IMO... Rated R >>> Sasha Fierce

rip.dilla
rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
b5607fe8-0da9-5dc7-6eb4-74ab77e64484-FB_Rihanna_1139.jpg

From a musical persspective... Rated R was a better album than I Am... Sasha Fierce

Is it me or is Bey's music getting worse as she ages? After the brilliance of Dangerously In Love its been meh for me...

Ri dropped a good cohesive album with R considering the fact she had just recovered from a serious battery...

Rude Boy (Nasty) >>> Videophone (Dyky)

Comments

• blatin35
    blatin35 Members Posts: 176
    edited July 2010
    Bey is lucky her sister can't sing that good. lol
    Rihanna's last two albums are better than Beyonce's...
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Didn't listen to Rihanna's whole album, just the singles--so I can't really say.
    I'll have to give it a listen though.

I must say though...I liked that Beyonce didn't have all the typical songs on Sasha Fierce.

Songs like "Brokenhearted Girl"l....."Run (Smash Into You)"...."Hello", etc....were standouts on the album to me.
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited July 2010
    It's the other way around for me. I like more songs on Sasha Fierce than Rated R. However for each artist it wasn't their best albums.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    blue virgo wrote: »
    Didn't listen to Rihanna's whole album, just the singles--so I can't really say.
    I'll have to give it a listen though.

I must say though...I liked that Beyonce didn't have all the typical songs on Sasha Fierce.

Songs like "Brokenhearted Girl"l....."Run (Smash Into You)"...."Hello", etc....were standouts on the album to me.

Give it a listen... it's quite good and more artistic than Fierce... that's just me

Plus I don't know why Bey decided to release it as a double disc?
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I agree

Sasha Feirce was just B'Day 2.0 to me
  • boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    edited August 2010
    agreed