Nas vs Jay

2»

Comments

• FuckSwedishPeople
    FuckSwedishPeople Members Posts: 3
    Nas
    Nas ... ? all ya ? pickin Jay over Nas. ? what everybody say Nas could get it. He is the ? GOAT and I aint even ? .
  • ILLBOT
    ILLBOT Posts: 911 My Name Is My Name.
    ILLBOT detected banned alias
    Reason: chompollet, babyface killa, PushaTE

A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors.
    FuckSwedishPeople
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas
    ILLBOT wrote: »
    ILLBOT detected banned alias
    Reason: chompollet, babyface killa, PushaTE

A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors.
    FuckSwedishPeople

LMFAO . let that man cook site goin down anyways
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay
    Jay-Z’s Lyricism is highly underrated.

It’s really all preference, wordplay or poetry. When you get to this level the devil is in the details.

Nas is a better wordsmith, and a ? poet in an army jacket. I believe Jay-Z is a better complete package, and better musician. That includes beat selection, flow, ability to create great singles or be incredibly introspective. He can make music for the masses, or for the backpackers and that can’t be brushed aside. And as I said in the first sentence, as dope as he is, he’s still a under appreciated lyricist. That ? spits.
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Nas
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Jay-Z’s Lyricism is highly underrated.

It’s really all preference, wordplay or poetry. When you get to this level the devil is in the details.

Nas is a better wordsmith, and a ? poet in an army jacket. I believe Jay-Z is a better complete package, and better musician. That includes beat selection, flow, ability to create great singles or be incredibly introspective. He can make music for the masses, or for the backpackers and that can’t be brushed aside. And as I said in the first sentence, as dope as he is, he’s still a under appreciated lyricist. That ? spits.

Jay's lyricism is godly. In fact, the cat is so good he goes over people's heads a lot of times and people may not catch the line for years. He is second only to Nas in my opinion.

Where I favor Nas, however, is that while Hov can crossover with his rhymes for the masses and the backpackers, he is simply not as creative or as diverse with his topic matter as Nas.

But with that said, Hov is a genius. Out of his "classics," Reasonable Doubt and American Gangster are lyrical masterpieces IMO.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas
    Last one before the site shuts down who you got?

Probably the exact same thread that made me sign up 8 years ago lol everything coming full circle
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay
    Nas lost.....many many people here never got over it.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas
    Nas lost.....many many people here never got over it.

i546crxkz1ya.jpeg
    016EBD3E80D8D708F3B118502093E604A37E3D6C
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2017
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas
    King of New York is Smashing this poll...

The King is winning it is a blowout, Jigga warriors better make a final run with their aliases/alter egos to try and swing this back...