Pentagon's secret ufo program revealed!!!!!!!!!!!! TODAY(CLEAR FOOTAGE OF U.F.O)

Options
2»

Comments

• Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    okaay wrote: »
    Why is it when it comes to UFOs, only one person see it?

That's not true. There were hundreds of people saw the ufos over Mexico city a few years ago

https://youtu.be/jw4fipnmxHw
  • sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sunlord wrote: »
    There are no aliens at least not any that can travel to and from earth at will

And how would you know oh human who has never space travels in your life? Oh we just know every damn thing down here.

FTL is impossible that's how i know, ALIENS would still be bound to the laws of physics so FTL would be impossible for them as it is for us.

We've been through this before. Stop judging what's possible by a limited understand of science both on your part and mankind's part. Besides FTL travel isn't even completely impossible from a theoretical standpoint. There are potential ways of traveling faster than light without actually breaking the speed of light.

WE should not have to understand all of science to make certain determinations.

and just because something makes sense theoretically does not mean it's possible some of those scientific theories are just math and words on paper.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    An object then appeared on the radar as another aviator spotted the unusual flying object. “I was like, ‘Dude, do you see that?’” Fravor recalled.

“We look down, we see a white disturbance in the water, like something's under the surface, and the waves are breaking over, but we see next to it, and it's flying around, and it's this little white Tic Tac, and it's moving around—left, right, forward, back. The radar immediately starts getting jammed, and all of a sudden it takes off," he continued.
    Fravor also said the planes flew lower to investigate the object. That was when the object started to mirror their movements before quickly disappearing, he added.
    "As we start to cut across, it rapidly accelerates, climbs past our altitude and disappears," Fravor said. "When it started to near us, as we started to descend towards it coming up, it was flying in the elongated way, so it's a Tic Tac, with the roundish end going in the forward direction. I don't know what it is. I don't know what I saw. I just know it was really impressive, really fast, and I would like to fly it."
    Adding to the bizarre experience, Fravor claimed the disturbance in the water also vanished with the object.ose. "I have never seen anything in my life, in my history of flying, that has the performance, the acceleration,” Fravor said. “Keep in mind, this thing had no wings.” He added, "You know, you see a lot of interesting things. But to show up on something that's a 40-foot-long white Tic Tac with no wings that can move, really, in any random direction that it wants and go from hovering over the ocean to mirroring us to accelerating to the point where it just disappears—like, ? , then it was gone."
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The government won’t even publicize the truth about white terrorism in America.....here on earth. Why the ? would I believe how they catergorize UFOs and outter space ? ?

I believe there is life beyond earth but I damn sure ain’t looking for honesty from the us government about it.

This might be lead up to the biggest scam ever. Funnel money into “extra terrestrial defense” funding. “We need your tax dollars to defend us against aliens from outter space. Their technologies may permanently damage the ozone layer. It could endanger and end all of humanity” or some ? .
    Beam some ? image into the sky as proof lol.

Dumb ? will be running around scared of some space hoax while defense companies laugh their way to the bank.

You should watch the last season of the X-Files

The next season in January should be off the hook considering the ending of the last one.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And how would you know oh human who has never space travels in your life? Oh we just know every damn thing down here.

FTL is impossible that's how i know, ALIENS would still be bound to the laws of physics so FTL would be impossible for them as it is for us.

We've been through this before. Stop judging what's possible by a limited understand of science both on your part and mankind's part. Besides FTL travel isn't even completely impossible from a theoretical standpoint. There are potential ways of traveling faster than light without actually breaking the speed of light.

and just because something makes sense theoretically does not mean it's possible some of those scientific theories are just math and words on paper.

You cannot make absolute determinations without absolute knowledge. That doesn't make sense. Quantum mechanics would have been inconceivable to people during Newton's time, but the science is true nonetheless. And you're correct, theories are not necessarily true, but the fact that there are theories with merit makes your proclamation silly given that you don't have anywhere near the scientific rigor backing your stance.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Navy Pilot Who Encountered UFO Interviewed By CNN || Pentagon UFO Research
    https://youtu.be/14wkpHH6CpQ
  • sunlord
    Options

You cannot make absolute determinations without absolute knowledge. That doesn't make sense. Quantum mechanics would have been inconceivable to people during Newton's time, but the science is true nonetheless. And you're correct, theories are not necessarily true, but the fact that there are theories with merit makes your proclamation silly given that you don't have anywhere near the scientific rigor backing your stance.

I disagree with you. YOU can be absolutely sure that light moves at a certain speed in a vacuum and that nothing can move through our expanding universe faster than it ... that knowledge can be perfectly correct and that's all that is needed to determine that building FTL SPACE traveling ships an impossibility. If you can prove that something can be built that can move faster than light then i would be wrong.

