Yall niccas get on ol boy 4 callin Melo a 2nd option but......

Options
D.D.S.
D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
bilfigher said kobe was nothin more than a "glorified role player"
which was dumber????
? should've had his account deleted afterr that comment
(smh at anyone takin bilfigher serious after he made this comment)

Comments

• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol Billfiger says a lot of dumb ? he fathered that ? john2009s style.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lmao, I remember that ? . I was shocked
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Kobe is a bonafied star. He like Lebron often catch hate when they dont deserve it and have seperate groups who hype their ? way too much.

Melo bein a second option is retarted. He will be the dominate scorer leading the team anywhere so he could never be a second option. 2nd best player on a team, definently. But second option naw, that would mean someone is getting more looks than him which would get a coach fired with the quickness unless it was Durant.

Kobe being a glorified role player though might be worst. I dont think Bilifinger ment it in a literal sense though. He might have ment it as in Kobe always needed a dominate big man to win a ring and people won't admit it. But knowin Bilifinger probably not.

Either way both are retarted and equally as stupid.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    wowwww I never saw that but he seems to always say off the wall ? plus he's a Kobe hater due to the fact that he be swinging from MJ sac.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol damn when was this ? said... but that whole Melo the second option lead to pure comedy, made the one guy so mad he called Denver a state
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I need to see proof.........

And SMH if that ? was said..
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    c1up wrote: »
    lol damn when was this ? said... but that whole Melo the second option lead to pure comedy, made the one guy so mad he called Denver a state
    lol word...........
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Damn at Kobe being a glorified role player just damn. Lol

As for Melo I said it once and I will say it again the dude reminds me a lot of Iverson. I don't think he will lead a team to the title unless he has other stars around him. I guess he would be like the younger version of Dirk Nowitski a cat with talent but just simply not a great leader. Thats just my opinion though.

As far as Kobe I've always said he is the most skilled player the league has seen since the retirement of Jordan. I was even saying that when the Lakers fell off for those 3 years after Shaq left. A bunch of people was jumping off that Kobe bandwangon during that time. I've never liked him, but I've always gave dude props on his talent. Kobe might go down as maybe the second or third best player ever. I don't think he is passing Jordan or Kareem regardless of what he does or how many championships he wins. Thats just my opinion though.

I'm still LMAO at old boy calling him a glorified role player though.
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Damn at Kobe being a glorified role player just damn. Lol

As for Melo I said it once and I will say it again the dude reminds me a lot of Iverson. I don't think he will lead a team to the title unless he has other stars around him. I guess he would be like the younger version of Dirk Nowitski a cat with talent but just simply not a great leader. Thats just my opinion though.

As far as Kobe I've always said he is the most skilled player the league has seen since the retirement of Jordan. I was even saying that when the Lakers fell off for those 3 years after Shaq left. A bunch of people was jumping off that Kobe bandwangon during that time. I've never liked him, but I've always gave dude props on his talent. Kobe might go down as maybe the second or third best player ever. I don't think he is passing Jordan or Kareem regardless of what he does or how many championships he wins. Thats just my opinion though.

I'm still LMAO at old boy calling him a glorified role player though.

i can't think of a player who won the championship in the last 25 years who didn't have a star player around him... n melo is more equipp 2 winnin a trohy than any young player in the laeuage i remembered it was a 19 year old melo who took his team from 17-65 to 44-38...
  • jjswipe
    jjswipe Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That ? couldn't have said that. Say it aint so
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    bilfigger stays losin
  • DubbGotti614
    DubbGotti614 Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i can't think of a player who won the championship in the last 25 years who didn't have a star player around him... n melo is more equipp 2 winnin a trohy than any young player in the laeuage i remembered it was a 19 year old melo who took his team from 17-65 to 44-38...

^^^Real Talk should have have won Rookie Of The Year
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    t/s stay makin threads about posters like a ? ,you crybaby lil ? ? I aint never seen u do nothin but whine, get the ? out my face

Mdizzle u wack. you a lame whiteboy who never made one smart,funny or insightful post you got 6,000 free posts,corny ass cracka wouldnt say ? to me in the streets I swear to ?

lol @ taking off work to watch lakers games and yo lame ass aint even from L.a.
  • D.D.S.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    t/s stay makin threads about posters like a ? ,you crybaby lil ? ? I aint never seen u do nothin but whine, get the ? out my face

Mdizzle u wack. you a lame whiteboy who never made one smart,funny or insightful post you got 6,000 free posts,corny ass cracka wouldnt say ? to me in the streets I swear to ?

lol @ taking off work to watch lakers games and yo lame ass aint even from L.a.

