I need some kung fu flicks to watch

2»

Comments

• Rondre Sleaze Twin
    Rondre Sleaze Twin Members Posts: 368 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Alexender Fu Sheng was the next Bruce Lee before he died tragically and he lived in Bruce Lee's House
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    It doesn't matter kung fu flix now are not any good is what I'm saying
    Everyone knows this...im saying people on here arent mentioning the classics because dude asked for suggestions from the 2000s. Of course the classics are better...by the way I just saw a dope one from 08 called "Ip Man". Anyone seen this?
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    School me on Ip Man
    Its a semi autobiographical flick about a legendary martial arts master named Yip Man who lived in Fo Shan, which was like a Martial Arts hub in China. He was the first to openly teach the Wing -Chun style of Kung-fu. The flick pretty much centers on his life in the 1930s like how he built his reputation and he and his family's struggles during the Japanese invasion. Its a dope ass flick, man the choreography/fight scenes is sick. Apparently Bruce Lee ended up being one his students in his later years.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    stoneface wrote: »
    Everyone knows this...im saying people on here arent mentioning the classics because dude asked for suggestions from the 2000s. Of course the classics are better...by the way I just saw a dope one from 08 called "Ip Man". Anyone seen this?

Ip man 1 and 2 the best kung fu flicks I seen in the past 5 years, its the story of Bruce Lee's master
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    What ya'll know about the Storm Riders?

It's pretty much the closest thing to a live action anime I've ever seen and fathered The Last Airbender.

A second one came out last year, but I haven't seen it yet.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Wow I know Im late but I just saw Tony Jaa's The Protector for the first time, ? dope as hell, I think its better than Ong Bak 1 & 2 IMO

Definately watch that if you aint seen it
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    i cant wait to hit up the Shaw Bros building out in Singapore, i didn't go the 1st time i went but definitely goin this time around.