2Pac Vs Biggie

RickyRich
RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in The Reason
since someone made a nas vs jay poll thread might aswell do this one for the last time .

2Pac Vs Biggie 17 votes

tupac
64%
soul rattlerStewkingblaze84franknittiIdiopathic JokerKid DynastyT. SanfordLincolnSoloman_The_WiseGo figurebck145 11 votes
biggie
35%
achewon87the_focused_oneCeLLaR-DooRonetoughmiraclepachá125 Grand 6 votes

Comments

• JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    biggie
    This won't be the last time.

Biggie.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is the I.C ending? whats the news guys?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    biggie
    Not even close imo
  • the_focused_one
    edited December 2017
    biggie
    Not even close imo
    Seriously.

I know emotional response counts for A LOT in something as subjective as music, but outside of emotional delivery, Biggie excels in every other aspect:
    -Lyrically by a country mile
    -Better storytelling
    -FAR better ear for beats
    -Subject variety

How many of these cats that think Pac is better have actually listen to his albums and not just his greatest hits? His discography is extremely inconsistent in my opinion. I know Biggie only had 2.5 albums, but damn if he wasn't consistent as hell with a nice balance of being entertaining and lyrical on damn near every track. If he had been alive long enough to put out 5 albums, I couldn't see him falling off anytime soon.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited December 2017
    Not even close imo
    Seriously.

I know emotional response counts for A LOT in something as subjective as music, but outside of emotional delivery, Biggie excels in every other aspect:
    -Better storytelling
    -Subject variety

How many of these cats that think Pac is better have actually listen to his albums and not just his greatest hits? His discography is extremely inconsistent in my opinion. I know Biggie only had 2.5 albums, but damn if he wasn't consistent as hell with a nice balance of being entertaining and lyrical on damn near every track. If he had been alive long enough to put out 5 albums, I couldn't see him falling off anytime soon.

U sound like a delusional biggie Stanley cuz makaveli was only getting better album by album.....smh big could never make a real trak like white man's world...

https://youtu.be/lS6OB2W1oRI
  • gee757
    U biggie stanleys r Krazy if u think he could make a makaveli!...foh
  • the_focused_one
    biggie
    gee757 wrote: »
    Not even close imo
    Seriously.

-Better storytelling
    -Subject variety

U sound like a delusional biggie Stanley cuz makaveli was only getting better album by album.....smh big could never make a real trak like white man's world...

You think Biggie couldn't make a "real" track about the black struggle? LMAO.

See, that's where Biggie shined. He could spit struggle bars, but he would mix it in with storytelling over dope beats that made it seem entertaining instead of "real." Biggie could be grimy, but he didn't have to always be dark like Pac. His range on verses was incredible.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tupac
    Like a broken record

Tupac was miles ahead as an artist and rapper
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tupac
    2pac still the GOAT by far. I still don't think anyone is close to him, Biggie still in my top 4.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    tupac
    Not even close imo
    Seriously.

-Better storytelling
    -Subject variety

Biggie did not have the subject variety 2pac had, are you serious?? I know Biggie was young and had limitless potential, but I think he would be along the lines of Jay-Z now subject matter wise, deep but just not in the same level as Pac. Pac made deep songs in levels no rapper I can think of comes close to, though Lupe, Nas and some others definitely raise the bar too. But Biggie was a little shallow in most of his songs.

I been listening to hip hop for over 20 years now and I still can't find anyone as deep as Pac was. Biggie's storytelling ability was fantastic but Biggie didn't make songs like Brenda's Got A Baby or Dear Mama. No one had subject variety the way 2pac did bruh, especially not Biggie. Still love Biggie though.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tupac
    Not even close imo

Cosign
  • gee757
    gee757 wrote: »
    Not even close imo
    Seriously.

-Better storytelling
    -Subject variety

You think Biggie couldn't make a "real" track about the black struggle? LMAO.

See, that's where Biggie shined. He could spit struggle bars, but he would mix it in with storytelling over dope beats that made it seem entertaining instead of "real." Biggie could be grimy, but he didn't have to always be dark like Pac. His range on verses was incredible.

No big could not make a makaveli & u r tripping if u think pacs Musik was getting worse..smh
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