Scripture/Thought of the Day

Options
demandred
demandred Members Posts: 142
edited August 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Proverbs 27:22(NLT) You cannot separate fools from their foolishness, even though you grind them like grain with mortar and pestle.

Proverbs 27:6(NLT) Wounds from a sincere friend are better than many kisses from an enemy.

Comments

• melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    demandred wrote: »
    Proverbs 27:22(NLT) You cannot separate fools from their foolishness, even though you grind them like grain with mortar and pestle.

Proverbs 27:6(NLT) Wounds from a sincere friend are better than many kisses from an enemy.

this is true

african(khemetic) proverbs

"the senses give the meaning from a worldly view; see with the spirit and the true meaning will be revealed. this is the relationship between object and its creator, its true meaning".

"to free the spirit, control the senses; the reward will be clear insight."

"the body becomes what the foods are, as the spirit becomes what thoughts are"
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lankavatara-sutra:
    All things appear as perfect reality to the mind.
    Apart from the mind no reality as such exists.
    To perceive externally is to see wrongly.

Bodhicaryavatara:
    A man whose mind is totally distracted
    Is caught between the fangs of defilement.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    "Be still, and know that I am ? : I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Isaiah 46:10
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited July 2010
    Options
    "Chozen is that ? , accept him as that ? or that ? will punish you." RealNiggaShit 2:13
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol, the New Living Translation phrasing of that Proverbs quote is gangsta
  • demandred
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Pro 28:4 (AMP) Those who forsake the law [of ? and man] praise the wicked, but those who keep the law [of ? and man] contend with them.(C)

Pro 28:9 (NLT) ? detests the prayers of a person who ignores the law.
  • demandred
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I appreciate all the quotes from all the various areas... keep them coming daily

@ Swiftness I thought so as well
  • demandred
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Pro 25:24 It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop than to share a house with a disagreeing, quarrelsome, and scolding woman.(L)

Your faith begins and ends with your prayer life
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    pyramid texts

"an infant's Soul is altogether a thing of beauty to see,not yet befouled by the body's passions,still all but hanging from the Cosmic Soul! But when the body grows in bulk
    and draweth down the Soul into its mass,then doth the Soul cut off itself and bring upon itself forgetfulness,and no more shares in the Beautiful and Good(? ); and this forgetfulness becomes vice".

"If a soul on entering in the human body persists in its vice, it neither tastes deathlessness nor share in the Good; but speeding back again it turns into the path that leads to creeping things. this is the sentence of the vicious soul"
  • demandred
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Thank you for those gems melanated khemist and its over: 2012!

"I am but a warm blooded guy with a big heart, caught in a heartless cold blooded world.... either I have to help others regain their warmth, or I must surrender my own in order to survive....."

"The quickest way to a person's heart is to promote that person's dreams...."

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it."
  • demandred
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pro 3:15 Wisdom is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her.
    Pro 3:16 She offers you long life in her right hand, and riches and honor in her left.