Every theory that proposed ftl travel has been proven to be wrong or totally impossible . scientist come up with faulty theories all that time
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

I disagree with you. YOU can be absolutely sure that light moves at a certain speed in a vacuum and that nothing can move through our expanding universe faster than it ... that knowledge can be perfectly correct and that's all that is needed to determine that building FTL SPACE traveling ships an impossibility. If you can prove that something can be built that can move faster than light then i would be wrong.

Every theory that proposed ftl travel has been proven to be wrong or totally impossible . scientist come up with faulty theories all that time

Why does our physics and constants have to apply to the entire cosmos

Get rid of those Earthly boundaries and you may notice all the possibilities
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Those aren't the same thing though. Light has been measured, so yeah you can make an absolute statement about how fast it moves in a vaccuum. You can even make the conjecture that nothing can move faster than it, which Einstein did and which has lasted for decades. No one has proven him wrong, but that doesn't mean that he isn't wrong.

This kinda thing happens all the time in physics. According to Newtonian physics, the idea that a particle displays wavelike properties is ridicuous. If you go back a few hundred years ago and propose the double slit experiment to one of them, they'd likely make the same kinda statements you're making, and guess what, they'd be wrong.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

It's not. It's been broken for some years now. In 2007 the team at MINOS in Minnesota did it with neutrinos but they didn't trust the results. 4 years later teams between CERN and Gran Sasso in Italy repeated it... several times over and have confirmed it. I also remember two different teams on opposite sides of the planet did it within 24hrs of each other with different particles. The article was posted over on Slashdot but I'm too lazy to log in and look through my old posts to find the article.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited December 2017
    Options
    an Unidentified Flying Object does not mean something is an Alien Spacecraft.

I do not believe extraterrestrial life has yet visited this planet or in some government conspiracy with alien lifeforms , that laughably preposterous.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    okaay wrote: »
    Why is it when it comes to UFOs, only one person see it?

My aunt, uncle, and everyone else that was on the highway somewhere in Michigan saw one back in the late 80's. Lit up the whole thing one night and it brought traffic to a complete stop with everyone getting out of their cars to look at it.

Plus there are a ton of sightings with multiple witnesses including the *televised* mass sighting in Phoenix and Sonora , Mexico back in '97 and the mass sighting in Kecksburg, Pennsylvania that also included numerous residents of the area actually seeing the UFO after it crashed. There was a documentary on this one and it always had me fascinated because it's very similar to the crash at Roswell, NM where there was a shitload of people that witnessed it and even had artifacts from it until the military came in and basically erased the whole ? . NASA magically "lost" all of the documents related to Kecksburg. There's also the V-shaped formation seen by hundreds of people north of NYC back in '83, that one also made the news pretty much all over the country. I just read up on it and eyewitnesses said it was a mammoth ship the size of a "flying city". There's a lot more than these too and all over the planet to boot.

Nah b, there's been plenty of mass sightings.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

I do not believe extraterrestrial life has yet visited this planet or in some government conspiracy with alien lifeforms , that laughably preposterous.

Not really. This planet is old as hell it's easy to see how this planet could have been visited multiple times over millions of years.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

Not really. This planet is old as hell it's easy to see how this planet could have been visited multiple times over millions of years.

I dont believe we are the only intelligent species in the universe, thats said i have not seen conclusive archaeological evidence of this , and those Egyptian hieroglyphics and aztek drawings dont quite cut it neither.

• PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Our laws of physics are only defined by the parameters in which we can currently capacitate. I guarantee they can and will change. Hell, have you heard of time crystals? Gravitational waves? Quantum teleportation of photons across long distances was just demonstrated by China the other day.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anything involving the government I don't trust. Like I really believe they have been researching ufos for that short amount of time and it only cost that relatively small amount of money.

It's always the tip of the iceberg whenever they disclose anything to us. The fact that they didclose anything to us shows they have been lying or withholding information.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anything involving the government I don't trust. Like I really believe they have been researching ufos for that short amount of time and it only cost that relatively small amount of money.

It's always the tip of the iceberg whenever they disclose anything to us. The fact that they didclose anything to us shows they have been lying or withholding information.

And it makes them even more suspect when you consider other governments and coutries have opened their files, so we know others have documentation and ? but the US for so long was/is like 'nope nope nope they don't exist'.
  • sunlord
    edited December 2017
    Options

It's not. It's been broken for some years now. In 2007 the team at MINOS in Minnesota did it with neutrinos but they didn't trust the results. 4 years later teams between CERN and Gran Sasso in Italy repeated it... several times over and have confirmed it. I also remember two different teams on opposite sides of the planet did it within 24hrs of each other with different particles. The article was posted over on Slashdot but I'm too lazy to log in and look through my old posts to find the article.

