Options
1459460461462463465»

Comments

• TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I had to throw them a bone.

Still haven't seen JL nor will I ever see TLJ. I have no dog in this race.

Why do you even post in LCA? Lol! I don't think you watch anything or think anything's good.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I had to throw them a bone.

Still haven't seen JL nor will I ever see TLJ. I have no dog in this race.

Why do you even post in LCA? Lol! I don't think you watch anything or think anything's good.

I post in threads you don't post in clearly.

Just because I'm not busy keeping up with trendy movies like you does not mean I'm not watching anything.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Broddie you ever think of becoming a paid film critic? You're far left with your opinions on cinema... some of which I agree with

• Broddie
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    @Broddie you ever think of becoming a paid film critic? You're far left with your opinions on cinema... some of which I agree with

That field is too overcrowded with hack amateurs now. To do that for a living nowadays would be quite off putting cause of that. Not enough Ebert's or Pauline Kael's left.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ‘X-Men: First Class’ Director Matthew Vaughn On Why He’d Rather Work With DC Over Marvel

Kick-Ass and X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn confirms talks with DC Films — but says his first post-Kingsman: The Golden Circle movie might move away from superheroes.

"I do love the world of DC, and I've been talking to them at the moment about a few things," Vaughn shared in a new interview with the IGN UK Podcast.

Vaughn explained there would be less pressure stepping into the DC Comics world, because the franchise is currently lagging behind genre leader Marvel Studios.

"It's more fun getting involved with franchises when they're on the down, because then it's easier to make a good film," Vaughn said. "So if I got involved with a few of the superhero films out there that have been disappointing, it's going to be... if I do OK, it'll probably be better."

The English director — once tapped to helm 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand before abandoning the X-Men threequel — eventually boarded the franchise with 2011's First Class, a quasi-reboot that focused on younger iterations of Patrick Stewart's Charles Xavier and Ian McKellen's Magneto.

The prequel came after The Last Stand and 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine were mauled by critics.

"So when I did X-Men there was, you know, a pretty low bar — X-Men 3, no offence, was not a fantastic piece of work," Vaughn said. "It's much more fun saving and reinventing something — I'd be more intimidated trying to do a new Guardians [of the Galaxy], for example."

"If I was going to do Batman, there's no point doing the Dark Knight, because it's been done to perfection — if I was doing Batman, I'd go 'Christ, let's bring out the Adam West version,'" Vaughn added. "I'm not interested in copying somebody else's take on the genre."

But, Vaughn says, his next project could put a pin in capes and costumes.

"I've got to figure out what I'm doing next and I feel like flexing a muscle which I haven't used before," Vaughn said, "And I've filmed quite a few superhero movies."

Vaughn, who has plans for a Kingsman 3, previously opened up about his "chats" with Warner Bros. about Superman (Henry Cavill), whose Man of Steel is the lowest-earning movie thus far out of the DCEU. The character was effectively retooled during the events of Justice League.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle is now available to own on 4K UHD and Blu-ray.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/18/matthew-vaughn-DC-films-marvel/
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I would love to see Vaughn Direct a DC movie!

Not a batman film since he wants to do a adam west version, but If he took on Man Of Steel 2 that could be pretty epic!
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I would love to see Vaughn Direct a DC movie!

Not a batman film since he wants to do a adam west version, but If he took on Man Of Steel 2 that could be pretty epic!

Superman with elements of first class? Yea I would pay money to see that.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    'Shazam' Director Recommends Comics Fans Should Read

As production on Shazam! picks up speed, audiences are trying to prepare for the DC Extended Universe debut of the lesser-known DC Comics hero. Now, the film's director is offering his recommendations of what comics to read to get familiar with the titular hero.

After being asked by a fan on Twitter what titles they should check out to get ready for Shazam!, David F. Sandberg replied with a series of suggestions that cover the character's origins all the way up to Shazam's current incarnation. He also offers up a suggestion that fans should check out "Flashpoint," just to get acquainted with Shazam's alternate timeline version, Captain Thunder.

Sandberg's suggestions -- which other than "Flashpoint" are all trade collections of Shazam stories -- may help fans get a good understanding of who the character is ahead of, but could also give fans some insight as to Sandberg's take on the character. While the fan specifically asked for suggestions that wouldn't give anything away, the Swedish director himself had to do some reading to familiarize himself with Shazam as he said earlier this year that his understanding of Shazam largely came from the Justice League.

"It wasn't a character I grew up with," Sandberg said. "It was published in Sweden, where I'm from, in the '70s, so it's a little before my time. So, I only knew him from the Justice League. It's not until now that I'm getting into the comics and reading a lot of the old ones, the Geoff Johns ones, The Power of Shazam, and looking at a bunch of animation. So, I'm really getting to know the character."

And despite Sandberg suggesting fans familiarize themselves with the New 52 portrayal of Shazam and Billy Batson, the director has already made clear that there will be differences in how Billy Batson is portrayed in Shazam! In the New 52, Billy is a pretty terrible foster kid and Sandberg was clear on Twitter last week that Billy wouldn't be "a huge ? " in the film like he is in the New 52. It's an assertion that seems to fit with the "Big with super powers" comparison that the film has already received.

Shazam! currently has a 3.69 out of 5 ComicBook.com User Anticipation Rating, making it the 13th most anticipated upcoming comic book movie among ComicBook.com Users. Let us know how excited you are about Shazam! by giving the movie your own personal ComicBook.com User Anticipation Rating below.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/12/18/shazam-david-f-sandberg-comics-recommendation/
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Love writing from Geoff Johns, but i never checked out any of his Shazam stories besides the one they had in the back pages of Justice League in the New 52. That story was alright, but wasnt incredible.
  • Broddie
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Captain Marvel has way better stories than that Geoff Johns ? . Way way better. The CC Beck stuff, Ordway's Power of Shazam, Grant Morrison's Thunderworld etc.

Hell Johns has even topped his New 52 take in the past with the way he handled the characters during his first JSA run.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just do shazam and the monster society or whatever it was called. perfect intro to the character. modern, funny, and billy batson aint a little ? like in new 52/rebirth
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

WE BACK!

DC Fandome event was dope. Promising future for the DCEU with AT&T buying Warner Bros.

Excited for Snydercut. Hopefully the pandemic dont last much longer so we can get some ? releases.