Does anyone here suffer from, or know of someone suffering fr bipolar and/or anxiety?

KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Social Lounge
I am currenly convinced that I need to get myself checked for bipolar. I know I have anxiety issues. Sometimes when out will get the heart palpitations hard, and start sweating profusely, and just get jittery. Been that way for years.

But reason I am sure of bipolar, my father and sister have it. And I have the extreme lows and manic highs. I just wondered if anyone is closely affected by it.. and any situations they went through relating to it... ?

Right now I just want to get some direction in life. Spoke of a drinking issue i have curbed bigtime now 5months ago.. but this is something I feel has also held me back. seems i can't focus and get ahead in life, as always these manic states then lows hit me. And sometimes mood is changing rapidly.

Was brought to my attention also by mmy mother to get checked out. cause she said sometimes I can be in a rage, then other times liek I am on something and high. And the anger part was what worried her and prompted her to speak to me.

Comments

• KLICHE
    edited July 2010
    27 views thus far and noone got soem feedback.. hmmmm.. :(
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Bruh you're not alone but you need to get some help immediately.
    I know firsthand seeing a shrink can be embarassing as ? but it's a tremendous help
  • KLICHE
    edited July 2010
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    Bruh you're not alone but you need to get some help immediately.
    I know firsthand seeing a shrink can be embarassing as ? but it's a tremendous help

I agree 100%. I have a laugh about it at times but I know it isn't funny as it really hinders my progress career wise and all. Hard to stay focused. And bad when one minute can be all chilled out, then the manic side of blowing my top and looking like I got anger issues when not always anger when hit the manic side.

My sis sees a shrink and has to often and on the meds, and I think for past 10years been ignoring my own issues because we me andmy mother focus on her and all her drama and just didnt realise how bad i was getting.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    this ? named heyslick
  • War Arrow
    War Arrow Members Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    KLICHE wrote: »
    I am currenly convinced that I need to get myself checked for bipolar. I know I have anxiety issues. Sometimes when out will get the heart palpitations hard, and start sweating profusely, and just get jittery. Been that way for years.

But reason I am sure of bipolar, my father and sister have it. And I have the extreme lows and manic highs. I just wondered if anyone is closely affected by it.. and any situations they went through relating to it... ?

Right now I just want to get some direction in life. Spoke of a drinking issue i have curbed bigtime now 5months ago.. but this is something I feel has also held me back. seems i can't focus and get ahead in life, as always these manic states then lows hit me. And sometimes mood is changing rapidly.

Was brought to my attention also by mmy mother to get checked out. cause she said sometimes I can be in a rage, then other times liek I am on something and high. And the anger part was what worried her and prompted her to speak to me.

I had the exact same thing for a while, and got checked out, and it was anxiety. I was just in such a ? situation with nowhere to turn that it was having that affect on me. Anyway, it was hard but I made some big changes and I've been doing fine ever since. All I'm saying I guess is horrible though it may be, it may not be so bad as you think, and you may not be bi-polar, just someone in need of serious breaks.

Just realised this is an old thread (sorry - n00b just nosing around atm) so hope you got this sorted out okay.
  • KLICHE
    edited July 2010
    War Arrow wrote: »
    I had the exact same thing for a while, and got checked out, and it was anxiety. I was just in such a ? situation with nowhere to turn that it was having that affect on me. Anyway, it was hard but I made some big changes and I've been doing fine ever since. All I'm saying I guess is horrible though it may be, it may not be so bad as you think, and you may not be bi-polar, just someone in need of serious breaks.

Just realised this is an old thread (sorry - n00b just nosing around atm) so hope you got this sorted out okay.

Yeah leaning towards being some anxiety issues. but haven't checked it out yet. Kinda procrastinating. And no apologies needed but seeing it's an old thread lol all good! Did you end up taking medication for the anxiety or used other methods liek you mentioned, making some changes?
  • 2Gee4FourRoomz
    2Gee4FourRoomz Members Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    mane they diagonoseed me wid dat ? bra it aint a good luck they make you take pills for the rest of yo life and them side effects aint no joke if anything see if they can diagnose you with anxiety bc them bipolar pills will fk u up at least them anxiety pills make u chill as ? real tawk
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Yes make sure you get yourself on some of those billion dollar a year income making psychotropic drugs that won't actually cure your "mental illness" but only mask the symptoms, and hopefully after long term use you will develop kidney disease or heart disease that they can also "fix" with their billion dollar drugs! Hurry up, a psychiatrist or family doctor are waiting for you to come, they want a vacation to the bahamas next summer.
  • KLICHE
    edited August 2010
    Yes make sure you get yourself on some of those billion dollar a year income making psychotropic drugs that won't actually cure your "mental illness" but only mask the symptoms, and hopefully after long term use you will develop kidney disease or heart disease that they can also "fix" with their billion dollar drugs! Hurry up, a psychiatrist or family doctor are waiting for you to come, they want a vacation to the bahamas next summer.

