The Official World Politics Thread - All Breaking News here.

Options

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    Do you think the Dems could win one of 2 Senate seats for Arizona?
    The GOP front-runner for Jeff Flake's seat is in the mold of Roy Moore by saying wild ? about Hispanics, blacks, LGBTQ, etc
    it's all about what candidate the Republicans put up

• janklow
    Options
  • janklow
    Options
    yeah, isn't it weird how Obama invited people that backed his political agenda and yet Trump didn't invite the same people despite them NOT supporting him?

? Trump, but ? Shannon Watts for acting like discovered an outrageous plot twist. but then Watts is afraid of anything other than people parroting her inane drivel

• janklow
    Options
    Jones appears to be pivoting to the right, as if he’s already preparing for a reelection bid in 2020. Tapper asked Jones if he needs to consider voting with Republicans — in the style of former Sen. Howell Heflin, a conservative Democratic senator from Alabama who was a mentor to Jones — to retain the seat in three years. “Of course I do,” Jones said. “I don’t expect to vote solidly for the Republicans or the Democrats.”
    i'll say it: he won't live up to this. but it's a more mature attitude than "even though i am Alabama's senator, i will vote the way people from outside Alabama tell me to."

• janklow
    Options
    About Jill Stein - the way to solve this is to have less democracy? Plenty of countries have more
    than 2 parties, America could benefit from a viable 3rd party
    you are correct
    however, no viable third party runs Jill ? Stein as a candidate
  • janklow
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    -which reported that parents who opposed the president's views were upset that they did not know about the visit.
    seriously? grow the ? up

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.mediaite.com/online/sen-susan-collins-slams-unbelievably-sexist-media-double-standard-in-tax-bill-coverage/
    Sen. Susan Collins Slams ‘Unbelievably Sexist’ Media Double Standard in Tax Bill Coverage

Senator Susan Collins is speaking out against the media that she believes is treating her differently than her male counterparts. Collins has described the media coverage over her role in the GOP tax plan as “unbelievably sexist.”

“I believe that the coverage has been unbelievably sexist, and I cannot believe that the press would have treated another senator with 20 years of experience as they have treated me. They’ve ignored everything that I’ve gotten and written story after story about how I’m duped.” Collins said, per Politico. “How am I duped when all your amendments get accepted?”

Collins has been a key player in getting the GOP tax bill passed and has recently come under fire for reversing her position.

“Rob Portman would tell you that I’ve had more impact than anybody who was not a conferee,” she said.

She also expressed dismay over a report that said Collins “didn’t cry” while meeting with protestors suffering from various medical issues.

“I can’t imagine a reporter writing that about a male senator meeting with the same group, and in fact I have proof because they met with Jeff Flake,” Collins explained.

“So it’s been extremely discouraging to see the press coverage on this given the significant impact that I’ve had on this bill.”

nmeq4zo6wk04.gif
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The President seems so convinced of his impending exoneration that he is telling associates Mueller will soon write a letter clearing him that Trump can brandish to Washington and the world in a bid to finally emerge from the cloud of suspicion that has loomed over the first chapter of his presidency

President Donald Trump is in better spirits about the FBI's ongoing Russia investigation, and he reportedly believes special counsel Robert Mueller will soon write a letter clearing him of any wrongdoing,

you can't make this ? up

tenor.gif?itemid=3913589

letter.gif

SjGtD8b.gif
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    gatta give it to Republicans, they get the Ws ? , Hope the Dems are taking notes from all this.

So can this tax bill be changed in 2020 ? if the Dems have a majority and President?
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dem donors won’t let them change it, and if they do it will go back to where it is now.

It will take years if not a decade to reverse the damage
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ....but her emails.. but her speeches.. :D
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    gatta give it to Republicans, they get the Ws ? , Hope the Dems are taking notes from all this.

