Elbow Pain

playmaker88
playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in The Weight Room
Whatup workout freaks.... Does anyone get paint in their elbows when doing dips Pullups or chinups.. I dont know where this ? came from I noticed it months ago.. But its a pain or stress in the elbow area.. Anybody know why.. and what it is.. I can still complete the workout but the pain is apparent and annoying..
Holla back.

Comments

• Millions Knives
    Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    I had a similar situation but it was in my knee though:

Ibuprofen (or Vitamin I) reduces inflammation and since my symptoms were caused by an inflamed patellar tendon, this strategy makes sense. Still, I’m not a huge fan of pain killers so I tried to limit this to the first three days.

oryou can try some fish oil, that helps for joint pain.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    I experienced that same feeling. I dunno where it came from, but it had a ? shook @ 1st. I would get the elbow pain and then a few months down the road, I began to get a shooting pain in my right shoulder (only when I was lifting). For the elbow pain, I just kinda took it easy and used some OTC pain meds here and there. For the shoulder, I actually had to end up going to the Dr's office and getting some prescription anti-inflammatory meds.

I dunno what the problems were, but I haven't had any major pains in over a year & a half.
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Good look i aint gonna take ? .. that fishoil.. maybe.. or ill just ride it out.. thanks
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Glutamine playmaker. I had the same pain as everyone that has posted and I was worried as ? because I didn't want to slow down my workouts. I mixed the glutamine in my water or added it to my protein shakes and in no time pain gone.
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2010
    Good look Gutta