Andrea Bargnani.. the next Dirk Nowitzki?!?!

Options
joeyfkncrakk
joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
He has probably been the most lowkey overall #1 draftpick in nba history.. I won't say he hasnt lived up to expectations but he has been a so-so player.. But iremember watching him last year during a couple games and I was really impressed.. The dude should be a beast now that Bosh is gone.. His whole game is like a duplicate of Dirk Nowitzki he is pretty nice and his jumper is just silky.. I think this year he will break out and probably be most improved player.. I really think highly of him, he's been very under the radar but now the spotlight is on him.. I expect 22ppg and about 8 rebounds and him become a real threat in league next year

Comments

• Beast_Side
    Beast_Side Members Posts: 779
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The only reason he'll score 20 a game next season is because someone has to score for Toronto, other than that....dude aint that nice
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Beast_Side wrote: »
    The only reason he'll score 20 a game next season is because someone has to score for Toronto, other than that....dude aint that nice

dude is nice.. he balled last year next to bosh.. thats probably the only reason he couldnt get any love and that he plays in canada.. he stepped his whole game up last year.. most people who will comment havent even watched him ball really.. the dude has game, he will break out next year and its not cuz of the exit of bosh fully.. he really grew his repetoire last year even when bosh was hurt he did his thing
  • Beast_Side
    Beast_Side Members Posts: 779
    edited July 2010
    Options
    dude is nice.. he balled last year next to bosh.. thats probably the only reason he couldnt get any love and that he plays in canada.. he stepped his whole game up last year.. most people who will comment havent even watched him ball really.. the dude has game, he will break out next year and its not cuz of the exit of bosh fully.. he really grew his repetoire last year even when bosh was hurt he did his thing

I've seen him play, and he's nice when he has the ball...but, he suffers from the European style of ball...s-o-f-t...if he had a little more heart he'd be way better
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    He's Solid but he aint got it like that.........

He's Soft and im not Really Diggin the Whole 7'0 Ft 250 But only averaging 6 rebounds... and those 6 rebounds per game were a Career High...............Cmon son.
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited July 2010
    Options
    He's Solid but he aint got it like that.........

He's Soft and im not Really Diggin the Whole 7'0 Ft 250 But only averaging 6 rebounds... and those 6 rebounds per game were a Career High...............Cmon son.

i respect yo opinion but like i said he will break out this year.. he actually had some games where he took over more than bosh.. he will scrape up at least 2 or 3 more boards a game since bosh will be ghost.. his outside and midrange game is very similar to dirk.. he can wet in your face and step back.. i think the raptors can still get an 8 seed with him as the focal point because I think Demar Derozen might be way nastier on both ends.. so he might be a nice 2nd or 3rd option.. Andrea has alot of game that hasnt been recognized on the offensive end his defense can use work but I saw a column on hoopshype where he said he feels like he hasnt arrived yet so he must be feeling like he has to up his game.. He has all the talent he just has to put it all out there.. Remember Toronto traded for a washed up Jermaine Oneal and he took time from him til he got traded then he got his mojo back since then he's avg 15 in '09 and 17 in '10 I expect those to go up to at least 4 or 5 points more a game and then he will prob be a household name
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Above average shooter. Terrible rebounder. Terrible defense. No passing ability. Can't handle the rock.

Sit down ?
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lets stop Mentioning him and Dirk 2gether , because i keep reading that and it's making me shake my head constantly , so lets stop with that until he does so.....

he's Solid.........nothing more

"i Believe" , "i Think" , "He Probably Will" ....Doesn't Count , you're hyping him up a little hard right now, he's not a bad player, but nah.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    In terms of how Dirk played early in his career the comparison can be made but they are two different players....not even close cause Dirks been in the league longer.

Still developing but this season will prove if he is legit or not since Bosh is gone. Probably will average between 20-23 points per game now that the offense will allow him to take more shots.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Dirk at Age 21 was putting up the same stats Bargnani just did at age 24

i Don't See that type of Player in Bargnani, Dude isn't even agressive like that, he has a very passive type game ....

He's Def not a Scrub im sure a lot of teams would love to have him but he's not a Next Dirk.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Andrea barg is nothing like dirk, he's too stiff, he can shoot but he does not have the skill, heart or attitude that dirk has. I still say the Raps wasted that #1 pick on him.
  • j-boogie the cancer
    j-boogie the cancer Members Posts: 552 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Dirk was waaaaaaaaaaayy better at 24 than Bargnani ever could be. He is good but not Dirk good. But he is going to be serviceable in the league but nothing outstanding.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    foh w/ the dirk comparisons
    andrea is SOFT AS HELL
    how u gonna be seven foot tall and NEVER average 10 rebounds???
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    bargnani is decent but like everybody said, he's no dirk. they need a defender under the basket in the worst way
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    foh w/ the dirk comparisons
    andrea is SOFT AS HELL
    how u gonna be seven foot tall and NEVER average 10 rebounds???

Thats the same thing they told dirk when he was younger
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Dudes gotta understand this, I live in TO so I've seen dude play enough times-he's not a good rebounder and gets bullied by dudes that are 6'1 & 6'2 smh. The man just started running to the basket and dunking last season smh...
  • joeyfkncrakk
    edited July 2010
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    [/B]

Thats the same thing they told dirk when he was younger

exactly...