? why u so mad???
    u know u said it, ?
    u better be glad i can't find the thread
    i shoulda made that ? my sig, cuz it was so ? stupid
    and u talkin hard like u a real ?
    foh
    u lil mj stan
    u probably bout five two, 130 pounds
    i'll break ya punk ass, boy
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited July 2010
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    ? why u so mad???
    u know u said it, ?
    u better be glad i can't find the thread
    i shoulda made that ? my sig, cuz it was so ? stupid
    and u talkin hard like u a real ?
    foh
    u lil mj stan
    u probably bout five two, 130 pounds
    i'll break ya punk ass, boy

lol @ me being mad yet you the one always cryin about what somebody else said

I just came in and streetsweeped this wack thread. Its a wrap money dont ever address me no more
  • D.D.S.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol @ me being mad yet you the one always cryin about what somebody else said

I just came in and streetsweeped this wack thread. Its a wrap money dont ever address me no more

? ?
    u aint do ? but make urself look more of a ?
    i aint cryin, lil homie
    i'm just pointin it out
    u said it so quit gettin mad
    like i said in my previous post: U BETTA BE GLAD I CAN'T FIND THE THREAD U SAID IT IN
    plus u the same ? that said u liked mj than ?
    smh, ur a confused human being
  • nasmandru
    nasmandru Members Posts: 126
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Didn't Kobe average like 30 7 & 6 in the 01 playoffs and flat out massacre Portland, Sacramento and San Antonio.
  • Tommy Billfiger
    edited July 2010
    Options
    kevinmede wrote: »
    Didn't Kobe average like 30 7 & 6 in the 01 playoffs and flat out massacre Portland, Sacramento and San Antonio.

15 ppg 4 rpg 37% shooting vs the pacers

19 ppg 5 rpg 4 apg 41% vs sixers

While shaq put up ridiculously dominating numbers

Finals are more important than dominating 8th and 5th seeds
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

Hakeem Olajuwon didn't have another star player around him for that first championship just a bunch of solid role players. I could argue that those 03 Spurs only had Duncan as a star as well David Robinson had declined significantly and Parker and Ginobli weren't really center pieces back then. Thats just my opinion. Even Iverson dragged a bunch of scrubs to the championship until they ran up on the Lakers and were out manned and out matched. Bron put that 07 Cavs squad on his back and carried them to the title series as well which speaks volumes of the type of player he is. Melo isn't that type of player thats just my opinion though.
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    He's admitted hes a Kobe hater on various occasions. I don't know what the surprise is?
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    15 ppg 4 rpg 37% shooting vs the pacers

19 ppg 5 rpg 4 apg 41% vs sixers

While shaq put up ridiculously dominating numbers

Finals are more important than dominating 8th and 5th seeds

Let's be a little fair here. Both of those teams had better guards than centers. C'mon son...

Rik Smits and Jonathan ? ? And Kobe had an ankle injury throughout the series.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NBA_Finals

Dikembe Mutombo, Matt Geiger and Todd McCollough?

Yeah, Shaq was guaranteed monsterous numbers. Just sayin, fella...
  • nasmandru
    nasmandru Members Posts: 126
    edited July 2010
    Options
    @ Tommy Billfiger

Get the ? outta here.

Kobe was injured against Indiana remember. He sprained his ankle in the first quarter on game 2 and didn't play the rest of the game or in game 3.

And kobe's REAL averages in the 01 finals were: 24.8pts, 7.8rbs 5.8ast 1.4stls, 1.4blks on 41.5% shooting

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2001_finals.html

He didn't shoot well in those finals but he still played pretty damn good.

And ? that 8th and 5th seed ? . He Flat out destroyed Portland, Sacramento and San Antonio, not the ? bobcats. He had back to back ck games of 48, 16,5 and then 45, 10 and 5 on the road. He was insane in the 01 playoffs it's still the best he's ever played.