented his going to jail after being convicted.

In posters that appeared in several locations in Los Angeles on Tuesday, Meryl Streep was seemingly depicted as a Harvey Weinstein enabler by anonymous street artists.
    she_knew_embed.jpg

Meryl, you need more people...
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She said she remembers Miller “shaking me violently” and punching her in the mouth during sex, bloodying her lip and breaking a tooth

"Damn...was the ? that bad?"
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited December 2017
    Meryl Streep is a living Legend couldnt give a ? about Rose Mcgowan and if she knew.

this seems like a garbage witch hunt.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody look at that picture and instantly think "I believe it."

foxas33vbwt7.gif
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    Who cares if streep knew?

Rose McGowan knew for a fact, got paid and never called him out for 2 decades...thus allowing other women to be abused

This is what I'm talking about. How she going to point the finger when she basically did the same exact thing. Now she's a hero? Come on.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Rose McGowan knew for a fact, got paid and never called him out for 2 decades...thus allowing other women to be abused

This is what I'm talking about. How she going to point the finger when she basically did the same exact thing. Now she's a hero? Come on.

You guys make a good poin with this argument. Both to me are equally ? tbh.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're going hard on Rose too
    "She really should and she shouldn’t talk when she worked with a known child molester"
    "Yeah, her holier-than-thou act is getting a little tiring considering her working for Victor Salva and then defending it."
    "I’m all for victims being given the opportunity to tell their story.

I’m not for Rose McGowan acting like she never said “Yeah, I still don’t really understand the whole story or history there, and I’d rather not, because it’s not really my business. But he’s an incredibly sweet and gentle man, lovely to his crew, and a very hard worker” about Victor Salva, a convicted ? , whom she worked with in 2011. He was convicted in 1988.

Rose. Clean up your own house before you start trashing others."
    She CAPED for him. She was asked, specifically, about it and was all, “Um, well, I don’t know what happened, it’s not for me to say anything.”
    I'm All about a convicted child molester. Come on, sis. Just say, “I wanted to work with him and gave no ? .”

Like she’s saying about every other actress in Hollywood and Weinstein.

? , meet kettle.
    I know this might not be a popular opinion here but I find it ironic Rose McGowan is ? about “the silence” of other women.

We don’t know what Meryl knew but we know what Rose knew—-and Rose KNEW Harvey was a ? and took cash in exchange for her silence. Maybe if Rose had spoken up at the time other women would’ve come forward and Harvey would’ve had his reckoning in the 1990s.

She kept silent ‘cause she wanted to save her career and that’s fine; but why does she feel entitled to criticize other women for keeping their mouths shut?And her Victor Salva comments; WTF? She had no responsibility to protect his victims but everybody in Hollywood had a responsibility her?

This isn’t a good look.

• Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure Meryl heard some stuff, but treated it as a baseless rumor and didnt look into it. Shes been famous since like the late 70's/early 80's, before Harvey. Hes not gunna try and pull that casting couch ? on her. Hes going after the young no names.
  • Broddie
    Victor Salva is such a ? . I won't deny that Powder and Jeepers Creepers were good joints but he really is pure trash outside of his talent. Worthless human being.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im sure Meryl knew but but at that time she knew women were sleeping around to get roles and figured that most of girls didnt get the job so they were mad and just talkin ? unless she had prove he was the creep he is she didnt wanna say ?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? was meryl supposed to do with some rumor second hand ? she heard?

Asia argentino was willingly sleeping with him for 5 years.

Hell not only did McGowan get paid she dated Rodriguez who worked for/with Miramax on multiple occasions
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broddie wrote: »
    Max. wrote: »
    Uh oh twitter trending bringing up the old kobe ? case with details

See this I don't agree with.
    He already went through all the judiciary procedures with that ? . If the law and the victim moved on people should too.

Them white ppl dont give af what u agree n dont agree w. Some ppl been waiting to finally bring down kobe for that.

Hope shaq keeps his mouth shut this time
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

co sign. Cuz really everyone is at fault. All them knew about it. But dude had so much money, power n influence. Ppl were prolly scared. Blood on all their hands tho.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Victor Salva is such a ? . I won't deny that Powder and Jeepers Creepers were good joints but he really is pure trash outside of his talent. Worthless human being.

Hold on my ? . Hold the ? on.

You stay ? on MCU movies but you think Jeepers Creepers is a good joint?

thats-dumb.gif
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marc123 wrote: »

co sign. Cuz really everyone is at fault. All them knew about it. But dude had so much money, power n influence. Ppl were prolly scared. Blood on all their hands tho.

so the fact people knew....does that make them an apart of the crimes?
  • Broddie
    edited December 2017

thats-dumb.gif

Yes. I like horror movies. I don't really like superhero movies even though I read superhero comic books. I've only said this like 3 or 4 hundred thousand times in the last 8 yrs.

Those marvel movies could and should be so much better. All jeepers creepers had to be was a cool b movie to watch at 3AM. Not hard to figure out.

There are like 20 million other people in the world that love your precious marvel movies. Go bother one of them.
  • fortyacres
    edited December 2017
    This seems like an opportunistic smear campaign on ‘Streep tha Gawd’ coz she got a dope movie coming out & goat career that jealous people like Rose Mcgowan couldn’t achieve even when they tried to complicity sleep their way to the top lol.

These new ? really want all of older hollywood the ? outta here so they can give us PC mediocre Kumbaya entertainment, scust.
  • fortyacres
    edited December 2017

As noted with the street artist who targeted Kimmel, those Twitter users who are pushing the #SheKnew & #BoycottthePost tags include accounts who push right-wing content. Along with Cernovich, they’re celebrating the downfall of Weinstein — because he’s a longtime donator to Democrats (who largely repurposed that money to women’s causes since the scandal began) and include Streep as she does a press run for a movie (The Post) the takes aim ar the current administration’s war with news media.

i really cant stand what social media has become,smh.
  • The Lonious Monk

thats-dumb.gif

Yes. I like horror movies. I don't really like superhero movies even though I read superhero comic books. I've only said this like 3 or 4 hundred thousand times in the last 8 yrs.

Those marvel movies could and should be so much better. All jeepers creepers had to be was a cool b movie to watch at 3AM. Not hard to figure out.

There are like 20 million other people in the world that love your precious marvel movies. Go bother one of them.

Nah bruh, it ain't just about personal taste with you. You try to make these arguments about why the MCU movies are just poor quality movies. Jeepers Creepers is a ? movie. You can't be like "I don't like Avengers because it's a terrible movie" but then turn around and call a legitimately terrible movie "good."
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great content in here