Bobby Seale breaks down difference between New Black Panthers and Original BP

Options
Funky Dr
Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)

Comments

• independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited July 2010
    Options
    my man said its time to ? some ? babies.. lol..
    them Philly boys direct to the point huh...
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Good interview. And lol @ those new black panther muthafukkas making that white woman cry LMAO!!!!!
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Don't burn the flag... just come back home

ture.gif
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I dont understand flag burning. It's like burning a jersey. YOu just burning your own property. Its not like a riot where tax payers will feel the burden of your actions. Its just you burning your own ? . But only literally and directly.
  • elliott_argon
    elliott_argon Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    bobby seale love them white women
  • the_underground
    the_underground Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? , at the beginning of the video, I've seen that guy in dreads who is holding the club. I've seen him at a protest before. Dude is not the most personable guy. lol

Huey Newton said that he never wanted a new Black Panther Party. He said that the party existed in its own time for that specific period, and for other people to find ways of organizing in the years to come. I don't blame New Black Panthers for being angry at racism and white people, but I think that they're being counterproductive. The focus should be on making political and economic assessments about capitalism and community organizing. These new dudes are just ranting. Ranting is good, but it's nothing without grassroots action right now. I never see these dudes in the hood trying to speak to people about any change like with Huey and Bobby.
  • Sourpatch Kid
    Sourpatch Kid Members Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It seems like as black people of this generation some of us have misconstrued ideas of who we are and we act out of fear instead of pride in who we are so we become like the people that we fought against because we forgot we're we came from.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Bobby made some good points. What good is it doing sitting on the corner spouting anti-white rhetoric if you're not actually doing anything to help uplift the community. These cats got the game all screwed up. They based their whole movement on screaming "? Whitey" as if that's supposed to suddenly make everything better for black people.

SMH @ the chick trying to get Bobby to ? on those dudes. He handled it well though. He explained the differences and upped his party without falling into her trap and giving a soundbite that could be used to publicly denounce the New Black Panthers.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Bobby Seale turn Martin Luther King overnight lmao.
  • garv
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I can't even agree with Bobby Seale on this one, he played right into their hands.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    How so? He didn't even denounce them. He just said that the original Black Panther party wasn't about racism or separation from other races or bashing other races. The original party was about freedom from institutional racism and uplifting of the community. Being that he founded them and went through all the drama as a part of them, I think he would know better than anyone what they stood for.

He's also not wrong about the New Black Panthers. They have not shown any of the empowerment efforts that the old party did. That's a fact. They don't seem to stand for what the old party did either because they aren't making any power moves that are orchestrated to better the community. Now I'm not saying they are as bad as the media tries to make them out to be, but they do seem like the typical so called 'black militants" who speak very loudly with words but do very little with actions. Bobby isn't even the only one to say that. Other members of the former party have taken the same stance. Hell, Bobby said in this very interview, that his people have been trying to get him to renounce the new party for years because of they way they have distorted the message of the old party.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I dont understand flag burning. It's like burning a jersey. YOu just burning your own property. Its not like a riot where tax payers will feel the burden of your actions. Its just you burning your own ? . But only literally and directly.

lol word

which makes the conservative obsession with outlawing it that much more funny

nevermind the fact that you could just alter the flag, then burn it, to avoid violating any such law
  • Sourpatch Kid
    Sourpatch Kid Members Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    I can't even agree with Bobby Seale on this one, he played right into their hands.

Coming from the person that says Cleopatra isn't black, I ain't even gonna care to know why you think this way.
  • garv
    edited July 2010
    Options
    How so? He didn't even denounce them. He just said that the original Black Panther party wasn't about racism or separation from other races or bashing other races. The original party was about freedom from institutional racism and uplifting of the community. Being that he founded them and went through all the drama as a part of them, I think he would know better than anyone what they stood for.

He's also not wrong about the New Black Panthers. They have not shown any of the empowerment efforts that the old party did. That's a fact. They don't seem to stand for what the old party did either because they aren't making any power moves that are orchestrated to better the community. Now I'm not saying they are as bad as the media tries to make them out to be, but they do seem like the typical so called 'black militants" who speak very loudly with words but do very little with actions. Bobby isn't even the only one to say that. Other members of the former party have taken the same stance. Hell, Bobby said in this very interview, that his people have been trying to get him to renounce the new party for years because of they way they have distorted the message of the old party.

I don't know too much about New Black Panther Party, all i know whas that there former leader Khalid Muhammed was a real freedom fighter. Maybe you could educate me more on the original black panthers as i haven't yet read on them and my knowledge on them is very limited, but i always though they were more militant than Bobby Seale paints them to be. Maybe i got fooled by former Black Panthers like Assata Shakur.

And if i was Bobby Seale i wouldn't come on a program like CNN in the first place, at the end of the day Bobby Seale is here rationalizing his point of view who used to call his party racist years ago, it all seems like infiltration to me by getting a prominent black leader to speak against a new black organization, thats what it seems like to me.

And power moves as in what getting elected to congress i have different opinions on that matter.
  • garv
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Coming from the person that says Cleopatra isn't black, I ain't even gonna care to know why you think this way.

Lmao don't even go there brother, i never denied that Kemet was an indigenous African civilization, by the time Cleopatra came to power it was being ruled by foreign powers that did not follow Kemetic customs, so spare me with your ? , Cleopatra was not black she was Macedonian.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

I actually agree with this post. Just more CNN mind fuckery at it's best.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    This is like when Ice-T dissed Soulja Boy.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The New Black Panther Party could be an FBI front also.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »

I wouldn't doubt it. All part of the game. Any intelligent brother knows you aint going to wake people up by talking about murdering babies... come on... get real.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    I wouldn't doubt it. All part of the game. Any intelligent brother knows you aint going to wake people up by talking about murdering babies... come on... get real.

lmao

• garv
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Do you think that Seale should have celebrated and embrace the comments that Philly NBPP-Leader was shouting in the streets re: Blacks & Whites being together as couples?

If you feel that Seale should not had supported those ridiculous comments...then please explain how you came to conclude that he played into their Hands?

He played in to there hands by even appearing on the joke network on the first place, they had a clear motive when inviting him on, and the ironic thing is the white woman was acting like Black Panther party were accepted and not seen as radicals in their day as well, he should of declined, if he wants to speak to the NBP he could do that privately.
  • garv
    edited July 2010
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »

Maybe but i doubt Khalid Muhammed was a front.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Maybe but i doubt Khalid Muhammed was a front.

Well you know that was a straight up and down gov't assassination....He was fiery but he was more active than the new leadership. i think their movement died with him.