YOU should probably re-read what i have been saying... finding particles that go faster than light is not the same as building ships that can carry things at that speed and in any case what you said has been debunked

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2012/06/once-again-physicists-debunk-faster-light-neutrinos

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2017/02/faster-than-the-speed-of-light-physicists-predicts-its-not-constant-view-todays-galaxy-stream.html
  • sunlord
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »

Why does our physics and constants have to apply to the entire cosmos

Get rid of those Earthly boundaries and you may notice all the possibilities

BECAUSE what we know that is correct about physics exist in the universe it has to apply to all of the universe. There are universal constants that have to exit everywhere or else the whole universe will collapse. In fact it is only when universes begin or collapse that these laws seemingly don't apply. The possibilities are limited
  • sunlord
    Options

Those aren't the same thing though. Light has been measured, so yeah you can make an absolute statement about how fast it moves in a vaccuum. You can even make the conjecture that nothing can move faster than it, which Einstein did and which has lasted for decades. No one has proven him wrong, but that doesn't mean that he isn't wrong.

This kinda thing happens all the time in physics. According to Newtonian physics, the idea that a particle displays wavelike properties is ridicuous. If you go back a few hundred years ago and propose the double slit experiment to one of them, they'd likely make the same kinda statements you're making, and guess what, they'd be wrong.

the problem i have with you reasoning is that under it you can conclude that anything is possible..... we just don't know how yet. If you proposed the double slit experiment and it's conclusions to the people of newtons time they probably would laugh at you but if you showed it to them they probably wouldn't.

The problem with ftl travel is no one can show it, we cannot even propose a solution that is reasonable.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    the problem i have with you reasoning is that under it you can conclude that anything is possible..... we just don't know how yet. If you proposed the double slit experiment and it's conclusions to the people of newtons time they probably would laugh at you but if you showed it to them they probably wouldn't.

The problem with ftl travel is no one can show it, we cannot even propose a solution that is reasonable.

lol You never have a solution until you find the solution. That's the point, your whole premise rests on the idea that since we don't know how to do something now, it must not be possible. That's crazy. If people thought that, we'd never have made any progress.

I get why you think my stance is that anything is possible, but there is a nuanced difference between what you think I'm saying and what I'm actually saying. I'm not saying that anything is possible. Say we make the assumption that all actions in the universe are bounded by a set of intractable physical laws. You're using the idea that nothing can move faster than the speed of light as one of those laws. What I'm saying is that mankind's understanding of those laws at this point is limited. If we do not fully understand all the laws then we cannot say what is possible within the bounds of those laws. That is something we've seen time and time again in science as things that we thought were indisputable turned out to be wrong or only partially true as we learned more and expanded our knowledge.
  • sunlord
    Options

lol You never have a solution until you find the solution. That's the point, your whole premise rests on the idea that since we don't know how to do something now, it must not be possible. That's crazy. If people thought that, we'd never have made any progress.

I get why you think my stance is that anything is possible, but there is a nuanced difference between what you think I'm saying and what I'm actually saying. I'm not saying that anything is possible. Say we make the assumption that all actions in the universe are bounded by a set of intractable physical laws. You're using the idea that nothing can move faster than the speed of light as one of those laws. What I'm saying is that mankind's understanding of those laws at this point is limited. If we do not fully understand all the laws then we cannot say what is possible within the bounds of those laws. That is something we've seen time and time again in science as things that we thought were indisputable turned out to be wrong or only partially true as we learned more and expanded our knowledge.

My point is that we have to have a basis for what can exist and what cannot and by a process of elimination we determine what cannot exist and what can. That's how progress is made, ONCE WE find out that fire is hot any speculation that fire is cold should be eliminated.

The speed of light is the ground everything stands on, it cannot be removed our understanding of it is as complete as our understanding of anything can get. IT'S A foundation if you throw that away you don't have a house just random ? all over the place with no logical consistency.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Neutrinos been changed the game
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

My point is that we have to have a basis for what can exist and what cannot and by a process of elimination we determine what cannot exist and what can. That's how progress is made, ONCE WE find out that fire is hot any speculation that fire is cold should be eliminated.

The speed of light is the ground everything stands on, it cannot be removed our understanding of it is as complete as our understanding of anything can get. IT'S A foundation if you throw that away you don't have a house just random ? all over the place with no logical consistency.

That's not how science works though. lol Things that are understood to be laws get revised all the time. df = dp/dt was just as fundamental a foundation for Newtonian physics as the speed of light is for Einstein's version of physics. However, that formulation has to be revised when considering things moving really fast or that are really small or that are really massive. Again, someone in someone around Newton's times would make a lot of the same arguments you're making with regards to infallibility of his laws. However, now that we've gathered data that wouldn't have been possible during those times, we know that his laws needed to be revised. Our understanding of the speed of like could be the same.