So can this tax bill be changed in 2020 ? if the Dems have a majority and President?
    Same thing ive been wondering

• playmaker88
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    That tax bill just ? all those making less than 75k aka mostly all those CAC that voted for Trump/Republican

and when they get to those entitlements they will get it again like the rest of us.. but they dont care because

Trump has disarmed the media..if its not on fox people think its fake.and also they think that it sticks it to the "liberals" and everyone under that umbrella... minorities
  • stringer bell
    Options
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Yea his father.. the Trumps do projection like no other..
  • playmaker88
    Options
    people that vote on "pocket book issues" are typically white because they give no ? about anything else..
  • playmaker88
    edited December 2017
    Options
    This ? ? just prayed over this administration
  • stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc40DHpGDM0

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/outnumbered-guest-stuns-hosts-after-suggesting-fbi-deputy-director-plotted-to-assassinate-trump/
    Outnumbered Guest Stuns Hosts After Suggesting FBI Deputy Director Plotted to Assassinate Trump

It appears there are some DEEP STATE conspiracies that are even too much for Fox News.

Over the past few weeks, we’ve witnessed a concerted effort by Fox News and conservative media figures to discredit and smear Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation. Much of that energy has been focused on painting Mueller’s team as biased and anti-Trump, specifically pointing to texts sent by FBI agent Peter Strzok that led to his removal from the probe.

During today’s broadcast of Fox News’ Outnumbered, #OneLuckyGuy Kevin Jackson was asked about reports that Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley wants Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe fired. Grassley added that the committee needed to get to the bottom of whether McCabe was referenced in a text sent by Strzok, which led Jackson down a rabbit hole:

I think they will say, what was his intent, right? That is exactly what former FBI Director James Comey said when he was letting Hillary Clinton off the hook. And his intent, whether it was an assassination attempt or whether, definitely something — I am just saying, we do not know what it was. When you say, ‘we gotta make sure this guy doesn’t get in at all costs’ — what does that mean? I am saying, there is a spectrum of what does it mean, but one thing we know for sure, is that he was plotting in an election against a candidate, and there is FBI fingerprints all over this.”

Outnumbered host Harris Faulkner immediately jumped in to run interference on Jackson’s behalf, considering that he had casually tossed out that one of the top guys at the FBI had plotted an assassination attempt against Donald Trump.

“All right, because I know how things get clipped on social media,” she stated. “I just want to make sure that we press in on the fact that no one has floated any sort of an idea that it was –”

“Oh, it’s been floated,” Jackson countered, before doubling down. “When I talk about this, I’m talking about social media stuff and, y’know, that’s out there. I’m not talking about media sources.”

After co-host Marie Harf chimed in to point out that there was “nothing credible” pointing to the allegation, Jackson just shrugged and said “yeah.” That presented an opening for the other hosts to try to move on from Jackson’s conspiracy theories.

But he wasn’t done.

Later on in the discussion, the panel switched over to talking about an upcoming meeting between Mueller and Trump’s lawyers. When asked to weigh in by Faulkner, Jackson said that he believed that “Mueller is going to ask for a pardon.”

After all of the Outnumbered hosts gasped “what?” in unison, Jackson backed up his claim by saying that it would be an “olive branch to the Trump administration.”

mrw-in-a-conspiracy-theory-thread-there-is-a-large-number-of-removed-comments-251931.gif
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    US President Donald Trump has threatened to cut aid to countries that vote in favour of a draft UN resolution condemning the US decision to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
    Trump said at the White House on Wednesday the US would be "watching those votes" in the General Assembly.
    "They take hundreds of millions of dollars and even billions of dollars, and then they vote against us. Well, we're watching those votes. Let them vote against us. We'll save a lot. We don't care," Reuters news agency quoted Trump as saying.

im convinced russia bought trump debt and got a video of him cuz this ? is gettin crazy
    keep it up and we’ll be kicked out of every ally’s country and guess who is waiting to take our place?
    RZ7Dq_s-200x150.gif

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

4nrt94wywr7y.jpeg

American empire will fall, not from foreign enemies, but from within. The start of the fall started on 9/11 - military and surveillance state buildup while cutting taxes at every turn. Budget deficit will be > a trillion soon, i wouldnt want to be Treasury secretary when the bond markets clap back.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4nrt94wywr7y.jpeg

American empire will fall, not from foreign enemies, but from within. The start of the fall started on 9/11 - military and surveillance state buildup while cutting taxes at every turn. Budget deficit will be > a trillion soon, i wouldnt want to be Treasury secretary when the bond markets clap back.

ps-240-marxism-spring-2015-45-638.jpg?cb=1427478268