Rap Critic: Ice Cube

Rap Critic
Rap Critic Members Posts: 104
edited August 2010 in The Reason

Comments

• deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    "a postive song"? Ice Cube was a gangsta rapper. He could say "Today I didnt need to use my AK" thatz gangsta. I can relate to that ? lol. I remember when I was young me and my ? was like DAMNN did you hear what he said???? I DIDNT HAVE TO USE MY AK lol. Man that's straight gangsta.

A classic whatever you say.
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Man ? this closet ? .
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    I dont agree with the rating.
  • DubbGotti614
    DubbGotti614 Members Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Ice Cube TOP 5 DOA
  • NICKY P
    NICKY P Members Posts: 269
    edited July 2010
    aint even guna bother watchin it
  • thedarkprince
    thedarkprince Members Posts: 429
    edited July 2010
    MrJR wrote: »
    Man ? this closet ? .

________________________________________________________________________________________
  • King45
    King45 Members Posts: 95
    edited July 2010
    I stopped listening at 58 seconds into the video.
  • King45
    King45 Members Posts: 95
    edited July 2010
    NICKY P wrote: »

Smart man. I made the mistake for clicking "play".
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    facepalm.... 2/5?
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Ice Cube TOP 5 DOA

saved me some typing
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    sboogie wrote: »
    You have no credibility. The tone and message he was conveying missed you. Sure many of the things he points out as good, are silly to people who don't live that lifestyle. To give this classic a 2/5 is ridiculous. I can understand you not relating to it, but in that case don't rate it. Katie Perry songs don't relate to me, so i don't rate them. By rating it you're really ? on the people who this song resonates with. I do like your style though, you are entertaining. so big ups to you for that.
    Thats what i said in his last ? thread. "How you rate music that thugs wit nothin relate to it?"
  • Rap Critic
    edited July 2010
    deathrowz, you are indeed right. It IS a classic song, no matter what I say. To anyone catching feelings, I wouldn't get too worked up about these episodes. I mean, how serious can you take a show where the main character wears the same hat and solid-color shirts in every episode? That's something a cartoon character does! It's a comedy show, guys. You gots to chill.
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Rap Critic wrote: »
    deathrowz, you are indeed right. It IS a classic song, no matter what I say. To anyone catching feelings, I wouldn't get too worked up about these episodes. I mean, how serious can you take a show where the main character wears the same hat and solid-color shirts in every episode? That's something a cartoon character does! It's a comedy show, guys. You gots to chill.

But you're dead serious about your ratings...
    and they're rediculous
  • Rap Critic
    edited July 2010
    sboogie wrote: »
    You have no credibility. The tone and message he was conveying missed you. Sure many of the things he points out as good, are silly to people who don't live that lifestyle. To give this classic a 2/5 is ridiculous. I can understand you not relating to it, but in that case don't rate it. Katie Perry songs don't relate to me, so i don't rate them. By rating it you're really ? on the people who this song resonates with. I do like your style though, you are entertaining. so big ups to you for that.

I don't immediately relate to it, but why does that mean I can't have an opinion about it? I don't know what it's like to go to my teacher's desk and say "throw some D's on my paper" but I can tell you that that is a ? song. As well, I've never Had an evil girlfriend, but I do like "My Chick Bad". I don't mean to put down anyone that likes it, that's why I made it ESPECIALLY clear in this episode that this is my opinion only. At the same time, I made it also clear that Ice Cube IS my favorite west coast rapper on more than one occasion (hinted at it in my first episode). Why did no one acknowledge that I had actually stated that I indeed am a fan of Ice Cube? Can't I like a rapper and not like one of his songs? Ultimately, I'm not judging how gansta the song is, I'm judging how good the song is, IN MY OPINION (how many times have I used this word?), lyric-for-lyric.

Well, I guess I was bound to have an episode that a lot of people wouldn't like. Huh, and I thought the Jay-Z episode was going to be the most hated. Thanks for, while completely disagreeing with what I said, still complementing me on my show. I really do appreciate that, sboogie, straight-up.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    this ? rap critic is gandy as ? man, quit listenin to rap, you straight lame.
  • rosskemp
    rosskemp Members Posts: 206
    edited July 2010
    lets all bash his opinion

XD N1 LADS
  • Rap Critic
    edited July 2010
    "go for songs you wouldnt normally think have whack ? "

I can't remember the poster, but that was part of my motivation to go ahead and put up the last two episodes.

"The lyrics in this song aren't necessarily great or anything, I think the reason most people (and myself) like this song over most of his others because of the beat and general mood. If you look at the whole of "The Predator", it's pretty damn unpleasant, so this is a nice break from the darkness of the rest of the album."

A reasonable argument. Of course, I never said I didn't like the song, I just said it wasn't his best. At the same time, I see where this poster is coming from.

Also, I appreciate how jamaica kept it simple, just stating that he didn't agree with my rating. I'm cool with that. Props for not eliminating my thread after watching the episode!

I've noticed that the controversy lies strictly in the rating. Did everyone skip to the ending? There were some lines in there that didn't have anything to do with the lines being bad, you guys!
  • djparamnesia
    djparamnesia Confirm Email Posts: 434
    edited July 2010
    rosskemp wrote: »
    lets all bash his opinion

XD N1 LADS

yesss ross kemp is on the board
  • Rap Critic
    edited July 2010

Really? Well, if not, you're a:

B.........

I..........

T.........

T, E, R....

person if you judges things before even giving them a chance. You might actually like the episode if you just look at it as entertainment.
  • robblr86
    robblr86 Members Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Listened to about five seconds of it....ur voice is annoying as ?
  • Rap Critic
    edited August 2010
    80's baby, I respect how you responded maturely and with reasonable feedback. You're right, rappers do make up words a lot for the sake of rhyming, but I just pointed that out because it just felt a little odd for him to do that there. Those particular comments I made were done in pure jest on my part, though. As well, you're right about the police thing, so I definitely see how that is part of a good day, but I just couldn't resist the car crash joke, and I just wanted to poke fun at that sort of recklessness. I will admit, I can be harsh at times to songs, especially older rap songs. Maybe I do it to force the audience to challenge the conventional acceptance that we have of vintage material, and persuade them to, if not change their minds, at least get an alternative glimpse into what a certain song's value can interpret...

...or maybe I just like ? with people....

It could be either one...

Thanks for watching and for taking your time to comment.
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    had some good parts but you were trying too hard
  • Rap Critic
    edited August 2010
    saved me some typing

...but then you typed something anyway, so that sentence is kind of paradoxical.
  • Rap Critic
    edited August 2010
    robblr86 wrote: »
    Listened to about five seconds of it....ur voice is annoying as ?

Well, there's nothing I can do about that.
  • Rap Critic
    edited August 2010
    datz wuz up, keep doing these things mane. I neva paid attention to tha lyrics on D.O.A b/cuz tha beats annoyed tha ? outta me. i liked how you broke dat ? down.

Thanks, man. Not saying anything about you, but I've noticed that a lot of people are more concerned with the beats to a song instead of the lyrics. In fact, when a lot of people watch my show, they tell me that they never really pay attention to most lyrics in rap songs at all. I always found that strange, because that's mostly what I do when I listen to rap songs. Also, I like going to lyric websites and seeing what rappers are saying.

also, I see how someone could find this beats a little raucous at times. Thanks a lot for watching!