LOL and I guess you "always tell the truth"... right???

edited: so I can add..... I had read the side effects some time back and got to agree though, seems like a bit of a cost to the body to get so called "cured"... I haven't gone and seen a doc yet, and as I have been thinking about it more and more starting to think I don't want to know either...
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited August 2010
    LOL and I guess you "always tell the truth"... right???

edited: so I can add..... I had read the side effects some time back and got to agree though, seems like a bit of a cost to the body to get so called "cured"... I haven't gone and seen a doc yet, and as I have been thinking about it more and more starting to think I don't want to know either...

I can't say I've never lied, I can say however, that I avoid intentionally uttering falsehoods like the plague.

You say you suffer from anxiety, and think you may be bi-polar. For one, there is no actual test they can do to say you have any kind of "chemical imbalance". It's a medical fallacy. There a no clinical tests any doctor or psychiatrist can do to give you evidence of any such disorder. It is all opinion, based upon an agreed set of criteria voted on from leading psychiatrists(sell-outs to big pharma). Secondly, the anxiety and bi-polar you think you experience is in the mind, not the brain. Hence why they have no test to find these things, because the mind is not physical. Yet they would have you believe that taking a physical pill will fix something unphysical such as the mind.
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2010
    yep im bipolar i have anxiety sometimes, i use to be co dependant, im still very manic at "doing things"... i forget alll the time meaning im a lil absent minded.. i space out alot when im realy thinking on how something should be done.. i stumble over my words when im tryna explain something.. i do not realy live to improvise on things..meaning im chaotic....sheeet my mind is allll fluuuuuckkked up!! l0l but im smart as hell and i get EVERYTHING DONE anything i see i in my mind if i feeel that it is the thing to do and it will be rewarding i make it happen i thrive off of motivation and knowledge....i learned that ppl need me to succeed so i cant walk around bieng nor "looking depressed..thus pulling me out of it i also learned that stress comes u cant stay away from it. i also leanred thst certain ppl and things can cause your stress level to drop i also learned that life is not easy ...so lace up the shox and get it crackin cause there is a finishline that needs to be met.
  • Aquafinafloe
    edited August 2010
    100 correct..its like "you tell me im in need of much attention... but when its twisted to you...its much needed of an assistant."
    I can't say I've never lied, I can say however, that I avoid intentionally uttering falsehoods like the plague.

You say you suffer from anxiety, and think you may be bi-polar. For one, there is no actual test they can do to say you have any kind of "chemical imbalance". It's a medical fallacy. There a no clinical tests any doctor or psychiatrist can do to give you evidence of any such disorder. It is all opinion, based upon an agreed set of criteria voted on from leading psychiatrists(sell-outs to big pharma). Secondly, the anxiety and bi-polar you think you experience is in the mind, not the brain. Hence why they have no test to find these things, because the mind is not physical. Yet they would have you believe that taking a physical pill will fix something unphysical such as the mind.
  • KLICHE
    edited August 2010

interesting concept! Can I ask, are you against medications as a means of steadying out any sort of ailments like anxiety or bipolar due to the side effects as the main issue... or or some underlying dislike for pharmaceutical companies.. or have your own horrible experience.. just wondering, as i do see ya point.. it makes sense to me, just feel something else is there also... am i wrong?
  • KLICHE
    edited August 2010
    yep im bipolar i have anxiety sometimes, i use to be co dependant, im still very manic at "doing things"... i forget alll the time meaning im a lil absent minded.. i space out alot when im realy thinking on how something should be done.. i stumble over my words when im tryna explain something.. i do not realy live to improvise on things..meaning im chaotic....sheeet my mind is allll fluuuuuckkked up!! l0l but im smart as hell and i get EVERYTHING DONE anything i see i in my mind if i feeel that it is the thing to do and it will be rewarding i make it happen i thrive off of motivation and knowledge....i learned that ppl need me to succeed so i cant walk around bieng nor "looking depressed..thus pulling me out of it i also learned that stress comes u cant stay away from it. i also leanred thst certain ppl and things can cause your stress level to drop i also learned that life is not easy ...so lace up the shox and get it crackin cause there is a finishline that needs to be met.

