The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in Fresh Produce

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    hmmm that Kong ? might be interesting

synth drum generators have always had very limited usefulness in my view, i wonder what range of sounds you can actually get out of that thing.

guess I'll have to DL Reason 5 off of The Pirate Bay, ReWire that ish into FL, and find out

oh and ? Reason's unwieldy "patch cords like in real life!" design, ? the pretentious ? that swear that Reason users are genetically superior to FL users somehow, and ? their proprietary Refill™ format that I can still extract sounds from via the Refill unpacker the hacker bouls made
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    but Pro tools 8 > everything.

yeah, ten years ago maybe.....Pro Tools is becoming obsolete thanks to DigiDesign's arrogance. only being allowed to use 1 brand of hardware with crippled software is WACK in the 2010. that's why mad ? have abandoned PT for Reaper....why should anyone have to shell out 10 grand just to be able to use more than 32 tracks??? LAME!

Reaper is 60 bucks, the install package is 5mb, it supports VSTs, the workflow is much faster, it consumes far less CPU resources, the development team LISTEN TO THE USERS AND UPDATES FREQUENTLY, it doesn't crash nearly as much as PT, its highly customizable so you can make it work like PT or Cubase or whatever you want. Create hotkeys to do WHATEVER YOU WANT. You can even change the look with skins! The only reason da Reaper team ain't running ? right now is because DigiDesign got that marketing department C.R.E.A.M for full-page ads and the big fancy booth at NABShow.

Pro Tools is coasting off of the "industry standard" hype and the fact that sales clerks at Guitar Center and Sam Ash recommend it to beginners. Its like how the vast majority of internet surfers use Internet Explorer. Like yeah, IE8 >>>>>>>>> IE6 but its still ass when compared to Firefox or Chrome.
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This Kong joint looks pretty dope. Certainly an improvement over the Redrum, which is WACK.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Only in terms of dance music. It's guarenteed reason is more powerful synth wise.

but Pro tools 8 > everything.

No it isn't.

Synth-wise, FL Studio, especially 9, crushes Reason in every way imaginable.

Synthmaker and Sytrus both demolish Thor (especially Synthmaker)
    In fact... Synthmaker alone can spank up every other synth Reason has to offer.
    Directwave is a better sampler than NN-XT (handles a far wider variety of sample formats).
    Reason doesn't have a wave editor like Edison (plus, you can record directly into Edison).
    Slicex and Edison>Recycle (plus you don't have to buy anything extra to get their capabilities)
    plus... no need to buy Record or anything like that 'cause FL Studio has been able to handle your audio recording duties since FL5.

Besides, there's an entire genre of dance music that spawned from FL Studio, Dubstep.

Reaper is a good tool... but there's some stuff about it that irritates the ? outta me. The biggest problem I have with Reaper is using multi-timbral/multi-out plugins like Korg's M1 or NI Kontakt. ? just doesn't work like I'm used to and that's a problem when I'm trying to get an idea down.
  • Beatmonstah
    Beatmonstah Members Posts: 8
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm still waiting for it so I can find my way to get my hands on this piece of magic work. Reason is very great, user friendly, provides great sound quality with edition of presets.