Could any of you work as a Police Officer?

kentuckywildcat
kentuckywildcat Members Posts: 9,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
Did any of you have Dreams when you was a little Kid about becoming a Officer? Could any of you see yourself doing this job? Being one of Brooklyn's Finest?

I know some of you coming up in your Neighborhood,Police was looked down on.It is consider a snitching job to some people,but it is a job. They are only doing the right thing and fighting Crime. Still some people look at them as the enemy.

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Did any of you have Dreams when you was a little Kid about becoming a Officer? Could any of you see yourself doing this job? Being one of Brooklyn's Finest?

I know some of you coming up in your Neighborhood,Police was looked down on.It is consider a snitching job to some people,,but it is a job. They are only doing the right thing and fighting Crime. Still some people look at them as some the enemy.

Criminals look at them as the enemy.. i mean im leary of them.. i have no reason to be.., but thats the dynamic that is present and has been for a very long time. Its funny how ? that breaks down the community is lauded.. and a "often" respectable job as a cop.. is shunned.. its a backwards world..
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Depends on what city I'm working for
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Criminals look at them as the enemy.. i mean im leary of them.. i have no reason to be.., but thats the dynamic that is present and has been for a very long time. Its funny how ? that breaks down the community is lauded.. and a "often" respectable job as a cop.. is shunned.. its a backwards world..

C/S. I can respect an officer with integrity, but they have to be held to a high standard. And the good ones understand that.

I would not be a cop.
  • ricanprince
    ricanprince Members Posts: 1,869 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    why not ive never had any problems with a police officer, there have been plenty of times when I should have been given a ticket but instead I received a verbal warning. I know the IC and most blacks think all cops are crooked, but there are alot of good officers as well.
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I would be the coolest, most down to earth, unothodox cop.
  • P-Unit Productions
    P-Unit Productions Members Posts: 963 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    How many convicted felons who can't find decent jobs become a cop if they could?
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    My ? about to be a cop. I still cant believe it. As for me na. Id be too paranoid
  • kentuckywildcat
    edited July 2010
    My ? about to be a cop. I still cant believe it. As for me na. Id be too paranoid

What got you paranoid about it...Getting Shot?...or what the Hood would think?
  • playmaker88
    edited July 2010
    Some people arent cut out to be cops.. you gotta have a certain level of tolerance.. and mental acuity.. ? some cops shouldnt be cops.. Its a lot of ? fratboy types.. I would be more paranoid with the boys in blue... as a blue than anything.
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited July 2010
    worst comes to worst im becoming one in march....risky as ? i live in baltimore city....im moving to the county before i become one tho cant be an officer livin in the hood im 100% sure my house would get shot up and i be killed first day ? round here dont take ppl being a cop too nicely and i used to be in the streets heavy with the same ? who prob would shoot me up if they found out i was a cop

i say ? it a ? gotta start makin some money im past all that hood ? just smart enough to get out before i become one
  • playmaker88
    edited July 2010
    worst comes to worst im becoming one in march....risky as ? i live in baltimore city....im moving to the county before i become one tho cant be an officer livin in the hood im 100% sure my house would get shot up and i be killed first day ? round here dont take ppl being a cop too nicely and i used to be in the streets heavy with the same ? who prob would shoot me up if they found out i was a cop

i say ? it a ? gotta start makin some money im past all that hood ? just smart enough to get out before i become one

Smart for every one of you theres 50 dead .. aimless or locked upped ?
  • kentuckywildcat
    edited July 2010
    Yeah,some do it thinking it will get them a x-tra pair of ? ..n\h. Some of them be ? Cops. The Training Day Type...Denzel... or the one Ethan Hawke played in Brooklyn's Finest. Do people ? and take it over the Limit. Use they're Badge to Bully people.
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I guess you can say that. Not just shot but the other ? that comes with being a cop. You can never tell with people these days
  • bham100
    bham100 Members Posts: 316
    edited July 2010
    Id be on some Vick Mackey ?
  • Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I would want to be a probation officer.

*? in this cup ? . I know u ? *
  • kentuckywildcat
    edited July 2010
    I have a couple of Officers in my family. They are good Cops and I have nothing aganist them. Just the ones who use their Badge for power
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Yeah,some do it thinking it will get them a x-tra pair of ? ..n\h. Some of them be ? Cops. The Training Day Type...Denzel... or the one Ethan Hawke played in Brooklyn's Finest. Do people ? and take it over the Limit. Use they're Badge to Bully people.

Thats why I couldn't become a cop, I would be crooked. I would be reluctant to arrest someone for smoking or being in possesion of marijuana, prejudice against whites, pocket drug money from drug busts. This city doesn't want to see me become a cop.
  • C.Melendez
    C.Melendez Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    pops killed by police ...and my block "robin hoood" also killed by police..sooo nope
    I know all police not bad but not for me
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    No. ANd not cuz of all that ? the police stuff either.

I just dont give a ? . They really dont do ? other than drive around harass people and racially profile. And Im not about to arrest a lot of people for anything other than murder or ? . ANd seeing as though thats something Detectives deal with more often its really just an empty job for those with empty minds.

NOw if you're a cop cuz u young and need a quick paycheck thats different.
    Yea see, this ? right here is acceptable.

But muthafukkas who are itching to be a cop are usually corrupt ass muthafukkas from jump. But if its a last resort then I can see it.
  • jbrooks229
    jbrooks229 Members Posts: 1,306 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    i would be crooked