good response! got me thinking how I need to just get motivated and quit worrying about it so much.. and letting whatever it is hold me back.. i am manic in the lows and highs, and yeah sometimes like even today, I get all happy about stuff and within 30mins i ? the ? at someone and come across like i'm about to flip out, then can be all calm and reserved again
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited August 2010
    I might be able to help you in a non-professional way. I am a doctorate student of psychology, PM me with the details of your issues. Like in what situations you act this way or that way ect. Bi-polar is popular now, but may not be the problem. Doctors are throwing that out like it is candy. You could have it, but there are many other lesser issues that you may have.
  • Aquafinafloe
    edited August 2010
    man just remember the greastet smartest people with the best minds...are the craziest...are minds are i would say "
    above average" with all the thought and everything...we just wnana know the answers in life and as u can tell most answers in life are man made! thats why it is imporantat to aslo have a "spiritual bieliefe" spiritual healing helps the mind deal with concepts that feels the humane flesh realy cant answer diffrent pppl have diffredt views..just talk alot sweety and exspress yourself..i find if i cant express my thoughts then i start writting my musici and my music is THE SHYYYYYYYYYYYTTTTT l0l thats all you gota do you wil be fine..medications should only be used if u are thinking about wanting to ? yourself or others....AND ACTUALY REALY WANT TO GO THROUGH WITH IT IF U CANT SNAP OUT OF THAT THEN YES GO SEEK HELP! also online ppl are crazy too so i wouldn't realy recommend talking to them "deeply" like that face to face is much better!---dont put ur life on a computer!
    good response! got me thinking how I need to just get motivated and quit worrying about it so much.. and letting whatever it is hold me back.. i am manic in the lows and highs, and yeah sometimes like even today, I get all happy about stuff and within 30mins i ? the ? at someone and come across like i'm about to flip out, then can be all calm and reserved again
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited August 2010
    interesting concept! Can I ask, are you against medications as a means of steadying out any sort of ailments like anxiety or bipolar due to the side effects as the main issue... or or some underlying dislike for pharmaceutical companies.. or have your own horrible experience.. just wondering, as i do see ya point.. it makes sense to me, just feel something else is there also... am i wrong?

I think it bizarre people think they can fix the mind with a pill. Especially pills their own doctors and psychiatrists can't even explain how they work. They're disruptive to the mind and body on a whole, though for a lot of people that seems like a fair exchange to escape that part of the mind that is causing the disturbance. It's easier to mask the physical symptoms than delve into the very mind that is the cause(and cheaper too, unless you do it yourself instead of seeing a psych). Which I understand in some sense because for some, going through the mind is like walking every inch of hell. As far as pharma companies, I think it is really disgusting how they make a living using humans as guinea pigs. Most of these drugs have only been tested 6-8 weeks before FDA is paid 1 million dollars to fast track it for use in the public(with sketchy testing at best).

You control your mind, not the other way around. You are not a victim of your mind unless you believe your mind is in control and dictates what goes on. You are not your mind, your mind is the machine that allows you to act upon this world. It is the most powerful thing in your possession and can either work for you or against you. Study and observe your own mind.
  • KLICHE
    edited August 2010
    man just remember the greastet smartest people with the best minds...are the craziest...are minds are i would say "
    above average" with all the thought and everything...we just wnana know the answers in life and as u can tell most answers in life are man made! thats why it is imporantat to aslo have a "spiritual bieliefe" spiritual healing helps the mind deal with concepts that feels the humane flesh realy cant answer diffrent pppl have diffredt views..just talk alot sweety and exspress yourself..i find if i cant express my thoughts then i start writting my musici and my music is THE SHYYYYYYYYYYYTTTTT l0l thats all you gota do you wil be fine..medications should only be used if u are thinking about wanting to ? yourself or others....AND ACTUALY REALY WANT TO GO THROUGH WITH IT IF U CANT SNAP OUT OF THAT THEN YES GO SEEK HELP! also online ppl are crazy too so i wouldn't realy recommend talking to them "deeply" like that face to face is much better!---dont put ur life on a computer!

lol get ? !

you lost me at "sweety" you ? fruitcake lol
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010

? thank u.... No1 is bipolar it's u being u and basically ts is just a big whiney ? ... ? we all get Nervous it's just about who can get the ? over it and some of u r just ? who get angry over everything...
  • Aquafinafloe
    edited August 2010
    i flow dont realy like to call it rap..
    what type of music, do you write? Or, do you even define it that way?
  • KLICHE
    edited August 2010
    ? thank u.... No1 is bipolar it's u being u and basically ts is just a big whiney ? ... ? we all get Nervous it's just about who can get the ? over it and some of u r just ? who get angry over everything...

LMFAO! possibly you suffer from the bipolar you deny exists.. lol can't see the need for you to respond like this, all "WHINEY" like a "? " lol probably slamming the keys in your keyboard too huh.. ?
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    LMFAO! possibly you suffer from the bipolar you deny exists.. lol can't see the need for you to respond like this, all "WHINEY" like a "? " lol probably slamming the keys in your keyboard too huh.. ?

what am I makin u mad again ... Maybe u should just smoke some weed
  • KLICHE
    edited August 2010
    what am I makin u mad again ... Maybe u should just smoke some weed

LOL!! or maybe I just keep you around on a leash and listen to ya funny anecdotes and i'll be laughing all day, everyday