rockin an OKAYPLAYER shirt with some baggy jeans
shades on at night
and you still can't see me
you smirk at my attire
but admire my cockiness
I take your ? looks as a compliment
but again

it stops there

you ever thought of conversating with Satan?
you might find out that even he has a past
used to be an angel then went bad
I'm not comparin myself to Beezlebub
I'm jus sayin
if I'm that bad in your eyes
I dont need your love
I dont need your advice on how to live my life
when I'm more happy than you are

I've talked this way
walked this way
dressed this way
listened Outkast to Jay
Electronica to Z
from Cunninlynguists to Rae
and yes they influenced me

32 years and I evolve
with the music I listen too
I am Salt
everyone is lookin at me thinkin I'm someone I'm not

but my country ass ain't
32 years gone by
stop lookin at me with those big faces
like I paid for your opinion
and youre expecting change

it stops there.

Comments

• Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Good stuff! I like how you express yourself right here on so many levels.. You kept it hunnid, I can digg that..

Even tho you'd want it to stop, I find it impossible.. But you can obtain possibility by paying no mind of opinions, I realize if you worry to much about what others think or say, your never achieve that sense of peace...

So many lines just stood out.. but I can't like copy and paste because of my mobile..

Keep writing and expressing yourself! And thanks for sharing this with us..
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Great piece, the world needs more people to say "? what you think about me"

The ? /hiphop line hit me. Some of my people are hypocritical at times, its like one black man likes other music genres he's a music fan, one white guy likes hiphop, has to be a ? .
  • VSOP
    VSOP Members Posts: 195 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Great piece, the world needs more people to say "? what you think about me"

The ? /hiphop line hit me. Some of my people are hypocritical at times, its like one black man likes other music genres he's a music fan, one white guy likes hiphop, has to be a ? .

perfect example

Im 30 plus years old and ive talked the same way, walked the same way and listened to the same music since .....shiiiiitt about 12 or so years old is when I really started LISTENIN to music

and i fell in love with hip hop

its jus funny when people say "oh youre trying to be something youre not"
    lol wtf-that really doesnt make sense cuz ive been like this since before youve known me, ill be the same after we stop talkin (with your ignorant ass lol) and ill always be the same

you want me to change from bein myself?!? doesnt make sense

I love music, in general, but my personality is hip hop-its what I grew up with, I grew up with drugs around my way, cops everywhere, fights, ? , etc....you want me to listen to country music?!?
  • VSOP
    edited August 2010
    Options
    tupacfan wrote: »
    Good stuff! I like how you express yourself right here on so many levels.. You kept it hunnid, I can digg that..

Even tho you'd want it to stop, I find it impossible.. But you can obtain possibility by paying no mind of opinions, I realize if you worry to much about what others think or say, your never achieve that sense of peace...

So many lines just stood out.. but I can't like copy and paste because of my mobile..

Keep writing and expressing yourself! And thanks for sharing this with us..

sorry ms navajo i didnt see your post until now

yeah...I finally hit that point a few years back that I had that "I dont give a ? " attitude-thats when I started doin ? JUST to get stares (like wrappin a shirt around my head like ATLien Andre lol ridin round in my cadillac)

I learned to embrace it and really started rockin alot of hip hop tshirts (cunninlynguists, okayplayer, etc) and if someone has somethin to say, i throw em the ipod and watch them nod their head to the beat

Im tryin to turn ignorance into knowledge ya feel me?

it jus hit me the other day when some girl saw me the other day pull up to work bumpin reggae and asked "why you listenin to that N***** ? !?" (i live in the panhandle of florida btw)...I jus stopped, took a deep breath, shook my head and walked off

its sad that in 2010 some people haven't learned that its not about race, religion, etc-we're all human beings that all bleed the same blood
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited August 2010
    Options
    VSOP wrote: »
    sorry ms navajo i didnt see your post until now

yeah...I finally hit that point a few years back that I had that "I dont give a ? " attitude-thats when I started doin ? JUST to get stares (like wrappin a shirt around my head like ATLien Andre lol ridin round in my cadillac)

I learned to embrace it and really started rockin alot of hip hop tshirts (cunninlynguists, okayplayer, etc) and if someone has somethin to say, i throw em the ipod and watch them nod their head to the beat

Im tryin to turn ignorance into knowledge ya feel me?

it jus hit me the other day when some girl saw me the other day pull up to work bumpin reggae and asked "why you listenin to that N***** ? !?" (i live in the panhandle of florida btw)...I jus stopped, took a deep breath, shook my head and walked off

its sad that in 2010 some people haven't learned that its not about race, religion, etc-we're all human beings that all bleed the same blood

I feel it VSOP,

Hip hop brough everybody together, all walks of life, all facets of life.. don't ever change for nobody, keep doing you, at the end of the day, they don't know you.. I hate it when people who hold judgement because of their beliefs or what they feel and dictate that upon another indivdual..that be some BS..

So with that said, keep up the good work and expressing yourself on issues that affects everybody.. that's what poets do!

Peace and blessings!
  • Legend24
    Legend24 Members Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm not hip hop
    a genre can't contain me
    I am sound
    I am the interlude to the cd's you don't listen too
    I am music
    I whistle the Devils flute at your Christian School
    then I stop there

Those lines there just had me shaking my head... awesome ? bro. The whole piece was great, keep doing what you do.
  • VSOP
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Legend24 wrote: »
    Those lines there just had me shaking my head... awesome ? bro. The whole piece was great, keep doing what you do.

thanks for the love homie

definitely more of a lil anger typed in here than actual thought of writin a good piece

more of a vent than anythin else