The Process Is Done - Now, let's see Results! (The Sixers official thread)

124»

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    12-8.

Sixers - 118, Wizards - 113.

It's very rare to be mad after a win, but I think the city of Philly is pretty fuming right now.

Never mind the fact that TJ might now be out 2-3 months with a possible broken left shoulder with Fultz STILL nowhere in sight. Never mind that somehow Joel came into the 4th Q with just 3 fouls, and STILL somehow fouled out. Never even mind the fact that the Sixers missed more than 20 FTs.

I - and I know I'm not alone - feel like throwing an egg at Coach Brown right now.

I get it. Teams in the NBA come back all the time. But when you're up 22 starting into the 4th, there's no way a team should be within single digits just six minutes in. For some ? reason, he left Ben Simmons in there to clank-one, make-one pretty much for 10 trips down the floor straight, when DC played the foul game with Ben.

At SOME point, a red light should've went off in Brown's head to take Ben out with 4-5 mins left in the 4th. It never did, and Ben was just thrown to the foul line wolf, which I hope this game lets him just how bad his shooting is, and how much it needs to improve. Other than that, Ben was pretty solid, with 31/18/4.

You can call that a "teachable moment" all you want...that was ? coaching. He's just lucky that Dario showed up to save his ass.

Such an ugly-ass win, but a win nonetheless. Too bad we wasted Joel for it. Now, he's out tomorrow for Boston. On the bright side, they went 4-2 on this season-long six-game homestand, only losing to the two participants of last year's NBA Finals. So, there's THAT.

Up next: Tomorrow @ Boston.

gr-no.7_0.gif
  • Mister B.
    12-9.

Celtics - 108, Sixers - 97.

No Embiid, no TJ, no real chance. Great effort, too many lousy TOs, especially Bayless. Ewwwwww. And RoCo has been OFF this week. You might be able to point it to the death of his friend, who was killed on Monday, but sooner or later, he's got to snap outta that, and move with it.

Hopefully, we'll see more better execution when Joel comes back for Philly vs Detroit, Part 2. I'm sure Greg Drummond is waiting....

Up next: tomorrow vs. Detroit.
  • Mister B.
    edited December 2017
    13-9.

Sixers - 108, Pistons - 103.

Once again: great first half, AWFUL 3rd quarter. Up 18 and gave it all up in the 3rd. In Ben's worst game as a pro, everyone else stepped up, especially RoCo. Glad to see he's out of his slump.

They REALLY need to work on limiting turnovers. 17 a game is not a good look.

Up next: Monday vs. Phoenix.

final_3.gif?itok=wgNagZ_h
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Philly and Detroit are 4 and 5 in the standings right now would love for it to finish that way
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Philly and Detroit are 4 and 5 in the standings right now would love for it to finish that way

Quit tryin' to duck this fade ? . :)
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.G. wrote: »

Drummond and Embiid don’t like each other matter fact I think Embiid is part responsible for Drummond’s renaissance, that got old school playoff basketball written all over it
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.G. wrote: »

Drummond and Embiid don’t like each other
    matter fact I think Embiid is part responsible for Drummond’s renaissance, that got old school playoff basketball written all over it
    their friends.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their indicates ownership
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Mister B.
    edited December 2017
    13-10.

Suns - 115, Sixers - 101.

SCUST. Easily the worst loss of the season, worse than losing to the Kings.

They need TJ back. And RoCo needs to study how JJ plays where he actually can shoot inside the 3 point line.

? this night. They better not pull this ? on National TV Thursday night.

Up next: Thursday vs LA Lakers
  • Mister B.
    edited December 2017
    BDBIID wrote: »
    So, this finally gets an ending....hopefully. Jah is free now!

Why we giving up so much, tho? A pick, too??
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Collangelo is terrible. He butchered Noel trade and this trade. Also gave to much up to move up only 2 picks for Fultz.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U guys missed Dario tonight. Hopefully u start to appreciate him more. I get he can be frustrating at times, but u guys slander him too much.
  • Mister B.
    edited December 2017
    13-12.

Cavs - 105, Sixers - 98.

Instead of commenting as I do, I'm just gonna post something I found in a Sixers FB group. Stop me when he's wrong:

9czaj2l671br.png
    gdzsrdw7m2g1.png

Sound about right? (Except the Mark Jackson thing. You can keep him.)

Up next: Today @ New Orleans.
  • TheBossman
    The Sixers defense has been trashed this year I don't know what the problem is you can blame Bayless, TLC or just not having embiid on the court a lot. but damn this defense is not as good as it was last year even Robert Covington has taken a step back.
  • Mister B.
    Sucks that the IC has to end with the Sixers in this sort of shape, but ? they suck right now.

14-16. Getting washed by the Lakers (at home) Suns (H), Bulls, and Kings (H) is ? . I hope they get the ? out their legs and get this ? under control.
  • TheBossman
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Sucks that the IC has to end with the Sixers in this sort of shape, but ? they suck right now.

14-16. Getting washed by the Lakers (at home) Suns (H), Bulls, and Kings (H) is ? . I hope they get the ? out their legs and get this ? under control.

That should have been for easy wins right there, I'm not trying to say our team is that much better than them but we have the talent to compete with anybody in the NBA except for maybe the Warriors and Cavaliers. if this keeps up Brett Brown might not last the whole season and I'm not even the fire the coach type person that's your lane @Mister B. . lol
  • Mister B.
    I'm not for firing Brett Brown....yet. But if they don't make the playoffs OR finish .500, then he WILL get a hot seat for next year.